Random Sports Shorts
Here are a few sports thoughts for a warm Christmas eve.
- Vince Carter scored 51 last night for the Nets. That matches his career high, scored as a Raptor during a game I attended. I was really hoping the jerk would never hit 50 again.
- It appears as if the Jays have acquired Troy Glaus in a trade with Arizona. The price is Miguel Batista and Gold Glove second baseman Orlando Hudson. Although this will give us some more pop in the line up, I really didn't want to part with Hudson. The best second baseman this side of Robbie Alomar is undervalued by J.P. Ricciardi, in my humble opinion.
- Prior to losing a close one in San Antonio last night, the Raptors had one three straight road games. The Raptors are road warriors with a respectable 5-9 record. Now if they could only win a second game at home...
- A couple of days ago, I noticed a spike in terms of new visitors to this site. I checked the referral logs to see where all the new traffic was coming from and I quickly realized it was because Tony Dungy's son had been found dead. During this month I wrote about Tony Dungy when I hoped he'd go for an undefeated Colts season. I'm always writing about my son James, which was also the name of Dungy's son, and I started the month writing about the wicked CDLX tracks I was streaming via Myspace. The combination of the terms "Tony Dungy", "James" and "Myspace" had me highly ranked on a number of popular Google searches when word of this tragedy hit the news. It was not the kind of traffic I was looking for. This was news that really struck a nerve with me. My thoughts and prayers are with the Dungy's. It's every parents worst nightmare.
- I forgot to put in my NFL picks this week, meaning I have all the home teams by default. Go home teams go!
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!