Our Raptors are the 2019 NBA Champions! #WeTheNorth

raps

Urooj Islam

HOLY FUCK! IT HAPPENED!

Congrats to you and Toronto James, Mike, that is what it is about. You will remember this moment for the rest of your lives just like I will remember watching this game with my parents. Sharing moments like this with the people that helped cultivate that passion for sports is the best.

Cherish this moment, everyone, enjoy and be safe.

Wow.

June 14, 2019 @ 12:27 AM

jj

WE DID IT!!! AMAZING. Soooo stoked

June 14, 2019 @ 1:10 AM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee)

I turn 55 years old in September, and this is the happiest sporting day of my life! My first very own championship of a team I am passionate about, the only other one being the Montreal Expos, and we know where they are right now, so chances of winning with them are pretty slim!

June 14, 2019 @ 2:00 AM

Rick aka The_ElevatorMan

And we won't have to see Steph Curry's mouth guard anymore!

June 14, 2019 @ 7:54 AM

LieveFamke

Congratulations to the fans! (Mike + James especially). I didn't watch.... I went to bed, got woken up by honking cars, knew that the Raps won and fell back asleep.

My complaint... went to look for "Raptors in 30" this morning... they are only showing "Blue Jays in 30" seriously?? the Blue Jays?? Why aren't they playing "Raptors in 30" the day after they win it!?!?!

June 14, 2019 @ 8:17 AM

Cambo

@Rick

THAT was driving me nuts...put the damn thing back in your mouth...

June 14, 2019 @ 8:25 AM

@LieveFamke

Fun fact: for a period of time, Mike James was our favourite Raptor.

June 14, 2019 @ 8:29 AM

GUNTer

well ive never watched a basketball game in my life, but i tuned in for the last 20 minutes. holy hell that took a long time! very happy for the team, fans and the city. couldnt help but imagine when 'my' leafs win the cup -soooon?

June 14, 2019 @ 8:55 AM

Beatts

I'm happy for all the long suffering Raptor's fans. Always great to see Toronto do well on the world stage.

June 14, 2019 @ 9:56 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Yesterday I received my best birthday gift ever! I also aged about 10 years in those last 30 seconds. I'm so pumped! Tonight I get to be on the Toronto Mike'd Podcast! WHAT A WEEK!

June 14, 2019 @ 10:26 AM

jj

Still feeling amazing about it, cause DUHHHH. Probably going to watch game highlights once a day all weekend!!! To think I thought we were going into a Game 7, only to have Steph miss the shot and they give themselves a technical!!! Steph got two free points from tripping over his own damn feet, so BS. BUT WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

June 14, 2019 @ 10:54 AM

@jj

I'm of the opinion that technical was genius.... if they don't call the timeout they don't have, they have 0% of winning. But... by stopping the clock , they had a 0.5% chance!

June 14, 2019 @ 11:04 AM

McNulty

That was amazing.

I think the time out foul was a bit BS and ruined what would have been such an exciting finish but who cares now?

I have been to about 50 games since 2012, I have an old Lowry bobblehead on my desk, I have way too many Raptors shirts and both my kids to playoff games and we all watched LeBron ruin our fantasy of championship. And now....now...we have it.

Curry missed his shot. Kawhi knocks the rebound. Boom goes the dynamite.

June 14, 2019 @ 11:25 AM

Rick aka The_ElevatorMan

I have a TJ Ford Bobblehead in my collection!

June 14, 2019 @ 11:29 AM

Any Chauncey Billups as a Raptor fans in the house?

June 14, 2019 @ 11:40 AM

James Edgar

call me a bandwagon jumper if you wish it certainly fits. I was certain at one point in the Celtics series that this was going to be another disappointment ,but I'm a happy as anyone that they pulled it off.

Congrats to all you long time fans especially Toronto James!

June 14, 2019 @ 11:43 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Well you are certainly a bandwagon jumper...the Raptors didn't play the Celtics ;P but as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier! Welcome! Stay awhile.

June 14, 2019 @ 11:49 AM

jj

TM - I didn't view the tech that way but it makes sense. I genuinely thought we were going to take it to game 7, bu the minute Steph missed the shot - W O W.

And now I am seeing Masai got into a scuffle with authorities while trying to get onto the court? Apparently he did not have his credentials on him? And they'll pursue minor charges as he supposedly shoved someone :/ really hope this doesn't overtake the bigger picture.

LET'S GO RAPTORSSSSSS. The post game footage was amazing too!!!! Loved seeing them all happy and dancing.

June 14, 2019 @ 1:37 PM

@jj

The Oakland cops will be apologizing to Masai in no time. That's a whole lotta bullshit. That won't overshadow this in the least.

June 14, 2019 @ 3:06 PM

Urooj Islam

@Toronto Mike @jj

Ujiri in 2014: Fuck Brooklyn
Ujiri in 2019: Fuck Oakland?

Nothing worse than a power tripping police officer.

June 14, 2019 @ 3:30 PM

La Belle

What a great all round effort last night. These gentlemen will be deified in Toronto sports history. They are now Gods! I'll never forget this team for the rest of my life.

June 14, 2019 @ 4:06 PM

m m

@ Mike, Can't forget poor Chauncey. We had high hopes for him, but we were too heartbroken from losing Damon, and Chauncey was nowhere near what Damon meant to us.

June 14, 2019 @ 4:16 PM

Urooj Islam

"I am finding it hilarious though seeing all my Facebook/Twitter etc. friends who are suddenly massive fans posting about how they won. Happy for them but it reeks of phoniness :)"

You're old enough to know that Canadians can bandwagon with the best of 'em.

The "one team" Canadian phenomenon is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in sports. Canadians outside of Southern Ontario who despise Toronto, Torontonians and the region who will root for their sports teams. I've never seen anything like it.

No matter what the MLSE marketing department says, this is still Toronto's team first and foremost and Southern Ontario's team to a lesser extent. There's no other country or region in the world like this where they hate a city but root for their teams when they do well like the rest of Canada does for the Jays and Raptors.

June 14, 2019 @ 5:37 PM

jj

@Urooj Islam

@Toronto Mike

EFF THAT GUY!!!!!

June 14, 2019 @ 6:16 PM

Jack

Looks like there's a warrant for Masai. This is not good.

June 14, 2019 @ 6:16 PM

T

Dont matter who the fuck you are, you dont touch a cop. Period!!!!!

June 15, 2019 @ 2:27 PM

jj

HAPPY WE THE NORTH DAY!!!!!

June 17, 2019 @ 7:58 AM

@JJ

Recording now with Hebsy and then hopping on the bike to join in the fun.

June 17, 2019 @ 8:20 AM

jj

TM - Can't wait for your post! Looks like a blast!!!!

June 17, 2019 @ 12:53 PM