Malcolm Young, Dead at 64

Malcolm YoungMalcolm Young was 64. He was the legendary guitarist who co-founded AC/DC with his younger brother, Angus Young.

Malcolm-Young

bsmntdwllr73

Already posted my thoughts in the Open Mike section, but I'd like to reiterate how very sad this
makes me here as well. AC/DC were the first hard rock band that I really got into. I remember
singing "Dirty |Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" on the playground during recess. I asked my mom to
buy me that album for my birthday and wound up with the "Let There Be Rock" tape instead.
Took me half a minute to get into that much heavier album, but once I did, a one-sided love
affair of about 35 years commenced!! One of the finest rock riff writers in history. My favourite
AC/DC song has always been "Touch Too Much" with "Dirty Deeds" a close second.

November 18, 2017 @ 9:36 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Sad news and so young to have been diagnosed with dementia.
My son is such a huge fan he convinced his wife to name our first grandson Malcolm!

November 18, 2017 @ 10:56 AM

The Voice of Reason

Likely the biggest name in rock to pass on in the last few years. Next to David Bowie and Glen Frey, this mans music made a true impact in the world.

RIP you are a true ICON

November 18, 2017 @ 4:29 PM

Beatts

My all time favorite band.

Sad day but his quality of life had slipped the past couple of years.

RIP Malcolm

November 19, 2017 @ 1:05 PM

Blind Dave

Quality of life is the most important thing, period. Without that, you have nothing. I hope he had a great life.

RIP, Malcolm.

November 19, 2017 @ 5:05 PM

The Voice of Reason

“People can go out and hear R.E.M. if they want deep lyrics. But at the end of the night, they want to go home and get fucked. And that’s where AC/DC comes into it. I think that’s what’s kept us around so long. Because people want more fuckin’.”

Malcolm Young 1/6/1953 - 11/18/2017

November 19, 2017 @ 8:03 PM

TCLT

I still get chills thinking about the first time I heard AC/DC

December 12, 2017 @ 12:51 PM