My Mom Misses Dave Gerry on Global's The Morning Show

My Mom Misses Dave Gerry on Global's The Morning ShowI don't watch any television in the morning but my mom sure does. She recently switched from Breakfast Television to Global's The Morning Show. She's a big fan of Dave Gerry, Liza Fromer's co-host on the program.

Apparently, Dave Gerry's no longer on The Morning Show, so my mom asked me to find out what happened. Using the power of Twitter, I posed the question and made sure my pal Mackay Taggart, producer of The Morning Show, saw the tweet. I use the term "pal" loosely in that I follow him on Twitter and once had a conversation with him while sitting by a speaker phone with Humble and Fred, but he got back to me quickly with "Dave's decided to go back to his first love...reporting. He's still here at Global and will be producing pieces for TMS!"

Ok, he's off The Morning Show but still employed by Global to do some reporting. That's fine... but what's this alternative opinion by the slightly less credible @BlueJays55? "You can tell your mom that Liza pushed him off the show because doesn't like to share & hates talented people. She's a phony."

Screenshot from 2013-01-07 16:17:39

Either way you slice it, my mom is ticked. She just asked me if Dave Gerry's on Twitter (he is) and how she can tweet at him. She's very, very serious about this.

Michael

Important lesson:
Mom's are usually very serious about what they want so do not get in the way.

**Please feel free to copy and paste into your "Mental Notes" book. No charge & No Copyright intended.

January 7, 2013 @ 7:07 PM

JRM

Dharu left unannounced as well
I also heard it was because Liza Fromer felt threatened. Beware Kristina and rosey. I will go back to watching Breakfast Television.Seems a little more tranparent over there

January 7, 2013 @ 7:53 PM

elvis

I would like to tweet your Mother.

January 7, 2013 @ 8:09 PM

Andrew

Liza is pretty laid back compared to some on-air talent I've worked with... and believe me, I've worked with some of the nastiest, bitchiest, pains-in-the-ass people you could possibly imagine.

Cheers,
Andrew

January 7, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

SweetP

Awww....bring Dave back. There is a huge gap He added character to the show. It's boring now without him;0(

January 7, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

CQ

Just saying, any of my criticisms towards Global TV etc., don't involve nasty cheapshots of unsuspecting individuals. TO Mike shouldn't have included the second re-tweet here.

January 7, 2013 @ 10:15 PM

Gump

@Andrew

Do tell!
Is Monika Deol the ***** I think she was (is?).

Is Dave Devall the devil since he can write the weather backwards and in mirror image with either hand?

Inquiring minds want to know...

January 7, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

Andrew

@Gump,

I never had the 'pleasure' of working on EC with Ms. Deol - that is one place in my resume I have not had the pleasure of working at.

I don't know if Dave is the Devil or not, but from everyone I've worked with over the years says he was great.

It's way easier to talk about all the great ones as opposed to the stuck ups and assholes.

I can tell you that Mr. DressUp was the nicest man on the planet!

January 7, 2013 @ 10:39 PM

Sammi

I found the Global morning show uwatchable. I am surprised that anyone watches it.

January 8, 2013 @ 6:20 AM

bill

I found most of he topics on TMS were geared towards the female gendre, where Dave had very little input. I have stopped watching and have switched over to BT.

January 8, 2013 @ 6:41 AM

Glen

The reason I don't watch television morning shows is the banter. It's all so forced and fake with the atypical sassy female co host putting down the dumb male co host.
I also don't need someone to read the morning papers back to me live on TV. I can read just fine.

January 8, 2013 @ 8:46 AM

Argie

"I found most of he topics on TMS were geared towards the female gendre"

Um bill, how do I say this? Those shows are for women - not many heterosexual men are watching these types of shows. Oh and I think its cute you have little acronyms for them.

January 8, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

chuck labowski

i left town for work in panama about 4 months ago,came back for the holidays. thats when i found that daru,& dave are gone. who is next? i am surprised it is still on.back to ctv.

January 8, 2013 @ 9:54 AM

Gump

Dave didn't work 48 years in the "business" of show without being a great guy. Think of the stores he could tell of the early days of CTFO...

On another topic : Mike, with the NHL starting up, do you know what is happening with the Leafs hockey games (and Leafs Talk) on AM640? I remember there being a question of it returning with the change in ownership.

January 8, 2013 @ 4:34 PM

Glen

@Gump

Half the games will be on The Fan 590 and the other half on TSN 1050.

If they get into the playoffs I have no idea how they will divide the games.

January 8, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

@Gump

I came here to say what @Glen said.

Half on 590 (Rogers-owned), half on 1050 (BellGlobeMedia-owned).

I'm sure they have some fair lottery system to split 'em up.

January 8, 2013 @ 6:32 PM

Gail

I too miss Dave on the show. I won't be watching it anymore. Don't ya think if Dave had made this decision that he would have announced it beforehand?

January 8, 2013 @ 7:43 PM

mike2

Dave was boring Lisa's boring I'm surprised the shows still on the air now a half hour more what are they thinking the last half hour will pick up viewers because city tv morning show will be done.

January 8, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

mike2

January 8, 2013 @ 9:30 PM

Anonymous

I was just wondering what happened to dave gerry from global's morning show.

Now I learn he's off the show. That's it - I'm done with TMS.

January 8, 2013 @ 11:56 PM

Gary

Most morning shows in Toronto are horrible. I don't know how any of you watch any of them. The Global show is the worst of all.

January 9, 2013 @ 8:15 AM

Anonymous

people leave this show all the time. They don't tell us anything. I wonder who is next.the topics are boring.I will be watching something else

January 9, 2013 @ 9:13 AM

RM

I'm done too-if Dave's off -so am I-he grounded the show

January 9, 2013 @ 9:17 AM

mariann

Please ask Dave Gerry to return. My husband and I who are seniors really miss him. Seniors watch a lot of morning shows. He balanced Liza's upbeat mood with a more mature and thoughtful approach to a topic. If he doesn't come back. You have lost us a viewers.

January 9, 2013 @ 10:42 AM

Debbie

I am done too..he grounded the show. Silly mistake to change the original winning concept. All you have now is the same show as every other show in T.O., just have to find the hosts you like. Dave was fantastic, Daru was intelligent..God forbid...shame..

January 9, 2013 @ 2:31 PM

Bananas

Had been looking for Dave Gerry myself as all Liza ever does is talk about her children like nobody else ever had any. Or her other favorite topic " Whole Foods ".
Ran in to him today on Bloor. He was doing an interview so I waited. Told him I missed him. He was truly the only sanity of the show.
Too bad. They lost another viewer and Dave. He's happy though.

January 9, 2013 @ 6:37 PM

Stephen

Disappointed to no longer see Dave on the morning show, he was both refreshing and grounded. However, it did appear that he was over time having his "screen time" being squeezed by Lisa. Also the folks at Global should at least be forthcoming about their personnel changes. Unfortunately, this means I will be back to watching City's breakfast television.

January 10, 2013 @ 7:07 AM

miss c

I think it's annoying how they keep replacing major hosts without a word to viewers...plus it's rude...the least they could do is make some announcement and I think it's getting boring now too sad because I watched it since the beginning and I am a mom in my 40's ...not a senior yet :)

January 10, 2013 @ 7:26 AM

TMS_ExWatcher

I thought Dave was still on holidays! What a shame to learn that he has been given the squeeze as he literally made the show worth watching. His witty insight, creative journalism and irresistible charm will surely be missed.

So long Morning Show. The rest of you just aren't interesting enough to keep my attention.

January 10, 2013 @ 7:31 AM

DaveFan

Global morning show without Dave Gerry is now catering to the lowest common denominator.
I'm done.

Global's National Morning Show: Not Worth Waking Up For

January 10, 2013 @ 12:25 PM

bobo65

I miss both Dave and Dharu. BT is not an alternative because of Dina. Liza is way better then Dina, so I guess I,m
stuck with TMS.

January 10, 2013 @ 3:31 PM

Ralph

Dave was the best thing to happen to that show get rid of that stuck up weather girl who cares about her opinion on anythingi dont whant to hear from her!you might as well call that show the talk!!!!!!!

January 10, 2013 @ 5:59 PM

Dilip

I liked Dave. Don't like how hosts simply vanish!!! I only watch the show for 5 or 10 minutes now. Pity.

January 10, 2013 @ 11:58 PM

Cathie

I do agree the comments about the lack of respect from the show - how can the change in hosts change without telling the viewers? I work in senior mgmt and hiding the truth only causes mistrust and suspicion .... Viewers will ultimately lose faith and stop watching.

And yes..... Dave was a great cohost. I thought Dave and Liza were a great team..... If anything happened behind the camera I certainly did not pick up on it- unlike the very public feud b/w Darhu and Liza.

TMS - pls listen to ur viewers.

January 11, 2013 @ 7:21 AM

Cathie

TMS - pls listen to ur viewers.

January 11, 2013 @ 7:21 AM

Cathie

TMS - pls listen to ur viewers.

January 11, 2013 @ 7:21 AM

Janice

Like most of the other folks listed here, I too miss Dave. Wasn't sure where he went or what happened to him ... TMS have some respect for your loyal viewers and tell us that hosts are leaving ... then we will have more time to watch and less time surfing the internet trying to find out what happened.

January 11, 2013 @ 7:33 AM

Andrea

I only watched the show because I really liked Dave Gerry. Not a Liza fan.

January 11, 2013 @ 7:50 AM

Dan

They are doomed - a "Liza-centric " concept just doesn't cut it! The Ds added visual and intellectual balance.....how can such blatant errors be executed!!?? Either Liza's ego.....or one real dumb producer!

January 11, 2013 @ 8:01 AM

Darryl

Yeah...seems someone is driving the good co-hosts away? The show does not compete now. Begrudgingly returning to BT - absolutely LOVE Dina and Jen - but this is almost entirely offset by how much the male hosts irritate me - weather guy is rediculous!

January 11, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

al

Dharu now Dave -- gone---- me too from elmira

January 11, 2013 @ 8:52 AM

Martin

Dan, I think you nailed it...two major issues with this show: Liza - an absolute tool, if you let her she'll talk about herself all day and laugh about it (what's so funny really about anything she says??) Poor production - I don't think there's any actually, there's a clear lack of leadership on the management side. So take out the fun and witty Dave and Daru and you're left with what? Liza, enuff said. Kris, busy blowing up smoke up Liza's ass. Rose, yawn...and the social media guy whatever his name is..the dumbest person I have ever seen in my life. Save your money Global and put an end to this morning misery for everyone's sake.

January 11, 2013 @ 9:45 AM

Manny

what happened to dave gerry?

Bring him back please.

January 11, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

Bananas

When running in to Dave on the street, I mentioned "L's" name. He said " I don't know who you are talking about ". Speaks volumes. Obviously we know who the issue is. That show is pathetic. It should be rated comedy or for children only. The only people who had anything to say we're The two D's.
I guess we all miss you!

January 12, 2013 @ 4:30 AM

Dave

Rosie is the worst addition the show. offers nothing. NOTHING

Dave and Daru imo were both far better than whats on offer now. plus how could you not wake up and have a bad day with Daru telling you how nice a day it was going to be.

show sucks now.

January 12, 2013 @ 1:14 PM

Darryl

No question Daru was special....and Liza knew it...kill or be killed !

January 12, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

rick

Dave and Dharu were great. Liza sucks..a loud mouth. The weather chick is annoying and the video nerd is absolutely worthless. This is nothing but a 22 yrs. old' s show.....sucks!
I thought BT was bad......

January 13, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

rick

I thought BT was bad......

January 13, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

tommybear bear

Incredible. I honestly think that without dave,this show is not up to par. Could be going for a more upbeat, or younger audience. We enjoyed dave without question, and now without him..its back to bt and the dancing clock...Yes kevin frankish is a god....to answer your question.lol

January 13, 2013 @ 10:03 PM

tommybear bear

Dave if you ever read this, in all honesty, you where the main and for most the only reason why people watched the show. Without you, it really has no charactor. I really dont care if they bring in dancing clocks, bears,zebras, chimps, or even dancing dwarfs,This show without you should be carted off in a van down by the river..DAVE FOR MAYOR..

January 13, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

Debbie

I was so disappointed when Dharu was all of a sudden GONE with no explanation! Now DAVE??? He was my favourite and brought so much to the table. He always had great point of view and brought the 'over 40' view to the show...I really miss him and wish he'd come back. For now, I'm back watching Canada AM!

January 14, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

Susan

I was very disappointed when Daru left but am really ticked off that Dave is gone. Used to love his "On this day" segments and wondered what was going on when it got reduced to "This week" bits. Liza drawls all her sentences out to about 3x the length anyone else would say the words, that's irritating! Liam, the Social Media Guy, is just plain stupid. Also thought the "Talking Points" was a slight against our intelligence - we can't be expected to think of things to talk about unless they tell us??? I am now happily back to Breakfast Television.... still going to miss Dave though.

January 14, 2013 @ 9:28 PM

Brian

If Global Toronto's "The Morning Show" keeps changing on air staff at the current rate...in six months they will be able to market it as...
"The New Morning Show".

January 14, 2013 @ 9:55 PM

Steve

Dave's Gone ..... then I'm gone!

January 15, 2013 @ 6:20 AM

lorraine

I am SO annoyed that Dave is gone from the show. And, like many others, really disgusted they don't tell their viewers when "key" people are leaving. I, too, kept turning it on, HOPING to see Dave. When I realized he was no gone, decided to stop watching. He was the only reason to watch the show. It's clear to me the wrong people are leaving. Like, why is Kris R. still on? At least she's not fumbling her way through the news now. But hey, doesn't matter because I've gone back to switching between BT and Kevin Frankish.

January 15, 2013 @ 6:44 AM

Pete

I remember when it started and Dave would actually open up the daily newspapers and read articles. It seems to me that not much money is put into producing this show. I did like Dharu making sly comments to Liza which went completely over Liza's bubble head. This show and all morning shows are vapid and need to be cancelled.

January 15, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

TV Critic

The common denominator here is Liza. Sounds like they have a major problem with what to do with her, as they pretty much have her as the face of the show. I'm going back to listening to the radio in the morning.

January 16, 2013 @ 9:00 AM

Robert

Global had “lightning in a bottle’ when the TMS first began. Once Dharu “a reminiscence woman” left the show the downward slide began. Dave with his mature male perspective offered balance to Liza overly opinionated self. On more than one occasion when he differed in opinion with her he use the word “sycophants” on air to describe what did she expect the rest of the hosts to behave like.
I Liza wants her own talk show that fine but just don’t mask it as a morning show like BT. Adding the extra half hour just reeks of desperation...
Bottom line, done watching...

January 17, 2013 @ 6:40 AM

Robert

Sorry for the typos above, just really miffed!

January 17, 2013 @ 6:47 AM

Anonymous

Bring Dave back. Refuse to watch the show now....he was the best out of all of them....Liza , not so much

January 17, 2013 @ 7:47 AM

Anonymous 1

And what happened to Liza's wedding ring ? Hasnt been on her fnger for quite awhile now.

January 17, 2013 @ 8:08 AM

KWG

TOOK ME A WHILE TO TAKE TO THE SHOW, BUT THE TWO HOSTS THAT DREW ME IN AND REALLY MADE IT INTERESTING FOR ME WERE DAVE AND DHARU. GOING BACK TO BT. NOT ENOUGH INTERESTING TO KEEP ME PUTTING UP WITH LIZA'S IRRITATING LAUGH. NOT TOO BRIGHT GLOBAL!

January 17, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

Dormie

Liza seems to be in control who co hosts, Liza needs followers, not any co host with opinions other than hers, nor more talk time than hers, Kris is too young, too inexperienced to offer any insight on many topics, as suggested by others Liza needs the morning show hosted solely by her as a monologue, unfortunate for Daru and unfortunate for Dave, unfortunate for us viewers, many of us will be watching city's BT more or only, all the best

January 18, 2013 @ 7:28 AM

jeremy

Who are these people commenting on a show they obviously don't watch. First of all, the spelling of the former weather girl's name is Daru. She left last summer. Get over it. People come and go from TV shows all the time. As for Dave Gerry, they announced he left the show in early January so how is that hiding? What do you want...a personal phone call? And if you watch the show, Dave's Global News pieces air all the time on The Morning Show so he's still on. So get facts before bitching, people.

January 18, 2013 @ 7:55 AM

Robert

I beg to differ friend... Dave’s taped segment is not co-hosting...

January 18, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

bk

I will no longer be watching the morning show. There's no value in watching with Dave gone!

January 18, 2013 @ 10:33 AM

bk

January 18, 2013 @ 10:33 AM

shane

who cares about hosts leaving or why? this happens on every show on every network. if your life revolves around who is talking to you on tv then you need to take a closer look at your life.

i can't watch the morning show because liza fromer has an annoying laugh and comes across as holier than thou. and kris reyes is a bubblehead who can barely speak english. it has nothing to do with who's NOT there.

it's free TV. change the channel.

January 19, 2013 @ 8:30 AM

Rebecca

Well said Shane! Hosts on TV come and go all the time and if that really disturbs you then you need therapy. And I saw Morning Show on the day they talked about Dave G not being on anymore so these commentators who claim it was done secretly obviously don't watch the show.

Yes, Morning Show is quite painful to watch sometimes. I agree that Kris is a bimbo and that guy with the glasses is the most useless/obnoxious person on TV but it looks like he has a bit of a mental disability so cut him a break. And yes Liza is full of herself and has an awful laugh.
but when I've had enough I switch the channel. I don't cry and freak out about it.

I echo Shane's comment: Change the channel.

January 20, 2013 @ 9:59 AM

morningshrew

the show was bad with dave gerry. the show is bad without dave gerry.

January 20, 2013 @ 3:04 PM

kenigman

lisa or do i say liza she was a joke on bt and shes even a bigger joke on tms for the rest of them hopefully global will wake up one of these morning and smell the coffee

January 21, 2013 @ 8:21 AM

kenigman

January 21, 2013 @ 8:21 AM

Earl

Stopped watching when Daru left. Would never watch again now that Dave is gone. Kris can't read the TelePrompTer without pregnant pauses. Liza's just too full of herself - who gives a F that Samson put valences up in his room? A social media desk cuz we dont have any ideas of our own and need the 20 people watching to help us out. And dont get me started with sideshow bob doing the weather.

January 22, 2013 @ 7:01 AM

Logan

Ha, this is pretty cool. Why can't Daru and Dave do this show? Oh wait, because it's rated R for Retard.

January 22, 2013 @ 1:24 PM

Bart Gimble

Daru was very sharp with her comments. Liza did not want to deal with that wit, it showed her lack of intellect.

Liza strangles every end of sentence into a long dragged out pronunciation, it is just so painful to hear. Done with it.

Dave Gerry took it in stride, but got his shots in, the thing with Dave & Daru on set was a non stop firing range and Liza was the target half the time and only knew about it about every fourth or fifth salvo. Just extremely painful to listen to. Liza really should go into another line of work.

January 22, 2013 @ 2:49 PM

Cheryl

Miss Dave on TMS, tried watching TMS without him but it doesn't work. Liza grates my last nerve. Please get a host that brings something to the show. We are back to Canada AM since Dave is gone.

January 23, 2013 @ 7:07 AM

Pierangelo

Dave Gerry we miss you. The Morning Show has taken the turn for the worse. Remember it's not to late to make good bring the cast back to the show made it what it WAS. Great shows like Sinefeld , BT television were great because of integrity the cast is not changed every week. NO INTEGRETY this production has lost credibility what's next?????

January 24, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

Connie

I can't stand Liza's voice, the way she speaks grates on me, therefore can't watch that show.

January 25, 2013 @ 9:27 AM

Lin

First Daru and now David plus no one has the courage to provide an explanation!! Global your audience knows who grounded the show and sadly you removed the wrong people. You need more perspective not the giggly crew you have left. So long you have lost another. L

January 26, 2013 @ 11:29 AM

Arthur

Add me to the list of persons no longer watching the show. The interaction between Dave and Lisa was, for me, highly entertaining. Now that Dave has gone, the show has nothing to offer.

January 27, 2013 @ 3:41 PM

Chris H

I was a fan of the show for months, but I really don't like it without Daru and, especially, Dave. He was most of the reason I watched. I also don't like the way both appear to have been unceremoniously 'dumped' - whatever happened to an announcement, a goodbye show, a transition? Nope... just, hey s/he's not just on vacation, s/he's GONE.

Where did Liza's rings go, by the way? Another dumping?

January 28, 2013 @ 6:40 AM

jill

you could tell from day 1 that dave wanted to be back in vancouver.

January 28, 2013 @ 7:10 AM

Al Roker

Show is absolutely unwatchable. Looks like it is produced in somebody's basement a la Wayne's World. Liza is annoying as hell. Dave Gerry boring. Kris Reyes always blowing smoke up Liza's ass. Grasping at straws with the Internet nerd. Daru made the show tolerable. Bill Coulter's talents being wasted. My prediction the show will be cancelled by the end of 2013.

January 28, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

Michael

You call that news? Morning show? What the hell happened to Global News! It is like a hen pecking show!
Global is the only channel I get and I will not watch it!!
Peter Trumen we miss you!

January 28, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

tia

everything about this show now sucks!!
hope it goes off air soon.

January 29, 2013 @ 9:14 AM

Marje

I too, miss Dave and Daru. I have no time for the others on TMS. I don't like Dina or Jennifer on BT... .I think I'll go back to listening to radio.

Anyone have the ability to get this message to the Execs and get the show off air sooner?

January 29, 2013 @ 12:18 PM

Goo

This is the 2nd consecutive time Dave Gerry has been screwed over. He came back here to Toronto because CityTV Vancouver fired him as the primary host of their Breakfast Television show which I watched for years. The resulting show now is completely unwatchable and it's hosted by what looks like homeless people.

Everyone who knows Liza directly or knows someone who knows her all says the same things. Nothing ever nice. It's not that she's a horrible person, just an incredibly self-centered one. And the silvery crazy-eyes don't help.

Self-important weirdos like her and Dina from CityTV can only possibly work on these shows if they have a real-world normal guy like Dave Gerry or Kevin Frankish.

And yes, it's funny all the Daru comments here, because you could literally see the pissed off look on her face during the shows at some of Liza's comments. It was downright awkward.

I only turn the show on now because I have a weird inexplicable Kris Reyes fetish. Always turn on the TV thinking she'll be doing the show in her panties, but it never really works out that way for some reason.

January 31, 2013 @ 7:17 AM

Nic

Agree with most of the comments already made. I feel like I want to like Liza, but ultimately she's bland and appeals to the "mommy bloggers", I think. Middle of the road opinions, mostly concerned with her latest detox. Dave added a different perspective and they seemed to work well despite the difference. I thought Dharu had unique opinions and was sad to see her go - but yes you could see she didn't like Liza. Kris is fine. I think she has potential and is probablyl smart to kiss Liza's butt for now. I like Liem. I think he's a good part of the show. Think Rosey's gone already. Thing is, I can't stomach Dina more than I don't care for Liza, so not going to watch BT in its place. And CP24 is the worst. Can't stomach Steve or that other woman who is phoney personified.

February 9, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

Paul

Totally agree on Dave he was a real pro and grounded the show. This show now looks like a very poor scripted cable show. Anthony Roberts this guy needs to go back the broadcast training 101.

February 12, 2013 @ 8:58 AM

Vivian

Very disappointed to see this show going downhill. Yes I liked Dave, and must admit to watching less and less, but things happen. Unfortunately, the show is looking really desperate.
The show has lost its way and needs a new direction, and new producers who will listened these comments!
What is this with digging up co hosts who do not have anything extra to offer. SAD!

February 13, 2013 @ 9:25 AM

sadie mcneilly

lisa has to go her giggles get on my nerves, Rosie thinks she's so special. The social guy he must know the right people, as he has no talent what so ever, Antony poor thing he does not look at all comfortable. Why, does Kris have to suck up to Lisa, does she think its her show.

February 13, 2013 @ 11:03 PM

John

I didn't mind Dave but everytime he wasn't talking it was like he was zoned out or something. Maybe he was listening to the producer in an earpiece but I found myself many times thinking what the heck is this guy doing, he's staring off into space!

February 14, 2013 @ 11:59 PM

Gordon

Dave was by far the best part of the show, the only reason I tuned in. Now its a joke, seemed like Dave was bored at times however, but what do you expect? I cant blame the guy. The vast majority of the stuff they talk about is just wishy washy entertainment/fashion/living stuff geared towards women and I found myself quite 'bored' half the time with the chosen content. Well anyways now the show is unwatchable and it has lost yet another viewer, good job Global!

February 15, 2013 @ 1:44 AM

Natalie

As others have commented, Dave really grounded the show, acted like a real pro and delivered really the shows only laughs. I always found his commentary/segments funny and insightful, with him gone the show is complete crap. Now it's like watching a show broadcast from some local journalism college put on by a bunch of first year students with big ego's and no talent!

February 15, 2013 @ 1:51 AM

S Smally

No Dave and Daru = congrats Global for getting rid of the best two co-hosts and claiming your rightful spot as the worst morning show in Toronto!

February 15, 2013 @ 1:54 AM

Kurt R

Were/are people actually watching this show for Liza?!? I CANT STAND her and her overly opinionated and pompous self. Everyone I know who watched the show did so because of Dave and to a lesser extent Dharu. Now they are both gone! What is the draw for the over 40 crowd now??? Liza?? get real, this show is a joke now. I wish Dave all the best in his future endeavours.

February 15, 2013 @ 2:04 AM

Mike

Liza and Frank had chemistry on BT. Liza and Dave were painful to watch and the reason I couldn't watch the show. They seemed so awkward together and so boring. My wife and I are glad Dave is off the show. It was horrible. The drivel that came out of his mouth shocked me and you could visibly see him sucking the energy out of Liza. I'm sure he his a smart guy but he is not talk show host material. Talk show host are supposed to be bubbly. Dave was a killjoy.

February 20, 2013 @ 7:44 AM

bill

Oh! Please! What are you Lizas brother in Law? Dave was the best part of the show I guess his humour was just over your head!You find those shrill annoying laughs bubbly? Oh Brother!

February 21, 2013 @ 1:51 PM

Cheryl

Has anyone else noticed that all of the people representing minority groups (of which are really the majority of toronto) are not on the show since it started. First there was the beautiful African Canadian girl,Cam, who started the Live Blogs (don't know if I said that right) on the show. That was when our family thought that this was going to be innovative. We tried it for the first time. She made everyone feel like we were apart of this new medium. There were times the 3:1 male ratio at the table seemed to bully her. We were left with what seemed to be innapropriate humor that was more suited for a highschool cafeteria. No more links to articles, no behind the scenes clips, no more getting to know the cast. Then there was the equally beautiful Asain host, Daru, who was quite charming as she gave the weather. She seemed to be undermined everytime she had an opinion at the desk. Then there was the really spunky girl who did the camera. Not sure of her name but she used to dance the show off the air.Maybe she is still there but we miss her on camera. She seemed very spunky. Loved her short hairdo. Finally Dave-the more mature host of the bunch. He represented my parents generation and boy was he funny. He had great historical bits and had a way of bringing some education to the program. He was stable and seemed to serve the retired demographic but bridged the generation gap too. What is Global News doing? Why are they so adamant about leaving us out. We don't get much news and when we do its last night news. Its also often filled with countries and names mispronounced by the news host. Shame on that show. Maybe this is why most people tune into BT. PS. Kevin Frankish was the heavyweight of that combo anyway. Don't know Liza personally but its dissapointing to see she supports this behaviour. Maybe she should stand up for her team. Why did she leave BT anyway. Signed, not the only one going back to BT. (never really left-after all I need the most current news updates)

February 24, 2013 @ 1:58 PM

Huxley

Dont miss Dave but still find the show stinks

February 25, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

Huxley

Dont miss Dave but still find the show is boring.

February 25, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

Rebecca

I used to like this show but got tired of it pretty quickly.
Wasn't a fan of grumpy Dave but he was more interesting than Liza, her laugh annoys me for some reason. Also, I liked Daru, she had a funny quirky sense of humour. I don't like Rosey Edeh at all and just can't warm to her; she seems to be a bit of a snob. No opinion one way or another about Kris (sp?) What happened to Liza's wedding ring.? I notice she doesn't have it on lately.

February 27, 2013 @ 6:34 AM

Anonymous 1

Well its been a nice break having Leslie Roberts filling in for Liza Fromer. Maybe they fired her and havent told anyone or found a replacement yet. we could only hope. As for the missing wedding ring-maybe her husband fired her too !

March 7, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

Doug Cumpson

Dharu gone and Dave out it is time to close the show open up a new show with all new hosts two will do. Or just broadcast CHCH morning live they have it right. The snob needs to be taken out.

March 8, 2013 @ 7:41 AM

Anonymous

Rosey's not a snob just British and smart. She is a meterologst with a law degree. Having wked in media for a long time, Liza's not the one making decisions about who goes or stays on the show, check the "guy" who runs their newsroom

March 12, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

MJM

Dave & Dharu were the reasons I watched the show..I enjoyed Liza when she was on bt years ago.. But she really lacks personality on tms.. I'm surprised the shows still on the air..I've switched to cp24 because I find Dina so annoying

March 17, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

sheldon

I'm still pissed that simi and dave were canned here. (Vancouver breakfast TV),now there is a serious amount of channel flippin, yeah sorry jODY AND TOO COOL,IT JUST DOESN'T WORK, WHEN WILL THE Corporate HEADS REALIZE THAT????????????????

March 22, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

Stevos

Dave G was the brains of the operation, his absence makes the show dumber. Daru made good contributions too but seemed to have trouble getting her two cents in. Liza's speaking manner with the repeated long, drawn out up-talk to end every sentence or phrase is really annoying. When I'm flipping channels on morning news, I rarely stay with this one.

March 26, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

Ed

I really enjoyed the interaction between the girls and Dave G. His witty sarcasm made it more interesting and he delved deeper into news stories than a co-host normally would.
I really think the producers should offer him a raise and bring him back. From all the other comments it sounds like a sure plan for future success. Love Liza too and the girls are all very talented but the new guys although very handsome and competent don't have the same charisma.

April 12, 2013 @ 8:30 AM

Tannis

I love Dave! He was an awesome host of BT Vancouver with Simi Sara both were witty and very entertaining. A much better team than when I watched TMS Toronto with him and Liza. Liza definitely is not a very good host and does not keep me engaged to want to watch this morning show.

May 3, 2013 @ 8:59 AM

Julie

Finally, I have found a place to vent my disgust at the demotion of Dave. All January, I was like where is he. When he is coming back.
The show is just not the same with out him.

May 8, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

Julie

The show is just not the same with out him.

May 8, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

Anonymous

Dave Gerry is no longer on Global. He was let go.

June 5, 2013 @ 7:12 PM

Debbie

He has quit apparently. I read his most recent blog.

June 16, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

Robert Sedgley

The show is now crap weather person inadequate not an interesting show anymore gone back to watch bt

September 3, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

Ralph

this show is the most staged and pandering pile of crap on tv.dave was the best!!!! lets see they have the blonde airhead,the lost asian girl, the black stuck up weather girl,the white news guy,and the gay media guy. I am scottish and i am deeply offended that there are no scottish people on the show !!!!!

February 19, 2014 @ 9:58 PM

Kit

Show, crap. Liza Fromer, terrible host!

February 27, 2014 @ 7:21 AM

Dan Serbin

Fact: Daru and Dave were fired by Liza and Mctagart.
They were smarter and Fromer can't compete
Liem is a terrible comic relief with his hipster, wanna be technology
Rosie tells us something about the weather,most promotes her daughters track events and has clothes she stole from a circus clowns trunk
The pretty man boy with yesterday's news. Boring
The producers sucking the bank acct dry
Pls who ever is in charge you should have put this dog with fleas down long ago
Articles say Fromer is separated and pursuing her lesbian proclivities
Everything she handles turns to shit,sad song

April 2, 2014 @ 11:05 PM

Hot chick 1

Today I heard that an elderly couple moved to canada in 2007 from England and have been trying to become citizens since. In 2009 one of them was diagnosed with kidney disease. Our ever so kind country wants to kick them out because they are a burden on our medical system. We are constantly bringing in people who are terrorists, drug dealers, into prostition and what ever else low life we can find and we give them everything, but god forbid we let a normal couple in that has become part of the community. I guess their fate is they speak English and come from one of our founding countries.

January 24, 2015 @ 12:45 AM

rob

stupid giggles,strange pronunciations,pompus attitude, this program and its talking heads become more annoying every day. i love how the weather report talking head instructs us kiddies on how to dress every day, layerup when its winter, and keep the umbrella handy if it might rain. global tv keeps lowering the bar. i only watch to see how the cultural rot has taken over!

August 4, 2015 @ 8:20 AM