Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 4: Courage

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 4Here's the 4th episode of my podcast, Toronto Mike'd. In this episode, it gets awfully emotional, as Toronto Mike reveals something personal and the gang talks about movies that make them cry. This episode is exactly 25:43.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

As always, I'm eager to read your feedback, good or bad. Please let me know in the comments what you thought and any topic ideas you have.

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Colleen

Thanks for the shout-out! Mike will be pleased. And congrats again ;)

September 27, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

Blind Dave

Congratulations!!!

The second go-round is working for me, so here's wishing you the same good fortune.

September 27, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

elvis

This episode sucked.

September 27, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

Al

I kinda sorta figured when I saw you at H&F's Christmas thing at Gretzky's with someone that didn't look like your ex. Anyway, congratulations on the engagement.

September 27, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

Lorne

Best wishes, Mike!

If you're looking for a small but neat location in Toronto, the woman who did the event planning for my wedding runs The Toronto Wedding Chapel. Yonge & Davisville. Katherine Parris is an amazing event planner. She made my wedding run super smooth, to the point where I barely even knew she was there. The year after, at my mother-in-law's wedding, I was the caterer, so I worked with her behind the scenes, and I can tell you there's a HELL of a lot of work that goes into making things run so smoothly that you don't know the event planners' even there.

I can send you a list of the vendors I used, if you're looking. Keep an eye on Frugal Bride, too.

September 27, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

Lorne

Also: Turner & Hooch. It's been years since I saw it, but man-- every time.

September 27, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Congrats on the engagement Mike. It was no doubt a tough decision to lay this part of your personal life out. Good Luck going forward.

September 27, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

McNulty

Wow. Now a lot of my questions have been answered.

I knew something was up with the Euro trips.

September 27, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

The two trips to Amsterdam were for work reasons, as was the trip to Berlin.

And of the three times I went overseas, I went solo twice.

September 27, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

dale

The last seen in Mrs. Doubtfire,
the rug shrinks every time even though it was a comedy. I've seen it laughing my ass off & then weeping. A true roller coaster ride of emotions.

Congrats Mike

September 27, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

@dale

Just saw Mrs. Doubtfire again on my flight home from Dublin. You're damn right.

September 27, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

Peter

That a great way for you to lose creditability, By reading you blog for years I always wondered if you waned to be a radio DJ, By posting this B.S blog you have lost me as a follower! What a joke! This is ego filled B.S podcast! I heard you on humble and fred's podcast and had to fast forward your bull shit!!

October 2, 2012 @ 6:33 AM

@Peter

So I take it you didn't like episode 4...

How exactly did I lose credibility?

October 2, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Lorne

Oh yeah, I'm totally with Peter on this one. Never in a million years would I have expected the Toronto Mike podcast, which originated from the Toronto Mike blog, hosted by Toronto Mike, to actually have content about Toronto Mike.

Shocked. Shocked and disgusted.

(And sarcastic. Just mentioning)

October 3, 2012 @ 9:42 AM

Peter

Mike
I truly enjoy our Blog, But the podcast is B.S, The magic about radio is that its focused on the listener, this Podcast is crap! I don’t visit your blog to learn about you I couldn't give a flying F*#k about you (Nothing Person) I read you blog for your views on T.O, you views on things are interesting. But your not interesting!! Its a little bit like Perez Hilton like to hear his view but why the F*#k fo I need to hear his personal life!! You sound like a blogger who is disparate for Fame!!

I don’t give a sh!t about your life I want you to comment on people in the news! Rosie is a annoying as all hell!

October 4, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Peter

* (Nothing Personal)

October 4, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

@Peter

I'm actually glad you're back. I saw your comment on the episode 4 entry (note I didn't delete it!) and had follow-up questions.

In Episode 4, I did open up and talk about myself. I really felt that was necessary b/c it had been a couple of years since I'd talked about certain things and my current situation would be a little shocking without that context. So yes, a chunk of episode 4 was about me.

But other than that, I think we're mainly chatting about external stuff. Movies that make us cry, favourite tv shows, Sam the Record Man, the big jail being built in Etobicoke, the Olympics, etc. So don't judge the whole thing by the first third of episode 4 b/c it was truly an outlier.

Having said that, it is the Toronto Mike'd podcast on the Toronto Mike blog. It's going to be a little personal so you're going to hear about my new cardigan from Dublin if Rosie asks about it. And you might just hear about that very heavy and expensive Chaucer book I had to buy at U of T. That's just part of the deal.

But thanks for this honest feedback. It was starting to sound like a circlejerk in here. There was no way everybody loves the podcast.

October 4, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

@Peter

One more thing... I wrote the reply above thinking you had left this comment on the entry I just wrote about feedback. I just now realized we're still on the episode 4 entry.

October 4, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

Peter

Thanks Mike

I will be reading your blog daily, But I have no interest in the podcast thanks for being a stand up guy and replying!!

October 4, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

@Peter

It's a deal, if you promise to click three ads a day. :)

October 4, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Roshan

Enjoyed this one a lot Mike. And I got to hear the story behind your new girlfriend who is now your fiance. Congrats my friend. I wish you lots of happy years with her. Maybe we get to hear her in one of the podcasts someday?

October 7, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

@Roshan

She'll definitely be a guest one episode soon.

October 7, 2012 @ 12:21 PM