Biggs and Barr New Morning Team at 97.7 HTZ-FM

radioBecause you don't follow me on Twitter, you didn't get the heads up last night. What else of interest could have possibly been taking place last night?

Here's the tweet you missed.

biggs

That's right, Jason Barr, recently dismissed from the Dean Blundell Show on 102.1, has joined forces with Chris Biggs, recently dismissed from Virgin 999, to form the new morning show at 97.7 HTZ-FM.

They start January 17.

Matty

Congrats Jason!

Funny you must show on Twitter that you had inside knowledge by posting the news early. Next time respect their decision to release the information on their own.

January 6, 2011 @ 9:32 AM

elvis

I bet they hate others creating hype for their new show.

January 6, 2011 @ 10:01 AM

Sheryl

Or other people potentially breaking confidentiality agreements of releasing (potentially) sensitive information early, right Elvis?

January 6, 2011 @ 10:27 AM

Give me a break. I was comfortable with a friendly tweet the night before the announcement. I slept fine last night.

January 6, 2011 @ 10:40 AM

Romy

Perspective there people. It's a radio show in the GTA, not a knock list of Russian spies.

Well done with the scoop Mike and congrats Jason. Good luck bud.

January 6, 2011 @ 10:46 AM

Sheryl

I don't care either way (and Mike, if you had the go ahead that's cool). But it could have easily gone the other way, especially if the current 977 morning show wasn't moving to afternoon drive.

Simply, how would you feel if you found out you were out of a job via a tweet, instead of by your boss?

January 6, 2011 @ 10:49 AM

Jason Barr

Thanks Mike. Chris and I are pumped for the new gig. BTW, everyone, Mike didn't break any rules. It's all good.

Jason

January 6, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

Sheryl

Good to hear Jason! Congrats on the new and Chris blow it up at the 'White House of Rock'!

Watch out for the ghosts, though. :P

January 6, 2011 @ 11:01 AM

Melinda

This morning on the DBS, Dean was talking to Meatus about his lack of job offers and told him to lower his standards and look in Niagara. It was obviously a jab at Jason's new spot on the radio dial. I for one am so glad to be leaving the DBS behind! Good for Jason!

January 6, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

Rob

How are they fitting in? Where are all of the other DJs moving to?

January 6, 2011 @ 11:52 AM

Sheryl

@ Rob: the current morning show is moving to the afternoon, and I've heard Iron Mike is taking on PD duties as well.

January 6, 2011 @ 12:33 PM

Cambo

Anyone hear what's happening with Cahill?

January 6, 2011 @ 1:03 PM

elvis

I'm not allowed to comment on Cahill due to the confidentiality agreement Sheryl made me sign after my last post.

January 6, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Speaking of HTZ, what ever happened to Diane Daniels?
Glad to see Iron Mike go back to afternoons, I'll have something to listen to now.

January 6, 2011 @ 3:58 PM

Sammi

YAWN! Another typical templated morning show.

January 6, 2011 @ 8:54 PM

Rob

Jason asked about Diane Daniels. Does anyone know what ever became of John Gonzo Mark. Google search is coming up pretty empty.

January 6, 2011 @ 9:28 PM

Cambo

Diane is a friend of mine. She was unfortunately let go. Such is radio. She's doing OK.

Astral seems to shuffle people like cards.

January 7, 2011 @ 8:12 AM

Hector

Really now...who cares. Radio is so bad that it really doesn't matter who is hosting what anymore. It all stinks.

January 7, 2011 @ 11:37 AM

Ryan G

sadly, i agree with Hector.

that blundell is so goddamn smug, i cannot listen to that station for more than forty seconds.

at least, however, they're not complete cheeseballs like on chfi or chum fm.

there is absolutely nothing worse than fake radio laughing.

January 7, 2011 @ 11:53 AM

Sheryl

@Elvis: Seriously? *yawn* Hope you never find out you're out of a job via the media (instead of by your boss).

January 7, 2011 @ 4:27 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

Who in the blue hell cares? ;-)

January 8, 2011 @ 5:43 AM

Jason from Sudbury

I listen to Loveline on the Edge. Actually been listenning to the show for about 7 years, long before the Edge picked it up.

January 8, 2011 @ 8:52 AM

Astral's 97.7 HTZ-FM

Southern Ontario's Best Rock, 97.7 HTZ-FM is proud to announce the newest personalities to join the White House of Rock's on-air team, Biggs & Barr consisting of Chris Biggs and Jason Barr! 97.7 HTZ-FM is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2011 and welcomes The Biggs & Barr Show to the heritage of the station. HTZ-FM's programming will be evolving with changes to its line-up, beginning Monday January 17th, 2011.

Chris Biggs and Jason Barr have a new home weekday mornings from 6-10am on 97.7 HTZ-FM. Both major market veterans, Chris Biggs worked on-air at 999 Virgin Radio, 104.5 CHUM FM and Z103.5 in Toronto; Jason Barr spent almost 20 years at 102.1 The Edge in Toronto, with 12 years as part of the morning show. Both are pumped to be joining the HTZ-FM team and can't wait to start getting up in the morning to look at each other's mug, as The Biggs and Barr Show begins to rock the mornings later this month.

97.7 HTZ-FM is also happy to announce that the station's long time, infamous on-air personality, Iron Mike Bensson will be returning to his previous time slot, from 3 - 7pm weekday afternoons.

Excited about the new programming initiatives on 97.7 HTZ-FM, General Manager of the Astral Radio Niagara Cluster, Madelyn Hamilton said, "We are thrilled to have Biggs & Barr join the line-up of 97.7 HTZ-FM. For 25 years, we have worked to stand out from the pack, and we feel that Biggs & Barr are a great fit with HTZ-FM's heritage on-air personality."

As Iron Mike moves to the afternoon, 97.7 HTZ-FM's Brand Director Mike Tyler, will be stepping down with additional focus to programming. Mike Tyler said "as our music continues to evolve, it only seems natural for our station to make changes to keep us uniquely entertaining, with the HTZ-FM personality that our listeners love".

January 8, 2011 @ 10:21 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Iron Mike was never a morning guy, he is however a good afternoon guy Jason Barr will be a refreshing addition to Southern Ontario/Western New Yorks scene. Can't wait to hear it and will most likely tune in again to 97.7 for a bit to hear it and might actually get me listening regularly to it again, I used to be a big fan of the station back in early 90's

January 8, 2011 @ 1:50 PM

Cambo

A big test for Astral will be if they let Benson bring back the 4:20!!!!

Oh, and let Benson be Benson and not conform to corporate wussery.

January 8, 2011 @ 6:05 PM

Hank

This new morning show on htz is going to be worse than the last one. Don't get your hopes up.

January 17, 2011 @ 10:48 PM

Randy BoBandy

I for one will be glad to switch my allegiances to 97.7 now. Since Jason Barr left the Edge, I no longer listen to the Morning Show period. Not even the station anymore. And I won't have to hear the same 6 songs every morning now!

January 18, 2011 @ 4:26 PM

Vince

To CAMBO: Please tell your friend Dianne Daniels that I miss listening to her show. I was PISSED when they brought on that Tyler dude. I could sense what was coming down the pipe for her! I wish her well....

January 22, 2011 @ 12:51 PM

Sideshow Bob

It's nice to see Mike, back in the afternoons. I wish he would answer my email I sent him. I wonder if Corporate, in Canada censors emails? That might explain why he never returned mine. It's a shame to see Double D gone as well. She was a friend of mine, as well.

March 11, 2011 @ 1:58 AM

Sideshow Bob

well I noticed the change, in the morning show. It's no wonder, I don't listen to it. They may be a good team, but I couldn't stand listening to Jason Barr on that other station previously. His old station hasn't been the same since (RIP) Martin Streek passed.

March 11, 2011 @ 2:03 AM

bye bye 97.7

#1 preset *WAS* 97.7...until I heard the new morning show - I can't stand the infantile 102 mentality that this show instantly became. Your show needs to grow up! I'd listen to Q if their music wasnt to weak, so I guess Y108 gets my #1 preset spot. Sorry

April 18, 2011 @ 2:07 PM

Anonymous

To the previous comment...

Really? Ben and Kerri?

That show is perfect for middle-aged moms that still think gossiping about celebs in Cosmo is "mature".

I'm loving the Biggs and Barr show. The structure is great... And it's exactly the type of humor I need to get going in the morning.

July 1, 2011 @ 2:46 PM

This is right

How do you spell I'matleast stackinmytacos real name?

February 3, 2017 @ 12:26 AM

Mr. Alex

Not quite sure how I landed on this page (choose your own google adventure stories I guess), but I just read through the entire page of comments. Really funny how there was so much hate on this thread, yet the show has won morning show of the year two years straight now. Where are the Niagara jabs now, Dean Blundell?

June 20, 2017 @ 7:23 AM

jasmine

i am doing a school project and i need the managers name for 97.7htz fm pronto thank you

April 20, 2018 @ 3:21 PM