My G20 and G8 Survival Guide

cn towerHey Toronto, have you heard the G8 and G20 Summits are being held June 24-27 at Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville and the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, respectively? Major highways such as the 427, 401, QEW, Gardiner Expressway and the Don Valley Parkway will experience frequent closures.

I live west of downtown, where the majority of headaches will be found, so my survival plan for June 24-27 is pretty simple.

June 24 - I'm going to go to work and play my regularly scheduled softball game in Etobicoke

June 25 - I'm going to go to work and play my regularly scheduled slo-pitch games in Mississauga

June 26 - I'm going to enjoy my birthday lunch

June 27 - I'm going to High Park to watch the Jays vs. Royals in tee ball action

I'm think I'm going to survive this G20 and G8 Summit.

Rob

Enjoy the weekend,
Try not to think on how much of your tax money is going into fund the protest groups.
ie. the CAW and the OSSTF.

June 19, 2010 @ 12:49 PM

MIssissaugaBlogger.com

I will be inside the G20 fence at work everyday.

June 19, 2010 @ 3:16 PM

Toronto Elli

Oh, next week is going to be terrible. I cannot even imagine how we will get anywhere in the city or how will the people outside Toronto get here (many trains are cancelled). Yes, the summit is very prestigious but it is kind of restricting for us, which really sucks.

June 19, 2010 @ 9:29 PM

Toronto Elli

June 19, 2010 @ 9:31 PM

Mike from Lowville

@ Rob what planet are you on? Since when have our tax dollars been used to fund protest groups? Some people should really open their eyes, have a coffee and think before sitting down in front of a computer!

June 20, 2010 @ 10:58 AM

Cheryl

I'm not going anywhere. I work at home so I'm not going anywhere, thank God. Things will be a total mess.

June 20, 2010 @ 11:21 AM