Back to Firefox

firefoxLast month I openly declared I had switched default browsers from Firefox to Chrome. The new Chrome extensions were pretty sweet, and Chrome seemed to be faster. That was then....

...this is now. I'm back with Firefox. Google Chrome seemed hesitant after a short while, unresponsive. There was even buggy issues with Gmail where I'd click "Attach a file" or "Plain Text" and the option would disappear altogether. You'd think the Google browser would work best with Google email, but Gmail was far snappier in Firefox.

Since then I've returned to Firefox, my default browser for six years, and everything is awesome. It's a portable version of Firefox, by the way, with my favourite add-ons and everything customized to my liking. Just like the prodigal son I've returned.

firefox32

Buffalo Sketchball

Glad to see it wasn't just me that had those issues! I liked a couple of the add ons more, but FF is so much more stable it seems.

March 8, 2010 @ 5:48 PM

Kirsten

There's something going on with Firefox though, for the last few weeks it has been extremely laggy for me, ever since their last update.

March 8, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

MrFascination

I found the exact same thing. Chrome was great then slowed down - even crashing (Explorer style).. Fire Fox All The Way!

March 9, 2010 @ 6:20 PM

metricjulie

Chrome ruined my life for a few hours one day when I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was ailing my computer.

Also back with FF.

March 10, 2010 @ 8:24 PM

Tevye

Not me, I'm still using Chrome as my home browser after reading what I saw on your blog a few weeks ago. So far, no crashes, and things are running much smoother. I like firefox too (obviously better than internet explorer) and I still use it at school. But it still moves too slow cause of the add-ons (albeit handy)

March 11, 2010 @ 5:06 AM

Anonymous

Chrome and Firefox both have issues with their Add-ons and Extensions. As soon as you start loading them it, it will begin to crash/lag.

March 13, 2010 @ 2:00 PM