Pictures From Humble and Fred's 20th Anniversary Podcast of Memories

micI spent the afternoon at the Dominion on Queen enjoying the live recording of the Humble and Fred 20th Anniversary Podcast of Memories. I'll have complete audio and hopefully some video to share early next week.

It was a great crowd full of family, friends, fans and many who worked on the Humble and Fred morning show. The guys covered the entire history of the show, sharing great stories and many laughs. Special guests included Nick Kypreos, Tyler Stewart from the Barenaked Ladies, Psychic Nikki, Lou Schizas and Humble and Fred producers Dan Duran, Bingo Bob, Scary Pete, Chicken Shwarma and Andy Wilson.

It was great fun and a fantastic way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Here are some shots I took. The rest are in this photoset. Stay tuned in the coming days for more audio, video and photographic evidence of the hilarity that ensued on Queen Street East this afternoon.

The Marquee Copy of P5028811 H+F Podcast of Memories Copy of P5028816 H+F Podcast of Memories Nick Kypreos H+F Podcast of Memories H+F Podcast of Memories H+F Podcast of Memories H+F Podcast of Memories H+F Podcast of Memories H+F Podcast of Memories Colleen Rusholme and Bingo Bob Copy of P5028808

Jill

Looks like a fun afternoon and that you had a great turnout. Looking forward to hearing some of the audio clips.

May 2, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Horonymous

Thanks to Fred, Howard, Dan, Mike and the rest of the gang for providing an awesome afternoon of entertainment. Sorry I had to leave at 4:00 p.m.

May 2, 2009 @ 9:59 PM

Toronto Mike

In addition to Horonymous, I met Pam, Trish, Stephanie and Buffalo Boy from the web world.

Did I miss any blog commenters who were there?

May 2, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

Megan

Can't wait to hear it!

May 2, 2009 @ 10:28 PM

Anonymous

Mikey, what about us....Humble's wife and kids. What a great get together of all the gang...and you!!! Truthfully for us it was a great afternoon. Humble's new friends, Mark, Geoff, Dave, Kelly, Keiran, Ric, Colleen and the old gang....(and their girls) were all there...it was a real warm, fun, friendly podcast of memories......

May 3, 2009 @ 12:09 AM

Randee

oh and Chef Chris, i forgot about Chef Chris!

May 3, 2009 @ 12:10 AM

Ajax Mike

Would've loved to have been there Mike. Curse my weekend shift.

May 3, 2009 @ 1:52 AM

Dave

Thanks for posting the pics, Mike. It was a fun afternoon. I was sorry I couldn't stay to the end.

May 3, 2009 @ 8:08 AM

Toronto Mike

Randee, I didn't forget you guys... you're under the "family" category.

I was amazed how many faces I recognized. I know you, Charlie and Spencer... I was at a Leafs game last year with Mark and Geoff... I know the Acme folks quite well, especially Ric. I know Lou from Howard's party.

Then there's Fred's wife I know from my visit to his Brampton estate, and his mom and daughter I felt I knew from his blog. Then there's all the guys I met at the first podcast, the Christmas podcast of 2006.

Folks, while we wait for the new podcast to be tossed from Dan to me, check out the old ones. They'll make you hate the current state of Toronto radio even more!

May 3, 2009 @ 8:32 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Great time glad I made the trip it was great to meet everyone finally face to face will have to come up again soon! Can't wait to hear it and see some of the video. I actually have a funny story Ill post later, it could only happen to me.

May 3, 2009 @ 10:12 AM

Toronto Mike

BBM, share that story!

I thought the "too good to be true" story of the day was regarding Tyler Stewart's presence.

The guys tried to get a member of BNL to appear but didn't luck out.

Meanwhile, at the same time at the same bar, another podcast was being recorded. Coincidentally, Tyler Stewart was appearing on this other podcast. So, as luck would have it, Tyler Stewart from the Barenaked Ladies was at Dominion on Queen and was able to sit with Humble and Fred after he yakked about BBQing in the other room.

Firstly, what were the odds there would be two podcasts being recorded at the same time in the same bar. And secondly, what were the odds a member of BNL would be participating in that other podcast?

Far too surreal to be true, but it did in fact happen.

May 3, 2009 @ 10:19 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Yeah that was a story in and of itself, that is worthy of a post. Tyler is the best! "Like a Light Bulb!"

May 3, 2009 @ 10:57 AM

Trish

Hi again, Mike. It was great to meet you! I have to admit I felt a little loss for words by the sight of all of you famous guys, For as long as we stayed, we had a great time!

May 3, 2009 @ 11:35 AM

Pam

Toronto Mike: it was so awesome to meet you at the podcast. I don't think I've ever posted here and for that, I apologize. We had to leave at 2:15 on Saturday, and I must say, I regret leaving. The rest of the day was a disaster and I wish Trish and I had stayed.

May 3, 2009 @ 7:58 PM