Edgefest 2009 Lineup Unveiled

Edgefest 2009Last summer, I attended Edgefest for the first time in five years. Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Sam Roberts and others offered the motivation. As you'll read in my recap, I had a blast at Downsview Park that July afternoon.

This morning, the gang at Edge 102 unveiled the lineup for this year's Edgefest. Here are the bands performing at Downsview Park on June 20, 2009.

• Billy Talent
  • Flash Lightnin'
  • La Casa Muerte
  • The Midway State
  • Moneen
  • Still Life Still
  • The Waking Eyes

It's not bad... I'd attend for the right price.

Fredericton Steve

That price had better be free.

February 23, 2009 @ 8:48 PM

Toronto Mike

It's like you read my mind...

February 23, 2009 @ 8:51 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

I'm in such a great mood right now I'm not even going to touch this one!

Plus the first two comments already cover it!

So... when's Metric coming on their own? ;-)

February 23, 2009 @ 9:05 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

Billy Talent does not impress me. Metric I like, Alexisonfire is good too. No one else on that list has my heart fluttering to get to that show.
What about pulling out veteran act like 5440 for the show....Or better yet catching Simple Minds on their way through to headline it.

February 23, 2009 @ 9:57 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

February 23, 2009 @ 10:04 PM

Mississauga Mike

$40 by this Friday which I might do but I'm undecided. I'd like to see Billy Talent play their new stuff, Metric would be good but... that's about it.

February 24, 2009 @ 12:31 AM

CQ

I thought Edge's renewed current musical focus was on the Nineteen Nineties alt bands.

February 24, 2009 @ 1:00 PM

Jeff TO

are you kidding me? this is such a step backwards from last year! how many times are they gonna use bands like billy talent and alexis on fire. very weak and will def avoid this year.

February 24, 2009 @ 3:17 PM

Pete

What a BORING list.

February 24, 2009 @ 4:44 PM

jason | getyourOJ.com

bottom line, whoever booked this thing isn't done.

this line up desperately needs a BIG headliner and at least three names that our WAY bigger than the ones on this list.

isn't that what the edgefests usually are?

where's the big draw?

i might have dissed the STP reunion last year, but I understood that it was at least a big draw.

there's more than enough acts touring and it would be wise to add several more artists to this bill

you can see in this thread there is a lack of motivation to go this year so dear edge if you want a good turn out get some better bands to come play

February 24, 2009 @ 6:37 PM

Kodge

I don't get it... How could the edge do this? For the past few weeks they were kinda hinting towards rage against the machine... but it appears as though I was totally off :(

Seems as though edge fest gets worse and worse each year... I'll just continue going to Lollapolooza in Chicago... WAY better.

February 24, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Toronto Mike

If they add RATM, I'm there.

February 25, 2009 @ 9:11 AM

Anonymous

What a joke!

February 25, 2009 @ 5:20 PM

jason | getyourOJ.com

Just like The Edge gets worse and worse every year!

February 26, 2009 @ 8:38 PM

mandy

i wish i'd be there. i want to see metric.
:'(

April 28, 2009 @ 7:03 PM

Neil

The Waking Eyes, The Arkells they are both amazing live bands and they will both be there.. just them alone is worth going.. Metric is also great, all the other bands are not that great USS is supposed to be there too

April 29, 2009 @ 12:17 PM

Anonymous

this is a crappy line up alexisonfire is good billy no talent should not be there and is metric that band that got popular covering a madonna song why not have thornley and rise against,biffy clyro to name a few

May 14, 2009 @ 1:33 PM

cory

does ne1 know how long edge fest is and will billy talent be playing last???

May 14, 2009 @ 8:25 PM

katelyn

metric i love, alexisonfire i love, billy talent is okay, and thats it....they should really sign on some better bands -_-' and i really wanted to go this year!

May 23, 2009 @ 10:58 AM

A dog

why isn't Rita Macneil there, or Celine Dion there then I would be there fa sho

May 27, 2009 @ 8:01 PM

Mark

i'd just like to comment

alexisonfire isn't shit and the rest of the bans are okay

but srsly to the person who said alexisonfire is shit is into crap music k thanks pce.

May 30, 2009 @ 11:52 PM

chris

these bands are all fucking shit whoever goes is a fucking faggot

June 5, 2009 @ 6:56 PM

Anonymous

hahaha the tickets are like $50 on kijiji thats an awesome price to see for those bands.............oh and chris....pull your head out of your ass and stop suckin dick there awesome bands

June 9, 2009 @ 3:59 PM

Toronto Mike

The set times of both Edgefest '09 stages have just been announced.

11:00am - Doors Main Stage

3:30pm - La Casa Muerte
4:10pm - Flash Lightnin'
4:45pm - The Midway State
5:20pm - Cancer Bats
5:55pm - The Waking Eyes
6:40pm - Moneen

(Lineup and set times are subject to change)

June 14, 2009 @ 5:40 PM

miles

ok, the band list is pretty decent

set times could use a swift kick in the ass, you can only watch cancer bats for 20 mins if you wanna see alexisonfire. and alexisonfire for 25 if you wanna see the waking eyes, and what the hell are we gonna do while afi is on? who the hell even likes afi?

June 15, 2009 @ 11:58 AM