Harper / Hitler Downfall (Der Untergang) Remix

ottawaSince we've been prorogued, somebody remixed a scene from the movie "Downfall" with Adolf Hitler as the voice of Stephen Harper.

Remixing this scene from "Downfall" has been all the rage in 2008 so it's nice to see the Prime Minister doesn't escape unscathed.

Freddie P.

The amazing this is, this would have worked much better with Jack Layton.
After all, he's the guy who organize the over-throw and was willing to grab power without getting a mandate from the people.

December 5, 2008 @ 12:17 PM

Toronto Mike

Nah, this thing plays much better with Harper as Hitler.

December 5, 2008 @ 12:34 PM

Mike from Lowville

But Fred, Hitler's rise to power included killing off rivals.....Did'nt Steve try to do that by taking away party funding? I agree Mike, much better using Harper.

December 5, 2008 @ 5:26 PM

Toronto Mike

I just commented on that entry over there. Here's what I wrote....

May I just be the first to call bullshit on this story.

For goodness sake, Compas couldn't even spell lightning right in their so-called news release.

"Sweep Seat-Rich Ontario" - please. If you believe Harper's party would sweep the many Toronto seats if an election were held today, or even win one, I've got some swamp land in FLA to sell ya.

Any indication of the sample size? I didn't think so...

December 5, 2008 @ 7:17 PM

Tee

Harper never said he would take away their funding, just the taxpayer subsidies, which he would have taken from his party too. In an economic crisis, there might be more important things to spend the money on.

December 5, 2008 @ 9:45 PM

Rob

So Harper is Hitler.

In histroical context, That makes this coalition the Allies.
My question is, which one of the three is Roosevelt, Churchhill and Stalin?

December 6, 2008 @ 8:05 AM

Tee

Layton is Stalin (look at the moustache). Dion is Roosevelt (he'll be dead, politically, before this is over). Which leaves Duceppe as Churchhill (the brains behind the whole operation).

December 6, 2008 @ 11:51 AM

Fed-Up Fred

I like SOME of what Harper wants to do, but not all. I like a little of what Dion wanted to do and I find Layton's ideas just about off the map. I don't think we should worry about Duceppe, because all he wants is to split-up Canada.
My prediction, Harper will table a budget or any other bill in late-January/early-February; the "coalition" will defeat it and we'll be back to the polls in late March/early April.
Harper will win another minority only this time he'll be closer to a majority than ever. He'll wind up convincing some members of 1 or more of the opposition parties to support him.

December 10, 2008 @ 5:45 PM