Sunday Morning Showdown

musicOk, kids. It's a "Sunday Morning" showdown. Everyone gets one vote in the comments, make your voice heard.

Which is the best "Sunday Morning?"

No Doubt - Sunday Morning

The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning

K-OS - Sunday Morning

Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning

Earth, Wind & Fire - Sunday Morning

Julian Lennon - Sunday Morning

Scott

Velvet Underground by a country mile.

April 13, 2008 @ 6:42 PM

Toronto Mike

I actually really like three of those tracks, but I think my personal fave is the No Doubt track. That whole album was pretty awsome, and that tune bring back a ton of great memories.

Having said that, my daughter worships that K-OS tune and I love the Velvet Underground as well.

April 13, 2008 @ 6:57 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

I have to agree with Scott, the Velvets win hands down. Sundays are about relaxing and that song is so laid back and just out there, perfect for waking up to on a Sunday

April 13, 2008 @ 7:23 PM

Sly

No Doubt? Puh-leeeze... Scott and Mike (Buffalo Boy) are corectorino. The Velvets win again.

April 13, 2008 @ 8:06 PM

Jill

Wow this is tough.....First choice is definately Velvet Underground with its lovely mellow sound and then I gotta go with your daughters choice by K-OS. It is so upbeat and fun. I have to give a nod to Maroon 5 as well. A little cheesy at times but I can't help but like their sound.

April 13, 2008 @ 10:54 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Here is a question, if not for CFNY would anyone outside of Toronto even have heard the VU version?
I feel like CFNY might be the only station in North America you would even have a chance of hearing that and that is only when Alan Cross is doing a show. Music here in the States is so,,,,Safe.

April 13, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

Megan

No Doubt! It's got a good beat, I like it. I give it a 9 outta 10. :)

April 13, 2008 @ 11:59 PM

Andrew

No Doubt.

Velvet Underground is okay but have always been one of those bands I feel I have to like but I can't really get into.

April 14, 2008 @ 12:04 AM

Alison

No Doubt, it's No Doubt!

A

April 14, 2008 @ 8:02 AM

Anonymous

Buffalo Boy, Cross only plays that during the History of New Music... he'll play Heroin all the time as well. Heroin is my favourite Velvet Underground tune, and Andrew is right, it's a band you feel you have to like.

Jill, that took a lot of courage. I was wondering if anyone would have the courage to go with Maroon 5.

April 14, 2008 @ 9:06 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Buffalo Boy if you really believe that,

"I feel like CFNY might be the only station in North America you would even have a chance of hearing that and that is only when Alan Cross is doing a show"

...then you really need to check out more stations in North America (and elsewhere) A dose of KCRW perhaps?

Oh and please... don't call it CFNY... it makes me cringe.

The Edge is as "safe" as they come. No testicles there my friend.

I vote for The Velvet Underground, like DUH.

April 14, 2008 @ 11:20 AM

Ajax Mike

Jason, no need to be condesending about it. I'm sure there are plenty of us around here who's only exposure to Alternative Rock is from The Edge (CNFY, whatever).

Thanks for the tip about KCRW regardless. I'll try and give them a listen at some point.

April 14, 2008 @ 12:22 PM

Toronto Mike

I'm telling you, Jason is the kind of guy who wears those "Your favourite band sucks" shirts.

April 14, 2008 @ 1:50 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Mike, I'm the kind of guy that wants people to hear more music. More music than the 40 songs most local radio stations play over and over. Pure and simple. Music is a beautiful thing. I'd like to think I help it reach just a few more ears. Most of the stuff I post gets a good response, and I enjoy it when someone tells my I turned them on to a new song. Yeah, I guess I come off as a music snob once in awhile.. or that I am pro-British bands but it's not true. Pure and simple. It's about the music getting heard. Nothing else. No hidden agendas, man. Not like I see any money from it.

April 14, 2008 @ 5:59 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Jason come down here and listen to 103.3 for 5 minutes and I guarantee you will see why I like 102.1 and why I say that. 103 plays nothing older than yesterday and when they do its crappy grunge

April 14, 2008 @ 7:34 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

I can imagine what 103 plays. I think I have tuned in. Via the net. So I understand that compared to 103, 102 must not suck.

I just implore you.. if you have the means, see what else is out there.

Now if you'll exuse me "I'll be back in 2 mins".

April 15, 2008 @ 9:50 AM