Ranking the Nestle Treats

foodTaryn came home with a large box of assorted Nestle chocolates last week. They were for shelling out on Halloween, but I couldn't leave the kitchen without devouring one or two or five. As a result, I truly got to know the Nestle family of treats, which includes Coffee Crisp, Aero, KitKat and Smarties.

They're all good, but if I had to rank them, I'd put them in this order:

1. Coffee Crisp
  2. Aero
  3. KitKat
  4. Smarties

How do you rank these four?

PB016358

Anonymous

close to you

1. coffee crisp
2. kit kat
3. aero
4. smarties

November 1, 2007 @ 2:05 PM

Annemarie

1. KitKat
2. Smarties
3. Aero
4. Coffee Crisp (ew, I hate anything coffee!)

November 1, 2007 @ 2:12 PM

Doug

1. Kit Kat
2. Coffee Crisp
3. Aero
4. Smarties

November 1, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

Ajax Mike

I'm same as you Booner. I'm not a fan of coffee, but I love Coffee Crisp. It makes a nice light snack.

November 1, 2007 @ 3:18 PM

Christine

When you eat a smartie do you eat the red ones last?

November 1, 2007 @ 3:42 PM

james edgar

1. Kit Kat
2. Kit Kat
3. Kit Kat
4. Kit Kat
everything else.

I REALLY like Kit kat.And I'm diabetic and can't have them:(

November 1, 2007 @ 3:45 PM

Toronto Mike

Kit Kat is all about the "Gimme a break" (or at least it was), but what's the Aero slogan?

November 1, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

Ajax Mike

Aero's is fairly new. Something about 'Can/Did you feel the bubbles melt'

November 1, 2007 @ 4:13 PM

Toronto Mike

I just dove into Wikipedia and learnt some wonderful things.

- Coffee Crisp is a Canadian-only bar
- Americans can't buy it or Smarties or Aero
- Americans have Kit Kat, but it's not from Nestle down there... it's from Hersheys

I can't believe Coffee Crisp is all ours... I should sell my stash on eBay.

November 1, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

Ajax Mike

Wunderbar is another Canadian exclusive. I have a friend or two in the States who love the things.

November 1, 2007 @ 5:09 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Our Student in the PT clinic is from Canada and she brought us Coffee Crisps and Ketchup Potato Chips.

November 1, 2007 @ 7:45 PM

Stephanie

Aero is not a new bar Ajax Mike. The current slogan is new. I had Aero bars when I was a kid.

I would rank...
Smarties
KitKat
Aero
Coffee Crisp (you like your coffee crisp?? remember the old ladies in the coffee shop?)

November 2, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

Toronto Mike

Stephanie, what is it about Coffee Crisp that's got it ranked so low on your list?

Who doesn't like their coffee crisp?

November 2, 2007 @ 10:51 AM

Al

1. Kit Kat
2. Coffee Crisp
3. Aero
400. Smarties

I'm not a smartie fan. CC used to be my fav, but I think I ate too many of them as a kid and so Kit Kat has taken the top spot. Aero's campaign used to be about nothing, just like Seinfeld. Someone would ask, "What are you eating?" and the other would respond, "Nothing."

November 2, 2007 @ 3:37 PM

Stephanie

Mike (TO), the Coffee Crisp still gets a solid 7 out of 10, but I had to rank it last only because of the four it's the lowest. It sticks to your teeth when you bite into it and I just think it's too tall. I prefer thinner chocolate bars. But it's a good think Mars bars weren't on the list of four... that one just might have been number 1.

Mmmm... Mars...

November 2, 2007 @ 8:42 PM

Stephanie

Or Skittles. They would be number one by a landslide.

November 2, 2007 @ 8:43 PM

Toronto Mike

I never liked Skittles. Chocolate is good, salty snacks are good and gum is good, but the skittles-type candy has never done anything for me.

November 2, 2007 @ 9:16 PM

Stephanie

I'm salty snack over anything else at any time. I have candy in this house all year (although I am the only one that knows about it) but I never eat it. Chips however?? Salt and Vinegar and Zesty Cheese Doritos? I'm doomed. I can even sense they're in the house. It's quite pathetic, actually.

November 3, 2007 @ 9:48 AM

The_Voice

You're crazy:

1) Kit Kat
2) Coffee Crisp
3) SMarties
4) Aero

Whenever I get that box, the Aero's and smarties are always left in the end.

November 3, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

Stephanie (2)

Coffee Crisp
KitKat
Aero
Smarties (they don't taste like they used to...)
Canadians have way better candy bars than what is in the States. I am a Canadian living in the States and I avoid US candy, except for Peppermint Patties. I usually get some from Canada when on a trip, or buy European chocolates. Hershey's bars taste very weak to me.

March 10, 2013 @ 7:31 PM

Anonymous

areo
kit kat
smarties
coffe crisp

November 1, 2015 @ 4:47 PM

re Nestle

Elora's Water
Elora's Water
Elora's Water

November 1, 2015 @ 6:31 PM

Lynne

Because of my age perhaps, I am aware of many reasons to boycott Nestle, one of the world's worst corporate citizens.

They are responsible for killing an estimated 1.5 million third world babies through their promotion of powdered milk products to new mothers who lived in areas where clean water just did not exist. The babies died of dehydration caused by diarrhea. After the free samples were used up, the parents could not afford to buy the product. Of course, by then, the breast milk has already dried up. Babies who survived the diarrhea starved to death.

Further reading:

November 3, 2015 @ 7:40 AM

Anonymous

Dr. Mengele would be proud.

November 3, 2015 @ 1:31 PM