Songs For A Funeral
They did a survey in Britain to learn what the most requested funeral songs are these days. 51 percent of people ask for a specific song be played at their funeral and 79 percent have talked with family and friends about possible song choices. Here are the top choices in jolly ol' England.
- "Goodbye My Lover" - James Blunt
- "Angels" - Robbie Williams
- "I've Had The Time Of My Life" - Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler
- "Pie Jesu" - Requiem
- "Candle In The Wind" - Elton John
- "With Or Without You" - U2
- "Tears In Heaven" - Eric Clapton
- "Every Breath You Take - The Police
- "Unchained Melody" - Righteous Brothers
This, of course, has me wondering what song(s) I want played at my funeral. I recently came up with a great playlist for a wedding. It's time for my funeral playlist, which I promise will be much, much shorter.
Here's hoping my choices aren't contemporary when I bite the dust.
Only 1 comment? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!