Guest Blog Entry

Ink StainAnyone is welcome to submit a Guest Blog Entry to torontomike.com. I received the following entry earlier today.

Senator Jerry Grafstein, MP Dennis Mills & conultant Warren Kinsella plan another "Sarstock 2006" to let tourists know that T.O. is still vibrant & a place to visit regardless of the 17 "terrorists" charged last week.

June 25th is the day during the Toronto Blue Jays game with MANY Cdn. celebrities already willing to participate (including Mike Weir). Plans are in the early stages.

They have 18 days to plan the event & should be no problem as oringinal Sarstock 2003 was done in 14 days. Hopefully this comes to fruition. "I'm not afraid" is the name & reason.

dale

Here's Kinsella's I Am Not Afraid page. We'll see which celebrities participate. I smell another Blues Brothers performance... yawn. I'm not sure what Weir can do that would actually be entertaining. Is he going to play nine holes during the seventh inning stretch?

chris

Yawn! At least they want to do something about the situation in Toronto (the murder capital of Canada). I moved away years ago because of this shit & knew it was going to get worse - which it has, tenfold.
At least people want to do something about it. Yawn, MY ASS.
chris

June 16, 2006 @ 5:01 PM

Mike Boon

The event is to let tourists know Toronto is safe, right?

I know Toronto is safe and I have a way of putting my money where my mouth is. I'll raise my kids in the 416 and stay here, as oppossed to moving away.

Is that more substantial than an appearance by Mike Weir?

June 16, 2006 @ 6:08 PM

chris

Is Toronto really that safe? I would have loved to have been raised in T.O. like my parents but during my high school years there was too much violence. Things changed is the late 1990's & it was time to move on.
Housing prices soared & we sold our house to get a house twice the size outside the city. I love it as it was in Toronto when I grew up in the early 80's. No lookin over your shoulder every minute.
I still have my heart in Toronto as my parents do & really care what will happen in the future. Open Your Eyes - time to move on especially with your young ones. I was 1 of 3 Anglo Saxons in my grade 6 class & NO Holidays were celebrated -Xmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Canada Day (usually during the last week of school) as most of the kids didn't beleive in these holidays. % kids stood up for the national anthem every morning & the rest waited in the hall until it was over. Another statement to be discussed later.
chris

June 16, 2006 @ 7:58 PM

Mike Boon

I have no interest in living in any other city. And yes, it's really that safe here.

You might get more house for your dollar elsewhere, but I'm more concerned with what surrounds the house.

June 16, 2006 @ 9:15 PM

chris

What surrounds your house is VIOLENCE. Time to move.
chris

June 16, 2006 @ 10:03 PM

Mike Boon

Nah. We're happier than a pig in shit livin' in the big smoke.

It sounds like we're both happy with our respective decisions.

June 17, 2006 @ 7:23 AM