The Definitive Christmas Mix: An Initial Draft
I've pledged to put together the definitive Christmas mix. I enjoy Christmas as much as the next guy, but I find the overwhelming majority of Christmas/Holiday songs you hear on the radio, at parties and around town suck. I'm working on an 80 minute mix of the least-sucky Christmas tunes.
For the past week, I've been making a list and checking it twice, and I think I've come up with 80 minutes of Christmas music that is at least half decent. I'll release the absolute final list next week, but right now the following 23 songs total 78:20.
- David Bowie & Bing Crosby - Peace On Earth & Little Drummer Boy
- John & Yoko And Plastic Ono Band And The Harlem Community Choir - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
- Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas
- Bing Crosby - White Christmas
- Dean Martin - Baby, It's Cold Outside
- Coldplay - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- Ertha Kitt - Santa Baby
- Louis Armstrong & His All Stars - Christmas Night in Harlem
- Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
- Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
- John McDermott - O Holy Night
- Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
- The Pretenders - 2000 Miles
- Sarah McLachlan - Song For A Winter's Night
- Vince Guaraldi - O Tannenbaum
- Welcome Christmas - How The Grinch Stole Christmas Soundtrack
- Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra & Metallica - Carol of the Bells
- U2 - It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
- Bruce Cockburn - Mary Had A Baby
- Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
- Alvin and the Chipmunks - Christmas Don't Be Late
- Boris Karloff - You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch
Please let me know if I missed something or if I've included something you think should be trashed. Although this is a rather subjective project, I do appreciate feedback and it's quite possible I overlooked a gem or two.
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!