That's My Bush!

USASeven summers ago, in the pre-9/11 era when it was still okay to broadcast a show that made fun of the President of the United States, I caught a comedy on television called "That's My Bush!". I was actually at a little cottage we rented and I remember settling down after a long day and watching this Trey Parker and Matt Stone creation.

The show didn't last very long, but the spirit of "That's My Bush!" is now in its eighth season and it continues to make me laugh. The worst President ever has added a gem to a repertoire that includes "Want to buy some wood?" and "Mandela is dead".

Dubya thinks polluting the planet is hilarious. The following took place earlier today at the G8 Summit in Toyako, Japan.

The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

That's my Bush!

felix

One of these days, Laura, I'm gonna punch you in the faaace!

July 11, 2008 @ 11:44 AM

felix

That was an awesome show, hilarity at its finest!

But you're right, after 9/11 it just kinda disappeared, too bad, too.

July 11, 2008 @ 11:46 AM

Argie

Mike: Obviously you and the other lame lefties missed his joke. The UN crowd (Al Gore and Davie Suzuki included) believe US is the world’s biggest polluter when in fact China and India are a much greater destroyer of the planet and more importantly human rights.

He’s poking fun at the knobs who believe that myth. Good on Dubya!

Stick to writing about Edge fest…. Then again aren’t you a little old to be rolling around in the mud with university kids???

July 11, 2008 @ 2:44 PM

Toronto Mike

C'mon Argie, it took you 17 hours to defend Dubya. You're slipping.

I'll never forget my favourite Argie quote about George W. Bush.

"When you look at the past 7 years, he's actually done a good job."

That one belongs in the comments hall of fame.

July 11, 2008 @ 3:17 PM

Argie

Mike: Of course you’re going to strongly disagree with that statement – you’re a Toronto lefty.

You and your buds criticize anything Bush or any US president does (including the Democrat presidents). All the while you ignore the crummy job your mayor (thank God he’s not my mayor) and our premier are doing. You and I pay way too much in taxes and you especially pay through the nose when it comes to property taxes. For what??? Dirty streets, limited public swimming pools, garbage delivery once every 2 weeks, a misguided recycling program that requires you paying for a damn garbage bin!

Instead at being angry at dubya you should be pissed at Miller and McGuinty.

Ya see, Mike, I'm looking out for you!

July 11, 2008 @ 3:27 PM

Toronto Mike

Last time around my Miller endorsement was pretty weak and purely by default.

July 11, 2008 @ 3:42 PM

Argie

Mike: Oh my God! You voted for this clown….TWICE??? Nuff said.

July 11, 2008 @ 3:48 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Actually, Argie, The US, uses 25% of the worlds oil despite only having less than 5% the population. Now, China and India have just recently surpassed the US as bigger polluters but that was bound to happen considering China and India have significantly larger populations.
The US is a greedy, energy sucking nation that prides itself on that fact, I live here and Im saying that.
Bush truly is the worst president in the history of this country. He has had two terms to prove it, how he won the second Ill never know and the first, he never really won, its because of this stupid electoral college in which our votes count, but indirectly.

July 11, 2008 @ 4:39 PM

Ajax Mike

No wonder Argie's pissed all the time. He gets garbage delivery while the rest of us get it taken away. I'd be pissed too. :)

July 11, 2008 @ 5:07 PM

Brian Laesch

Wow. I couldn't believe this was true at first. I had to Google it. Unbelievable...yet I don't blame him at all.

Also, That's My Bush is classic. I just watched the whole series about 2 weeks ago.

July 11, 2008 @ 6:19 PM

James

..thats what happens when you let a clone of clone of clone suck in laughing gas and snort coke. (shakes head)

July 11, 2008 @ 10:16 PM

A.R.

For the circumstances, Miller is doing pretty well. There's no way to cut taxes if you need to fund transit and low income housing on top of policing and infrastructure. You could cut the perks, but it wouldn't be close to substantial in savings. Those perks were supposed to cut the risk of bribery and corruption.

It's the same old story time and time again from people who don't have a clue about what it takes to finance and run an urban municipality.

July 12, 2008 @ 4:30 PM