My Last Rob Ford Quote

cityhallRob Ford is simply too easy a target, and posting his dumb-ass quotes just isn't as much fun as it should be.

If you Google rob ford quotes, this entry I posted about two years ago is #2. Then, a year ago this week, I posted his fantastic quote about bike lanes. That sucker is the gold standard.

This will be the last Rob Ford quote I post. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Go to the Orient, go to Hong Kong. You want to see workaholics? Those Oriental people work like dogs... they sleep beside their machines. The Oriental people, they're slowly taking over... they're hard, hard workers.

It's not as good as the bike lane quote, but it ain't bad.

Argie

Oakley played Ford’s comments about a dozen times yesterday. I laughed out load each and every time. He’s a classic.

March 7, 2008 @ 9:38 AM

Freddie P.

The only dumb ass is Mayor Miller.

Ford should be applauded for intent (he was actually complimenting Asian people, including the many in his ward who have come to his defense claiming they don't mind being called Orientals, or the work ethic analogy.)

Miller should be ashamed of himself for making an issue of this while the city crumbles around him. Why pick on Ford when the city is has been rammed in reverse by a socialist jerk off?

This is a perfect example of why Toronto doesn't work.

One guy tries to get things done while pushing against an army of lefties who think they can speak for every ethnic group in the city.

Rob Ford quotes are the last thing Toronto citizens should be worried about.

March 7, 2008 @ 2:39 PM

Freddie P.

Maybe the wizard Mayor should worry about stuff like this.

March 7, 2008 @ 3:13 PM

Tee

I don't understand what is wrong with this.
Orient is a poetic Latin word that means where the sun rises. Until today I didn't know that it was racist. I still don't know how it is racist.
Just another word the Thought Police want to take out of the dictionary I guess.

March 7, 2008 @ 6:47 PM

A.R.

I'm very surprised that people would tolerate such racism. It assumes that all Asians are extremely hard working. Large scale generalizations about a race based off one's inherently limited personal experiences are racist no matter whether they sound good or bad. There are all kinds of implications for this. An employer could easily give the Asian worker the hardest or most stressful tasks even if that person isn't the right person for the task.

If Ford accepts such a common stereotype, I wonder what he thinks of Blacks or Jews. And I pity the paranoid anti-Millerite who looks for any chance to take a stab at the mayor, no matter what the issue is.

March 7, 2008 @ 10:58 PM

J C

Political correctness gone mad. The comment was clearly lacking any negative intent and, last time I checked, freedom of speech is alive ane well in this country. He was drawing a conclusion from what he has seen overseas.

Did he offend? I don't know but what I do know is nowhere is it law that people have a right to NOT be offended.

I am personally offened by, what I feel is a bigoted comment by A.R. that calls me a "paranoid anti-Millerite" because I may or may not agree with everything Miller says.

Hypocrite!

March 14, 2008 @ 2:50 PM

jack

rob ford tells it like it is...he might say stupid sh@t some times but he has a good heart and big balls...and mayor Miller is starting to look more and more like the pricipal in that movie Feris Bueller's Day off...what a jerk off

May 28, 2008 @ 10:20 AM

Dave

Ford can't even keep his own personal life in check, how can we believe that he can run a whole city?

"Tells it like it is" - translation: "Hides from any facts that are inconvenient to his point of view"

April 24, 2010 @ 8:11 PM

davidbaker

if you want a plethora of rob ford quotes, you should check out his new personal blog : http://www.robfordmayor.com ; lots of material there!

August 4, 2010 @ 6:53 AM