Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 404: Jane Stevenson

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 404In this 404th episode, Mike chats with The Toronto Sun's Jane Stevenson about the best, worst and weirdest concerts she's ever seen and her most memorable interviews with rock stars. This episode is exactly 2:17:52.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jane Stevenson and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

markosaar

Her stories were fantastic! My absolute favourite episode in ages. I listen for the music :)

December 2, 2018 @ 2:17 PM

markosaar

Should add, her column was one of the only I ever bothered to read in the Sun back in the day. Lived vicariously through Jane's concert write-ups when I was too young to go myself, and appreciated the album reviews.

December 2, 2018 @ 2:18 PM

Sid_V from NY via London

Factual correction - when interviewing Jane Stevenson, "Big Country# is not a basketball player selected in the first round by the Grizzlies, it is a Scottish rock band that had three hits on their album "The Crossing".

December 2, 2018 @ 2:49 PM

@Sid_V from NY via London

I'm playing some Big Country on tomorrow's episode 405.

December 2, 2018 @ 4:26 PM

Sid_V from NY via London

I heard them today on SiriusXM. Always loved their jams.

December 2, 2018 @ 10:28 PM

Beatts

It's a bit of a double edged sword because the the extra ad revenue is vital, but I found this episode very fragmented for the first half. It seemed like Jane was a bit put off by all the gear changing when the sponsor plugs appeared. It feels like the flow kept getting thrown off course. Second half was much better.

December 4, 2018 @ 9:16 AM

@Beatts

That never happens when the guest has actually heard an episode of Toronto Mike'd. Jane wanted to dive into her bands and stories in minute one and I wasn't going to do that. :)

December 4, 2018 @ 9:19 AM

LieveFamke

@Mike, great episode! Jane is a very interesting lady with a lot more stories to tell! Definitely need to have her back to KOTJ but also for those stories!!

December 6, 2018 @ 3:22 PM