Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 399: Tom Wilson

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 399In this 399th episode, Mike chats with Tom Wilson about his musical career in Junkhouse, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and LeE HARVeY OsMOND, what he learned about himself six years ago, his autobiography Beautiful Scars, Gord Downie, Neil Young, his love for the Hammer and more. This episode is exactly 1:46:30.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Tom Wilson and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Just sayin', but "Bruce Springsteen's Tits" would make for an excellent song title. If only today's
guest had a strong knack for writing lyrics. Hmmmmm....!! (Relax people, I haven't gone completely
crazy. It pertains to a hilarious story told by Mr. Wilson early in the episode!)

November 15, 2018 @ 4:15 PM

Jason from Sudbury

About 45 minutes in and really digging this ep so far.

November 15, 2018 @ 5:37 PM

Bear

That was awesome. Sooooo good.

November 15, 2018 @ 6:55 PM

Anonymous

this sounds like a guy who’s been hanging around for 60 years waiting to do a podcast like this https://t.co/2IRL9HOvHN

— 12:36 🌯 the news burrito 🌯 (@1236) November 15, 2018
November 15, 2018 @ 6:56 PM

Rob

Hamilton is the center of the modern musical universe. Tom is pure proof of that reality!

November 15, 2018 @ 8:41 PM

Rush Mike

Listened to this episode on my 2+ hour snowy drive home last night and laughed most of the way at Tom's stories...especially the "Bruce Springsteen's Tits"...I agree with bsmntdwllr73 ...this would be a great song title !.

November 16, 2018 @ 7:38 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Personal challenge: I implore you to give it that all college try and somehow figure out a way
to set off a friendly TM'd voice-off between Tom Wilson and Jeff Woods and perhaps even Ross
Porter (depending on how that Jazz FM legal situation turns out, LOL!!). The world, or at least
myself, will be all the more better for it, if you can somehow find a way to accomplish this poor
Aspie's most heartfelt, dreadful snowy day request. Make it happen, Bro!!

November 16, 2018 @ 9:54 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Beatts
So when did you find time to write a book?!? Um, so sorry, but it was actually the latest volume
by your less attractive doppelganger, the heavy metal lovin' Brian Posehn! ("Forever Nerdy: Living
My Dorky Dreams and Staying Metal"). Then again, quite sure that it is pretty hard to write a book if you've never actually read one. Good luck with those remedial reading classes. And please
be sure to let us know if we can help with that!!

November 16, 2018 @ 10:08 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, the above comment was actually meant for today's Open Mikes section!!

November 16, 2018 @ 10:09 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Great voice, great music, AMAZING stories! Great episode!

November 16, 2018 @ 5:22 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I remember watching the last of Ben Murgi's show, and would love to see the footage of Lowest of the Low, and Junk house from that show, as my addled nearing 60 memory just doesn't recall the performances.

November 17, 2018 @ 7:40 PM

Beatts

Whoa. Halfway through this episode and I'm pretty confident this will be my favorite episode. Tom is fantastic.

November 20, 2018 @ 10:41 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Beatts
TM needs to find a way to convince Tom Wilson to enlist with him for a 'Hamilton Tom' podcast in the
very near future!! But first Tom needs to get crackin' on that hypothetical "Bruce Springsteen's Tits" track. In fact, I can totally see Blackie and the Rodeo Kings really working up some decent three part harmony on that one! (Kinda been workin' on my own set of amateur lyrics for that one, but my legit lack of genuine writing talent has sadly stymied my efforts to date.)

November 20, 2018 @ 10:51 AM