Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 391: Lou Schizas Returns

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 391In this 391st episode, Mike chats with Lou Schizas about why he's no longer on GNR 640 Toronto and what's next for him. Then, they kick out the jams. This episode is exactly 2:04:43.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Lou Schizas and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design & Build.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Fun fact: The London Quireboys also did a great cover version of "Brother Louie" back in early
1993!!

October 29, 2018 @ 1:47 PM

Ricardo Da Silva

Great podcast, been following lou and have regularly interacted with him on twitter regarding politics and the markets. He's opinionated and speaks his mind, more people should be like him. Love the insights into the business of radio or the underbelly so to speak. Thank you for asking him the question I posed to you on twitter. Keep up the good work

October 29, 2018 @ 2:01 PM

bsmntdwllr73

And today's episode is unofficially brought to us by JANE MILBURN and ASSOCIATES. Lost track of the
# of times Lou mentioned his lawyer and I'm only 40 minutes in. Gonna need to take a brief
break and catch my breath!! #KingO'ShamelessPlugz!!

October 29, 2018 @ 2:21 PM

Lynn Foster

Cant tell you how much i missed Lou on 640....the last month has been hellish on the market and it would have been nice to have someone to hold my hand....I still dont understand the foolishness of that station in dismissing some of the key support personalities....I can only assume 640 is running out of cash...or where somehow thinking listeners were offended by political comment, and this certainly cant have been a good move...i dont listen anymore to 640 and I got a feeling I am not alone....

October 29, 2018 @ 3:05 PM

Paul Bell

bsmntdwllr73 I love that album! Jim Vallance (Bryan Adams, Aerosmith, Glass Tiger...) was involved in that, Quireboys' 2nd album. St. Jude is a track that pops into my head right away. Their Brother Louie cover is slick and very true to the original, great version. I still have the cassette. Great reference.

October 29, 2018 @ 3:44 PM

@Paul Bell
Glad that you were able to understand and appreciate that rather obscure musical breadcrumb!!
Somewhere in my mass musical archive I also have that release on Cassette and CD formats.
Great sound and very obviously indebted to the likes of Rod Stewart during his superior Faces
period.

October 29, 2018 @ 3:49 PM

Urooj Islam

I'm surprised Lou didn't try to do his own thing (podcast, etc.) when he saw the writing on the wall at 640.

He is such an affable and entertaining dude to listen to, could easily have established himself outside of 640 but that's the problem with media members of a certain generation, they rely way too heavily on companies instead of on themselves.

October 29, 2018 @ 4:16 PM

Lynn Foster

Hey can Lou be on every week and give us an update on the markets ??? sort of a synopsis of the week and some thoughts on what might be round the corner...??? I would for sure listen to that....

October 29, 2018 @ 4:22 PM

bsmntdwllr73

A wee bit confused: First Lou says that he currently has a lot of time on his hands, but then he claims that he doesn't have nearly enough time to take in B. Dylan's vast catalogue!!! Can't say I necessarily
blame him on that front, but bit of a mixed message with that one!!! P.S., he's a mere piker when it
comes to having too much time on his hands, and boy, I should know!

October 29, 2018 @ 4:27 PM

Spike

@bsmntdwllr73, didn't listen, in fact if I never hear this jackoff speak again it would be too damn soon. Insofar as him yacking on about his lawyer, well what'd you expect from a self-serving-free-for-me goof. I'm surprised he didn't mention anything about any grand poobah, rib sucking gigs that could be waiting in MAGA land. My offer still stands, I'd pay a buck or two to put this idiot on a one way token outta town.
Lastly, Lynn, do you really think this turkey has any knowledge about the market? All he ever did was read the ticker, and promote himself. You could find all the BS he spewed on Google; he ain't got no crystal ball. If he did, then he would have seen his ass out the door.

October 29, 2018 @ 5:23 PM

Bear

Great episode. Ignore this Spike idiot.

October 29, 2018 @ 5:56 PM

@Lynn Foster

I'd be happy to produce Lou's podcast. We just need a few sponsors to step up and make it worth Lou's time.

October 29, 2018 @ 8:51 PM

markosaar

Are there any fiscally conservative right-wing politicians?

October 29, 2018 @ 10:40 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Just resumed listening after a somewhat necessary, lengthy sanity break(!). Gotta love Lou's choice of "Wichita Lineman." The combination of Jimmy Webb's great tune, Glen Campbell's vocals and the integral use of the Fender Bass VI created one of the finest musical motifs of its era. My father was always several generations behind in his musical tastes, but I know for a fact that he attended the tour for that particular album. Sadly, I have never been even in the vicinity of hipness!

October 30, 2018 @ 9:45 AM

There's a tiny bit of skipping at the 2:01 or 2:02 mark. Unfortunately, it's in my source recording, so I can't fix it. When I went to youtube to play the final jam I got the dreaded Macbook spinning wheel and apparently it messed with a few seconds at the end. My apologies to you and Lou.

October 30, 2018 @ 10:45 AM

@Mike
Just blame it on the poor sod who incorrectly labeled that obscure Climax Blues Band track!!!
See, this is why I'm such an unabashed technophobe!

October 30, 2018 @ 10:53 AM

My innocuous question for Lou about whether he heard from Mike Stafford after getting let go caused Stafford to compose and send this passive-aggressive tweet:

October 30, 2018 @ 3:35 PM

@Mike
Don't worry, one of these days Mr. Stafford will probably also be in franctic need of the same
law firm that his Frenemy(?) Schizas shamelessly pimped(!) throughout his KOTJ appearance yesterday. Then, he, too, will IMMEDIATELY want to come back on again and PLEAD for the same kind of empathy and understanding he erroneously accused you of lacking. Original Crankster indeed. Paging Monsieurs Dexter Holland and Redman!!

October 30, 2018 @ 3:43 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, Messieurs Dexter Holland and Redman!!

October 30, 2018 @ 3:45 PM

andrew

@Mike

With all you have discussed with this idiot with great podcasts & now he throws U under the bus.
Ain't worth it Mike, Stafford is a loser & will be on the streets looking for a job shortly.
Any old bones, bottles or rags?

October 30, 2018 @ 5:30 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Sad to hear this kind of muck raking from Mike Stafford, as I always enjoyed his commentary and his show , especially the Fast and Furious Fridays.
But given his firing of Freddie P as his best man over some of Freds comments about AM 640, maybe he is trying to not draw any attention from management. Given other than Oakley, for the time served, he could possibly be running out of time.

October 30, 2018 @ 9:23 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Good back and forth with Lou on the migrants issue, a little left and right opinions presented.
As for the KOTJ' s love the Peter and the Wolf, first time I've heard it in decades.

October 31, 2018 @ 9:53 PM

Spike

First of all, Bear, you don't know me, so by you calling me an idiot, because of my opinion speaks volumes. So to respond, with my grade 9 educated brain; go Fuck yourself.
What kinda people would listen to an idiot like Schifoso Schizas for two plus hours? I couldn't stand listening for his four minute sound bites on 640. Unlike your hundreds, (I mean 22) groupies I agree with Stafford. You asked a stupid question only to get a charge. This is what a Desperado does. You identify as Toronto Mike, yet Mike Stafford was/is the real Mike; shit you ain't even a Bullard. Stafford has been through the radio trenches for many years, you, well you hang around a cellar like my sausages in the cantina.
You stated that you are interested in "producing" Lousy Lou for a podcast of his own, but need sponsorship. Let me be the first to send you two cents, ah hell a nickle to get it going.

November 1, 2018 @ 3:41 PM

markosaar

This is why you have no friends

November 1, 2018 @ 4:23 PM

@Spike

Considering your distaste for me, maybe it's best you not hang around my blog and listen to my podcast. I just don't think it's your cup of tea.

p.s. There are many "real" Mikes.

November 1, 2018 @ 4:56 PM

Spike

Hey markosaar, if you are referring to me having no friends; let me tell you through the lyrics of TO band the Kings. " I have lots of friends that I can ding anytime, can mobilize some laughs with just one call" You wanna know why jackoff, it's because I have been around a long time, and we laugh at goofballs like you.

November 1, 2018 @ 5:14 PM

@Spike
Don't hammer away at Toronto Mike, he is one of the GOOD GUYS!! Blowhard Stafford's
shitty tweets were totally uncalled for and have absolutely no merit. I'm sure you know
that tired cliche "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and most of them stink!"
Pretty sure that basic lesson is well-ingrained before the end of grade nine!!! P.S., absolutely
no reason that the high quality product on offer here should not be backed by equally strong
sponsors, and this will undoubtedly continue to be the well-deserving case!!!

November 1, 2018 @ 5:17 PM

@Spike
Classy retort! One thing: A lot of great new music has been released since that particular Near-Hit Wonder!!! Next time, you might wanna try a more updated musical reference! (signed) Your number one fan, 'dwllr73!!! P.P.S., the JackOffs would make for an awesome band name. Perhaps they could even cover B. Squier's "The Stroke" for good measure?!?

November 1, 2018 @ 5:22 PM

markosaar

@Spike,

Good for you. You were in a sympathetic room, and managed to piss away any good will by attacking our host for no good reason. I like that you weren't even sure my dig was intended at you, but damnit, you're going to retort anyway just on the principle of it.

I hope you can find intrinsic happiness one day; not dependent on lashing out online with one hand while jerking off with the other.

November 1, 2018 @ 5:47 PM

Spike

Hey markosaar, I calls em as I sees em.

November 1, 2018 @ 6:15 PM

Spike

Oh yeah, markosaar, I should have been more clear; my dick gets enough action without the use is either hand; damn that carpal tunnel!

November 1, 2018 @ 6:21 PM

Spike

@bsmntdwllr73, know what, I got no annamosity towards anyone; but if I'm attacked, I respond. Further if I don't agree, I give my opinion. This "host" has been nothing but a goof towards my opinion, ( that's what happens when you hang with lousy Lou for two plus hours).
I've been around way too long for jackoffs to tell me what I need to do; save for my wife and granddaughter. So when you ask me to take it easy in the "host" then it works both ways my friend.
Something maybe these millennials should consider; otherwise keep broadcasting from the cellar!

November 1, 2018 @ 6:40 PM

markosaar

@Spike,

You know who else proudly, "calls em as I sees em?"

Your hero, Lou.

November 1, 2018 @ 6:47 PM

@Spkie
#1. Mike is definitely not a millennial!!

#2. I don't agree economically or politically with what Schizas represents, but I find him to be
quite colourful in his delivery and most of his musical selections were spot on. He kinda reminds
me of a real life version of the former WWF/WCW wrestler Irwin R. Shyster (Mike Rotunda), in
that I don't take him very seriously! Listening to his episodes builds much needed patience and
tolerance on my part!!!

#3. Glad to hear that you are well-taken-care-of in the bedroom department. Always on
the look-out for some helpful advice in that area! Vicariously Yours, bsmntdwllr73

November 2, 2018 @ 10:53 AM

bsmtndwllr73

Sorry, the above was meant for Spike, not Spkie!!!!!!

November 2, 2018 @ 10:54 AM

bsmntdwllr73

And now I just went and f'ed up my own posting handle! Holy Sheep!!!

November 2, 2018 @ 10:55 AM

SOWNYreader

Reading the past few comments on this post and some recent others, I think we know where that Ziggy/cGrant character went when he was banned from the SOWNY board for his abusive verbal diarrhea directed at other members. You can't keep a good troll down.

November 2, 2018 @ 2:55 PM

Seriously?

@markosaar

Lovely and brilliant, as per usual. But, also balanced and kind - which, is the reward of experience and education.

@Spike

You clearly present with a shitload of hate, anger and bullshit - cool for you - but, none of your nonsense adds to the discourse. So, stop.

November 3, 2018 @ 12:47 AM

@Kat

Nothing was deleted because of the message.

I laughed out loud at the idea that I might be censoring anti-Trump messages.

November 5, 2018 @ 6:12 PM

Joe B ( from Toronto)

@torontomike. Mike I found time on this rainy morning to listen to the Schizas podcast.
Lou wishes me dead? Holy crap! I was only asking when he and his racist remarks were moving to West Virginia. Then again Lou stated that he was raised in Queens, and of course he's such a tough guy, yet he says I should kiss his Royal Canadian ass. I'm an inner city Toronto guy, so maybe not as mean as my family and friends in NY, but strong enough to call this guy out.
I don't wish Lou dead, I only wish him gone; besides after viewing his photo I think rigamortus has already set in.

November 6, 2018 @ 12:27 PM

@Joe B

I asked Lou where he got that expression, and it's from the movie Broadcast News. I don't think he really wishes you were dead. I know I don't.

November 6, 2018 @ 10:28 PM

bsmntdwllr73

I look forward to that inevitable nursing home cage match between Mr. Schizas and Larry King!
First one to strip the others of their suspenders will be the victor!! Apropos of nothing, I'm
originally from North York and I'm the antithesis of tough. Rather, "I'm Soft Like Charmin!" (Must
be something in that Queens water supply). FYI: Real tough guys don't have to verbally advertise
their toughness or BRAVELY issue death wishes for their fiercest critics.

November 7, 2018 @ 9:31 AM

dan d

Boo on Lou - glad he and Sue-Anne are toast on the airwaves.

November 10, 2018 @ 11:50 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Nice rhyme scheme aboce! Proof that Dr. Seuss is a valuable teaching tool even decades later!!

November 11, 2018 @ 1:37 PM

dan d

@bsmntdwllr73 a misspell and two exclamation marks!!?? Dr Seuss books are available online and I'm sure that an expert internet troll such as yourself can order some on Amazon.

November 12, 2018 @ 2:48 PM

Joe B ( from Toronto)

@torontomike, Mike I truly appreciate, and believe that you don't wish me dead, I can't say the same about Schizas. I gave him a chance to apologise, via email, and he ignored it; didn't respond. Mike please don't make excuses for this guy, insofar as the comment coming from the movie Broadcast News. The quote I remember from that movie is "I'm as mad as hell and I'm going to take this anymore", (that's exactly why I've been critical of Lou) I don't remember anything about wishing death on anyone; could be wrong though. Instead of a movie reference, let me quote Bruce Springsteen's last lines of Tom Joad, sung brilliantly by Tom Morello, not to mention his great guitar work!
"Wherever somebody's fighting for a place to stand
Or a decent job or a helping hand
Wherever somebody's struggling to be free
Look in their eyes, Ma, and you'll see me".
So, wherever Lou Schizas spews his BS on the air,
Look for me, you can bet I'll be there.

@bsmntdwllr73, could be the water, but I'm betting it's just a narcissistic small pecker thing. After all Lou's hero, Trump, was also raised in Queens.

November 12, 2018 @ 3:16 PM

@Joe B

"I'm mad as hell" is from Network.

"Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon." is from Broadcast News.

November 12, 2018 @ 3:21 PM

@dan d
My previous post wasn't meant as a dis! (And sorry for my latest careless spelling mistake.)
I guess I could have tried harder to ensure that it was not taken as an insult. P.S., troll, Moi?!?
Totally sarcastic and sometimes snarky, yes, but otherwise completely supportive of this blog
and the majority of its comment contributors. P.P.S., in full agreement with your "Boo on
Lou" sentiments. Personally not my cup of tea either. Sorry if you felt slighted.

November 12, 2018 @ 3:48 PM

dan d

@bsmntdwllr73 I misunderstood, my apologies.

November 12, 2018 @ 4:14 PM

@dan d
Not a problem at all! I was a big Dr. Seuss fan back in the day and I was impressed with how
succinct your comment was. Whereas I often tend to suffer from a prolonged case of Typist's
'literary' Diarrhea (sadly, not a real condition!), you were short and to the point. Kudos!

November 12, 2018 @ 4:22 PM

Joe B ( from Toronto)

@torontomike, no big deal Mike, as I had stated, I could be wrong. Network/Broadcast; Tomayto/Tomahato. It really doesn't matter to me because this guy is a jerk joke. He has yet to respond to my email regarding this, but if you wanna/feel the need to defend him, well that's on you. I did however hear a very uneasy giggle from you when he wished me dead. You say you asked him where this reference came from, yet I didn't hear it in your interview. Is this something that came after the podcast; Ifso did you have a lawyer advise?
I still stand by Springsteen's lyrics to the ghost of old Tom Joad.
BTW, I could easily wish Schizas dead, without any BS movie reference, but that would be bad, bad, karma.

November 13, 2018 @ 8:18 PM

I'm shutting down this thread because someone who comments as both Spike and Kat is polluting this ecosystem and I don't have time for that.

If anyone out there has a beef with Lou, please be advised that I am not Lou nor do I represent Lou.

November 14, 2018 @ 7:53 PM

« Open Mike Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 392: Rachel Brady and Kristina Rutherford »