Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 386: Jamar McNeil

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 386In this 386th episode, Mike chats with new CHUM morning show host Jamar McNeil about his move to Toronto working with Roger Ashby and Marilyn Denis, and the legalization of weed in Canada. This episode is exactly 1:45:30.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jamar McNeil and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design & Build.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jillian

I've really changed my mind about this guy-he's a great addition to the show. Now can he replace Roger?...please...now.

October 16, 2018 @ 7:00 PM

jj

his voice is actually really nice. i hope things go well for him here !

October 16, 2018 @ 7:36 PM

@jj

I love this guy! And I gave you a shoutout.

October 16, 2018 @ 7:39 PM

jj

TM - I heardddddd, thank you!! He is right that outside of here, no one is going to say Tahrawna LOL. I'll never pronounce it that way, it isn't in my vocab!

October 16, 2018 @ 8:17 PM

Rick C in Oakville

My wife loves Jamar, and the couple of times a week I have listened to him, he is a breath of fresh air on the stale CHUM FM morning show.
All the best to him and congrats to you Mike for being able to get him in.

October 16, 2018 @ 8:30 PM

the brother

I'm 35 mins in and I didn't get no shoutout for campaigning for this for months? Lol

October 16, 2018 @ 10:12 PM

@the brother

But I started talking with Jamar on July 16! :)

And I forgot to shout you out and I'm sorry, but he will come back.

October 16, 2018 @ 10:23 PM

Brandon

Enjoyed listening to this episode! You guys fell into a nice, easygoing conversational rhythm. I didn't know much about Jamar's background beyond the promotion with him coming to Toronto, so it was nice to learn about some of his past career points and views. And the common touchpoints over the music, sports and wrestling talk in common was nice.

October 17, 2018 @ 7:19 AM

the brother

Here's the commercial Mike played the audio from:

I remember the jingle from Saturday morning cartoons. Such an earworm lol

October 17, 2018 @ 9:16 AM

bsmntdwllr73

What a pleasant surprise. Logged off early yesterday afternoon, so I wasn't expecting this interview.
He sounds like a great guy. And while I'm not a big fan of his station's playlist, it just might be worth it to tune in, if only to hear his keen insights. Besides, he made me an instant believer when he admitted to his MJ Fox/"Teen Wolf" fandom!!

October 17, 2018 @ 9:58 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Always nice to hear some classic Rick Derringer rawk!!! Not too Inside Baseball at all, bro!!!

October 17, 2018 @ 11:02 AM

@Andr3wWard

Mike, you gotta KOTJ Rock and Wrestling style with Jamar! Awesome flashbacks!

Could listen to Jamar read the phone book -- amazing voice!

October 17, 2018 @ 4:04 PM

Al The Royal Pain

The roll continues! Great episode! Wishing Jamar all the best!

October 17, 2018 @ 4:22 PM

Jody Thornton

@Mike:

Yes Rick Moranis is Canadian. In fact you mention other SCTV people (Dave Thomas, Eugene Levy, Martin Short, John Candy ... etc)

Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas were fake beer buddies (er, make that brothers) as Bob and Doug McKenzie.

October 17, 2018 @ 7:15 PM

@Jody Thornton

I couldn't remember if Rick Moranis was Canadian, because not all of that SCTV cast was Canadian. Andrea Martin and Harold Ramis, for example, were American.

But yes, Rick Moranis is very much Canadian.

October 17, 2018 @ 7:28 PM

Jody Thornton

Now see, I always thought Andrea Martin was Canadian. Shows what I know. :)

October 18, 2018 @ 5:33 AM

LieveFamke

What an interesting episode! Boy you guys hit it off! Just like you and Dan!

October 22, 2018 @ 11:54 AM

Lucas

Great episode Mike! I listen to Jamar every morning now, and really what I once thought was a crazy decision on Bell Media’s part, has turned into the perfect decision for the morning show. Literally can’t imagine the show without him now. He’s the perfect fit with Roger and Marilyn. Can’t wait for Jamar to come KOTJ with you.... I’m interested in hearing the 10 songs he chooses!

October 22, 2018 @ 3:45 PM

Ali

I think we all saw that coming. When is Rick leaving?

October 25, 2018 @ 9:58 AM