Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 366: TJ Connors

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 366In this 366th episode, Mike chats with 97.7 HTZ-FM's TJ Connors about his career in radio and his relationship with his father, Scruff Connors. This episode is exactly 2:36:59.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

TJ Connors and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design & Build.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

I remember Phone Boy. I'm forgetting his real name now but he's cool. Last I heard he was working for NHL Network Radio on Sirius.

August 11, 2018 @ 2:54 PM

Jason from Sudbury

This was awesome!

August 11, 2018 @ 4:24 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Biggest accomplishment for me this week was getting through
this episode in one library and on a single computer, especially
on a very busy Saturday afternoon! I knew that it would be a
keeper when the almighty theme to "TJ Hooker" was blasted
within the first ten minutes. Impure visions of a young, HOT
Heather Locklear , before she became a Rock & Roll Rag Doll/
Frequent Mug Shot Queen, instantly raced through my head (the
one on top of my shoulders, for you more dirty-minded readers!!!).

In all seriousness, much like that great Stu Stone interview from
several weeks ago, this one really resonated with me due to certain
parallels with my late father's somewhat 'colourful' lifestyle and adjacent
premature demise.Good to see that T.J. has dealt with his interesting
paternal dynamic a lot more successfully than I have (to date!). That
old radio routine from Scruff about Dildo, NFLD. and all those PENETRATION
puns really made my day. Thanks! Hopefully T.J. will return in the very near
future to Kick Out some more Ass-Kicking Jams!

August 11, 2018 @ 7:13 PM

Rick C in Oakville

TJ's dad was a big part of my early radio experience, looking forward to his episode.

August 11, 2018 @ 8:16 PM

Dave B

fyi...Bro Jake "stole" the Champ from his good friends, Gary & Blair MacLean. Jake produced Champ episodes on his radio shows for several years, before MacLean & MacLean came after Q107 legally. The Maclean brothers issue was that they'd do their champ routine live, in a club, and people in the audience would accuse them of copying Brother Jake. (!) Q107 made a cash settlement with the MacLeans, and Jake was given the right to do the Champ on the radio.

August 12, 2018 @ 11:09 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Maclean and Maclean, taking the O out of Country. They played my Centennial college pub at least once a year ( I was there 3) and we had Burton Cummings at one, totally hammered, but the total trooper trying to sing Stand Tall.
Also saw M&M at the now defunct Knob Hill (Caddy's in a later life) hotel where there was always a good chance of a bar punch up, and bikers. I was only there for the beer.

August 12, 2018 @ 6:25 PM

Shakey in Ptbo

Hi ...How're you?

August 13, 2018 @ 1:58 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Hmm, I wonder if the above commenter has any connection to Neil "Shakey" Young or the legendary
Toronto Sun Sports Columnist Jim "Shaky" Hunt?!? Perhaps I've just simply got too much time on my hands!! (Not-so-sly Styx reference, for the uninformed/uninitiated/mostly uninterested!!)

August 13, 2018 @ 2:52 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Finally caught up on all the episodes I missed while on vacation with the family and this one was a great one to end on! Solid episode!

August 14, 2018 @ 11:48 AM

"Rush" Mike

Great Episode ! Good stories shared with TJ about his Dad. The Q Morning Zoo with Scruff was my morning wake up station during Junior High School, Still remember, waking up one morning to a very quiet, reserved Scruff only to hear him announce minutes later that John Lennon had been shot & killed the night before.
Also,, recall a bad car accident involving Scruff I think during his 1st stint at Q107, if I correctly remember one of his passengers was killed and he was with another Q personality. Does anyone else recall this ?

August 15, 2018 @ 7:17 AM

Jody Thornton

Excellent podcast! I noticed on this episode that 99% of Great Lakes Beer stays in Etobicoke ....lol. Boy are you guys thirsty ...lol

September 2, 2018 @ 12:06 AM