Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 359: Stu Stone

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 359In this 359th episode, Mike chats with Stu Stone about his roles in Donnie Darko, My Pet Monster, and The Magic School Bus, his work as a professional wrestling manager, his Bob Saget rap song with Jamie Kennedy, and his new documentary film Jack of All Trades. This episode is exactly 2:19:17.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Stu Stone and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design & Build.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

Same shirt you were wearing last night ?

Ewww.....

lol

July 20, 2018 @ 4:56 PM

@Beatts

That explains why it's filthy.

July 20, 2018 @ 9:37 PM

Here's the trailer of Jack of All Trades:

July 20, 2018 @ 9:42 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Any TM episode that sends out some love towards "Weird Al's" vastly underrated 1989
cinematic opus "UHF" is guaranteed to be a classic in my books! Pre-Kramer Kramer and
all those great parodies, how could it not have been absolutely fabulous?!? In a parallel
universe it would have been more commercially successful than both Hot Shots and the
Naked Gun series. P.S., Tears For Fears "Mad World" came from their first album "The
Hurting", FYI!! And that "Disco Duck" mention, consider my mind blown!!!

July 21, 2018 @ 9:50 AM

bsmntdwllr73

We need an all-croonin' Stu Stone episode STAT!! His brief rendition of Billy Ocean's tearjerker
"Suddenly" has me all Verklempt on this sunny Saturday morning!! @Mike That track was the
third single from B. Ocean's "Suddenly" album after "Caribbean Queen" and its bitchin' follow-up
"Loverboy("Mutt" Lange co-write, that one!!). P.S., I also saw the Victory tour at the CNE Grandstand,
my first real concert, not including The Osmond Family at the same venue in '78.

July 21, 2018 @ 10:50 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Time to get DJ Ron Nelson back on here for another throwback rap episode and/or KOTJ, what
with those recent repeated references to The Fat Boys, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick,etc.!! As for
PE's "Burn Hollywood Burn", am I the only one who retoractively finds Ice Cube's participation
ultra-ironic?!?

July 21, 2018 @ 11:09 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
King Kong Bundy Fun Fact: He also had a small cameo role in that horrible Richard Pryor film from
1988 called "Moving!"

July 21, 2018 @ 11:23 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Smashing Pumpkins weren't usually strong live performers due to the unassailable fact that
Billy C. played pretty much everything on the early albums minus the drums, and so that
heavily produced sound couldn't be replicated live no matter how many extra players onstage.
As mentioned, the enmity between band members also probably didn't help matters much.

P.S., Michael McDonald co-wrote "What A Fool Believes" with K. Loggins so it is not a cover,
Kenny's album just came out five months earlier. And that soundalike track Stu mentioned
by Robbie Dupree is called "Steal Away." Great track in its own right!! P.P.S., that limp Lawrence
Gowan track was called "When There's Time For Love."

July 21, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Great episode! I'm definitely checking out that documentary!

July 23, 2018 @ 1:25 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Had a chance to listen today, and wasn't disappointed, not knowing Stu's background. Great energy, and man he has done a lot of things.

I am going to check out Jack of all Trades, as I love this type of documentary, they are always personal and not scripted.
I just watched a similar one on my Air Canada flight to Edmonton, called Aida's Secret, shows everybody's family always has a story, not always pleasant.

July 25, 2018 @ 12:13 AM

LieveFamke

Great episode! You could have just talked for 2 hours 20 minutes (forget the KOTJ!). You definitely need Stu back, I suspect he has a lot more stories to tell! :)

July 26, 2018 @ 8:13 AM

@LieveFamke

When I booked Stu, it was because Cam Gordon name dropped him briefly as a voice in My Pet Monster and someone I should have on. So I thought we KOTJ and chat and see how it goes...

And you know the rest of the story! For sure he's coming back on... no doubt about it. And with Cam at some point, too.

July 26, 2018 @ 8:16 AM