Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 341: Dan O'Toole

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 341In this 341st episode, Mike chats with TSN's Dan O'Toole about leaving TSN for LA, returning like the prodigal son, his relationship with Jay Onrait, and so much more. This is the longest episode in the history of the podcast. This episode is exactly 2:38:49.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Dan O'Toole and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jody Thornton

Given that you mentioned that this was the longest podcast in Toronto Mike history, I would like tho suggest to Marc Weisblott that he not be outdone. I wish Marc and you would go extra long because in every appearance that he has made, you mention that you have to go through stuff so quickly because you only have two hours.

You'll say to Marc quite often, "There so much more I could go on about ....". Well I'd like to hear all that extra stuff. For those that don't want to, there are pause and skip buttons.

May 28, 2018 @ 7:25 PM

@Jody Thornton

I had to keep Marc at 2 hours because I always had work to do! But... things are changing now in this arena and I have more control over my work day now.

Marc's coming back in late June. Maybe we'll do 3 hours.

May 28, 2018 @ 7:27 PM

Jody Thornton

Mike! You're my hero ....lol. I thoroughly enjoy your podcast.

May 28, 2018 @ 8:17 PM

Axel

If anyone's curious, this is worth the investment. Great chemistry!

May 28, 2018 @ 10:13 PM

John Roscoe

I've always liked Dan is facial expressions are just soooo funny when I heard they were coming back I'm sure a tear rolled down my face Mike now on your show 2 of my favorite personalities together in the same studio I'm blessed thanks Mike!!!

May 29, 2018 @ 5:07 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Great chemistry between the two participants!! In fact, their (most hetero!) platonic heat was
powerful enough to heat an isolated northern fishing village for at least a month!! Any episode
that includes a mention of that cheesy Hercules cartoon is tops in my book! Always felt bad for
Toot that Newton was too busy making eyes at Herc to return his obvious feelings of desperate
longing!! And that bonus name-checking of Rocket Robin Hood sent me into the stratosphere!!
Thanks to my Eidetic memory, I will always remember to never underestimate Friar Tuck (despite
his most portly appearance!!!).

@Mike
During the segment where you were discussing alternative Cancon of the late nineties and early
Aughts, what was that song you briefly played a snippet from (I believe that it wasn't the version
you originally intended to play). Was it a cover version of that BV 3000 track "Drinking In LA?"
Also, have really enjoyed all the recent discussions on this topic, but am i the only one who
fondly remembers brief Edge staple Zuckerbaby from way back when ("Andromeda", "Heavy",
"Shampoo?"). I believe they were tight with Age of Electric.

May 30, 2018 @ 9:45 AM

@bsmntdwllr73

That cover of Bran Van 3000's Drinking in LA was by Adam and the Amethysts.

I heard it once, and loved it instantly.

May 30, 2018 @ 10:11 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I tried to look up other versions of that track and they weren't among the few acts listed.
Thanks for the clarification. I now have a blind date with Youtube!

May 30, 2018 @ 10:17 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I totally concur that this particular version of "Drinking In LA" is most excellent! I still think
a KOTJ episode dedicated to obscure or off the beaten path cover versions would be both
great listening and very informative!

May 30, 2018 @ 10:24 AM

Steve

Heavy by Zuckerbaby still rules today!

May 31, 2018 @ 11:39 AM