Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 339: John Scholes

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 339In this 339th episode, Mike chats with John Scholes about his 19 years at Q107, why he left the station, the end of Andy Frost and Psychedelic Psunday and more. This episode is exactly 1:26:56.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

John Scholes and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Salty Dog rules!! That whole album is great!! Nice to see them get some exposure on the big show!!

May 25, 2018 @ 2:55 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
The bass player from Salty Dog, Michael Hannon, formed another sleazy rock band called American
Dog when his first group broke up. Very tight and rocking in the mode of AC/DC/Aerosmith/Ted Nugent/Motorhead. Great stuff!!

May 25, 2018 @ 3:02 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Downloading this as we speak...looking forward to it.

May 25, 2018 @ 3:06 PM

Jason from Sudbury

I seem to remember HTZ FM playing Salty Dog quite a bit back in the day.

May 25, 2018 @ 3:24 PM

bsmntdwllr73

And Q107 played it fairly regularly at night back in late 1989. Joey Vendetta featured a lot of similar
bands/tunes on his Power Factory show midnight on Friday nights.

May 25, 2018 @ 3:30 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Nice use of "Another One Bites the Dust!!!" Where's my credit for making that suggestion in another
thread last week?!? I guess great minds think alike!! (Not that this was such a great leap to make!)

May 25, 2018 @ 4:03 PM

@Jason from Sudbury

This may be true, but I didn't even discover HTZ-FM until I started commuting in the late 90s.

May 25, 2018 @ 4:23 PM

Jason from Sudbury

I remember Q107 playing Rusty in the 90's when they were cool. Soul For Sale did pretty good in the top 10 at 10.

May 25, 2018 @ 5:12 PM

Paul Januszewski

@TorontoMike you were right, it was a good listen... but although the bright side was looked on, left me sad. John Scoles is great on radio, and was a voice in my life I will miss...
Psychadelic Psunday's death is something else... will be wearing black on Psunday.
Thank you for letting me see behind the curtain on this sir, will be a regular listener from now on.

May 25, 2018 @ 5:49 PM

Anonymous

@TorontoMike you were right, it was a good listen... but although the bright side was looked on, left me sad. John Scholes is great on radio, and was a voice in my life I will miss...
Thank you for letting me see behind the curtain on this Sir, will be a regular listener from now on.
Cheers!

May 25, 2018 @ 5:52 PM

BFD

@TorontoMike I started listening to HTZ-FM when Appetite For Destruction started getting huge 30 years ago, and it's still my number 1 preset to this day...though I don't hear the Salty Dog anymore.

May 25, 2018 @ 6:31 PM

Fakeologist

Good show Mike.

Are you working on fixing your turning "t"s into "d"s? It was particularly bad on either this or the Ledrew interview.

June 1, 2018 @ 5:42 AM

JR

Scholes talks about his mentors in the business. Maybe someone would like to hear about one of them who he mentioned, who had passed away. Instead you seized on someone you knew, and went in that direction. You need to be more curious about people and places you don't know. Sit and listen and maybe your guests can be heard.

July 18, 2018 @ 7:45 PM