Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 330: Ralph Benmergui

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 330In this 330th episode, Mike chats with Ralph Benmergui about his years at CKLN, CBC Radio, hosting Midday and Friday Night with Ralph Benmergui! on CBC Television, doing mornings at JAZZ FM, Mike MacDonald, Stuart McLean, fatherhood, Hamilton and his spirituality. This episode is exactly 1:17:06.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Ralph Benmergui

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rick C in Oakville

Funny guy and have enjoyed his appearances over the years on H&F.
Too bad his talk shows didn't flourish.

April 26, 2018 @ 7:32 PM

Axel

This was not what I expected. I was ready to dislike Ralph, but it turns out I don't!

Another great episode. You seem to extract the best in people.

April 27, 2018 @ 8:46 AM

Irv

He looks like Stephen King kind of..

April 27, 2018 @ 11:49 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Great show. Not the biggest fan before this interview aside from his time on JazzFM, but
totally see him in a new light now. Really enjoyed the philosophical and spiritual aspects
of this episode. Hopefully he can come back and elaborate at length and/or take part in
a KOTJ. And Irv's right: slight resemblance to a thinner, more clean cut Stephen King!

April 27, 2018 @ 3:53 PM

Sid_V

I just finished listening, and that was a great interview. Thought-provoking with a bit of spiritual content as well. Very good way to spend an hour and a bit - thank you, Ralph and Mike.

@TMike - as the father of a 13 year old with a foot in the competitive dance world, your assessment is bang on. It is one heck of an industry they have built. Maybe see you at one of these competitions!

May 1, 2018 @ 6:43 PM

Sal

Great chat Mike!

I really enjoyed this episode.. one of my faves' out of 75-ish listened to. It had a deeper vibe at times & he appears to be an authentic soul.

The problem when I heard him speak on your & H&F's podcast is that at some point he always nudges me to look inward & I feel like I need to kick it up a notch. He accomplishes that feat without being pretentious or condescending .. he is just chatting casually & he slides in something to make you stop & go... hmmmm... causally challenging your thoughts & ideas.. like any good teacher would.

The last few minutes where you guys are talking about Life & death played out by Jeff Buckley's version of "hallelujah" was a powerful moment for me.. kinda poetically haunting.. just like the song itself... best ending of any episode yet.. left me wanting to hear more.

Look forward to the second go around!

May 7, 2018 @ 11:10 AM