Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 325: Dan Shulman

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 325In this 325th episode, Mike chats with Dan Shulman about his years on The Fan, calling Blue Jays games for TSN, the move to ESPN, why he left ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, his return to Blue Jays baseball, his new podcast and more. This episode is exactly 1:05:42.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Dan Shulman and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Matt

65 minutes! Thats some nice negotiating Mike! Cant wait to listen to this!

April 13, 2018 @ 1:57 PM

Urooj Islam

20 minutes of house money!

I can't wait to listen!

April 13, 2018 @ 2:22 PM

Dan wanted 45 minutes, but i masterly negotiated so he agreed to 60 minutes. And then I stole an extra five. :)

April 13, 2018 @ 3:27 PM

Justin

After listening to Shulman’s new podcast a few days ago and hearing him interview guests, I honestly thought to myself “he’d be a great guest for Toronto Mike’d.”

And right on cue, Mike delivers.

Can’t wait to listen

April 13, 2018 @ 5:12 PM

Faunie

So far I have listened to 30 minutes of the podcast. I too got the chills hearing Tom Cheek.
I know I will not be disappointed when I finish listening to the rest of the conversation.
Didn't think it was possible to like Dan Shulman any more than I already do!

April 13, 2018 @ 7:26 PM

MississaugaAndrew

Amazing interview, Mike. Dan's a cool guy and his podcast is pretty cool, but let's be honest, Dan Shulman is no TorontoMike!

April 13, 2018 @ 7:42 PM

Let me take a moment to tell everyone who tweeted or emailed me questions for Dan that I had them all in my notes but realized I was never going to fit everything in 60 minutes so I left all the great questions on the cutting room floor.

April 13, 2018 @ 8:14 PM

dale

@Mike
Thanks for your comments with Dan. King St. & Church St. are very close intersections to Weston Rd.
Wifey gave the name to me & got mixed up with her Dr's first name - It's been over 30 years since Dr. Shulman.
Dan is 2nd to none overall with broadcasting & voice. Well maybe voice is Andy Frost - !A & 1B.

April 13, 2018 @ 11:19 PM

Max power

Shulman is the best, period. Nobody comes close. @dale if you think Andy frost is second you really need to get out more, Andy is a boob of the highest order. Couldn’t carry Shulmans’ jock, please they should never be mentioned in the same orbit ever again. Shulman is a pro, frost is a hack amateur...

April 14, 2018 @ 10:05 AM

Anon And On

Excellent interview Mike. Thanks. Dan Shulman is a class act and look forward to him taking a more prominent role on Blue Jays' baseball. Get rid of Tabler (Captain Obvious!) and have Buck do the colour role. He can talk baseball, which he does well, rather than fixate on every pitch with Tabler.

April 14, 2018 @ 5:55 PM

Anonymous

Looking forward to listening to this one.

At the end of the day, anyone can be professional and outwork the next person, but you either have the voice or you don't. God, does he ever have it. Classic baseball voice. I hope he expands his role up here.

April 14, 2018 @ 11:09 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Always good to see another member of 'my' Tribe doing so well in sports... media!! You'll also
find us (well, not me, I'm a sad outlier!!) acting as the lawyers, accountants, managers, and owners
of many athletes and sports teams! And, say, what ever became of Shawn Green?!?All kidding aside,
yet another great episode, packed tighter than many inexperienced high schoolers on prom night!!
(not that I would know!!)

April 16, 2018 @ 9:54 AM

Matt layden

Shulman should call NHL Hockey games on Sportsnet, in addition to Blue Jays baseball games.

October 28, 2018 @ 9:00 PM