Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 321: Al Joynes

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 321In this 321st episode, Mike chats with Al Joynes about his two tours of duty at Q107, working mornings at The Rock, and being let go one week ago today. This episode is exactly 1:44:04.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Al Joynes and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Kudos on that Encyclopedia Brown shout-out. Those books don't get enough respect!!
Plus, I love the name Allen (my father's spelling!!)

April 3, 2018 @ 1:10 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
"Hey Bulldog" is in my top five of all time Beatles songs. Good to know that I'm not alone
in enjoying that track!!

April 3, 2018 @ 1:50 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Crap, I forgot Al was coming on today. I did have some questions for him. Oh well...next time.

April 3, 2018 @ 2:27 PM

Mike

Michael is way better than Mike. heh heh

Good luck Alan.

April 3, 2018 @ 5:37 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Great podcast. Hopefully Andy won't be pissed that Al spilled the beans lol.
I'm sure both of those guys will land on their feet.

April 4, 2018 @ 11:14 AM

For what it's worth, I wasn't going to bring up Andy's dismissal during this episode.

April 4, 2018 @ 11:15 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Back finishing this episode after a two day break (my brother and sister-in-law were in town
from Kingston). Great shout-out to Ratt's "Way Cool Jr.!!" Loved the horns on that track.
The Top 10 at 10 was a fantastic place to discover new rock music, a throwback lesson that
perhaps the formerly mighty q would be smart to remember in this time of great (local) radio
upheaval .

April 5, 2018 @ 4:23 PM

A shame

Damn shame, Al and Andy are great and true personalities, and will be missed. Q in the toilet now, blow it up. Morning show robojocked and unlistenable. Derringer contract almost up (2020) but change needed sooner. And jeez if cost cutting is the mantra why hire Jenn V.?

April 5, 2018 @ 4:46 PM

stephen in niagara

Will be paying close attention to where Al lands his next gig.

April 7, 2018 @ 2:14 PM

Ric O'Shea

I say bring back Pete n Geets for the mornings and track down Rainer Gauge for the overnight show . . .

May 27, 2018 @ 5:00 PM