Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 314: Darren Dreger

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 314In this 314th episode, Mike chats with TSN's Darren Dreger about his years at Sportsnet and crossing the parking lot to work at TSN. This episode is exactly 1:36:10.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Darren Dreger and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Urooj Islam

I will never forget when TSN poached Dreger from Sportsnet, it was the front page/main story on TSN.ca!

March 16, 2018 @ 2:33 PM

brad

That was amazing. He told you everything. Great guest, and great questions.

March 16, 2018 @ 4:17 PM

dale

Mike, you've had most of personalities from TSN on your Podcast & all have been great.
You're missing 1 notable - Noodles, Jamie McLennan who is great as an analyst for NHL games & next could be Kyprios from Sportsnet hearing his story playing in NHL winning the Stanley Cup & his time with the Leafs.
Keep it up.

March 16, 2018 @ 4:41 PM

Mike H

Great interview Mike,
Been a long time listener and you've really come a long way. The podcasts are professional quality and I'm a huge fan. I admire that you are following your passion and don't know how you juggle this with 4 kids, a full time job and all the biking! Very impressive! Keep it up!

March 16, 2018 @ 6:20 PM

Chris

Excellent podcast! Great insight. So glad I saw this link on Twitter.

March 16, 2018 @ 7:12 PM

Mike

Honey Pie - The Beatles.

March 16, 2018 @ 8:36 PM

Gonzo

FIrst time listener because Dregs tweeted the link.

Now I'm going to go back and listen to Duthie and Bobby Mac. This was great.

What other ones should I check out?

March 16, 2018 @ 8:50 PM

Cherry pick an ep from here and enjoy!

If you're looking for a solid and recent sports media ep, listen to the Stephen Brunt one.

And thanks for listening!

March 16, 2018 @ 9:03 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Gonzo? As in the radio host?

March 17, 2018 @ 12:44 AM

Or maybe the muppet!

March 17, 2018 @ 8:20 AM

Irv

On the topic of TSN, etc......

For the few week or so in the hospital, I did not have my phone or my computer so I was forced to watch TV. I don't watch TV much, but I put on the sports channel because it was superior to everything else.

I have to say the quality of the whole sports ecosystem has really gone downhill since I watched sports regularly in the 90's. You can see they've cut back and rely more on technology to carry them than people. It lacks something. Gotta be tough to be in these guys positions and try to carry things forward in a cheapen broadcasting ecosystem

March 17, 2018 @ 1:29 PM

hilly

This was fantastic. Thank you.

March 18, 2018 @ 10:22 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Again, I always enjoy these sports media episodes because I learn so much about a world that is
very foreign to me: SPORTS!! I also appreciated that Darren's jam pick was not the typical KOTJ track
from that particular band (in most cases), but then that legacy track also reared its overplayed
head again(Thanks, Mike!!) Bonus points to your guest for also mentioning The Outfield as another of
his '80s favourites!

March 19, 2018 @ 4:56 PM

Jason from Sudbury

I enjoyed this episode. Not a journey fan but Separate Ways is actually the one song that I don't mind from them and that I will actually listen to if I hear it.

March 19, 2018 @ 7:37 PM