Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 307: Alan Cross Kicks Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 307In this 307th episode, Mike and Alan Cross catch up before they play and discuss his ten favourite songs. This episode is exactly 1:47:44.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Alan Cross and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Very interesting photo!! Wonder what's caught Alan's fancy in that shot?!?

February 21, 2018 @ 4:11 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Think that Mr. Cross meant to name that Miles Davis album as "Kind of Blue." 'Blue in
Green' is a track on that particular album!!

February 21, 2018 @ 4:33 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Well worth the wait!!! Loved the emphasis on drum-heavy tracks!! Personal faves are tracks
3, 4, 7, and 9. Almost felt like it was sacrilegious when track 7 was interrupted by commentary
mid-stream, but at least the epic last several minutes of that song got to play out in all their eternal
glory!!

February 21, 2018 @ 5:38 PM

markosaar

So that was fucking amazing ... but not surprising since Mr. Cross was directly and indirectly (by influencing older brothers as well) responsible for roughly half my taste in music. I will have to give a couple classic bands more of a shot though.

Trying to not be overly spoilery for the people that care, but the point Alan made about that britpop band's instrumental closing the album had been kind of lost on me. I had grown up with the North American version of the CD which included a couple of awesome bonus tracks. But it does close with a different 10 minute epic.

I'll now make a point of listening to my vinyl copy to experience it as intended.

February 21, 2018 @ 6:59 PM

Beatts

Are him and Brian Gerstein brothers ? They look a lot alike from that picture

February 22, 2018 @ 7:50 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Not that anyone else cares besides me, but I meant to include track 6 amongst my personal
faves instead of song number 7.

February 22, 2018 @ 9:46 AM

Here's a taste of the gold in this episode.

February 22, 2018 @ 3:29 PM

Anony Mouse

HA! He's right. I just turned 60 & every cent I made in the 70's and early 80's went into my stereo and vinyl. I've bought countless amps and receivers since then but my system remains a 2 channel, 2.0 system, as they should be. A tasty KOTJ.

February 22, 2018 @ 5:30 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Looking forward to cueing this up Monday!

February 25, 2018 @ 8:51 PM