Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 306: Keegan Matheson Kicks Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 306In this 306th episode, Mike chats with Keegan Matheson about his new venture Baseball Toronto and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Bo Bichette before they play and discuss his ten favourite songs. This episode is exactly 1:56:14.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Keegan Matheson and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery and Property in the 6ix

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Just two songs into the Jams section of the episode and have to admit that I didn't even realize
50 or so minutes went by before the tunes started!! Great conversation and very inspiring with
regards to hopefully making one's passion a viable career.

February 12, 2018 @ 5:11 PM

Yes, we had to #deepdive before we #kotj!

February 12, 2018 @ 5:12 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
But it is a great listen!! Baseball is basically the only sport that I have ever had any real
time for or an interest in!! That is, until Jai alai makes its long awaited comeback north of Florida!!!

February 12, 2018 @ 5:15 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

I had to Google Jai alai.

February 12, 2018 @ 7:41 PM

Urooj Islam

bsmntdwllr73 said it perfectly. I think you are finding the perfect balance between music/deep dive for these KOTJ episodes, last few have been absolutely fantastic.

Also, love some Classified, very underrated Canadian rapper.

February 12, 2018 @ 8:06 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Loved baseball as a kid, was a huge Expos fan, but then they had that strike in 94 and stopped the season. Thought the Expos were gonna win it that year. As a 12 year old who didn't know or understand something about this crap I simply lost interest. I was just pissed off that they stopped the season for the strike and my team got fucked over.

February 13, 2018 @ 9:26 AM

Stephanie

Sorry, I hope I don't get attacked again, I'm just asking a question.

Is there any non KOJT episodes coming up? Thanks

February 13, 2018 @ 12:32 PM

@Stephanie

The next episode, later this week, is all about The Horseshoe Tavern. We'll talk about the history, the legendary performers that have played there, the highlights of the 70 year old Toronto institution.

Admittedly, February is pretty KOTJ heavy.... Alan Cross and Steve Anthony drop by later this month to do some kickin'.

February 13, 2018 @ 1:38 PM

Stephanie

So the next three are all music based.

Ok then, thanks

February 13, 2018 @ 1:53 PM

@Stephanie

The first 45 minutes or so of the Steve Anthony episode will not be music based. Although I will play Corey Hart's Boy in the Box.

February 13, 2018 @ 2:01 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
The only reason that I am even aware of Jai alai is because I had a remainder book of sports
trivia when I was a kid and it was featured in the obscure sports section!! Also, my friend Doug
moved to Florida from Montreal at age 9, and he has had the great pleasure(!) of catching many
Jai alai matches in person (so envious, you have no idea. Typed completely with tongue in cheek!!!)

Looking forward to that Horseshoe Tavern-themed episode. That book was great. Have only
actually been there once for an obscure '90s band (Bare Jr., of edge 102.1-approved "You Blew
Me Off" infamy), but thought it was a great venue. Obscure bit of Toronto club scene trivia for
you: Back in the late fifties and early sixties, my grandparents owned the bowling alley that would
later go on to be transformed with great panache/renown into the Matador Club!

February 13, 2018 @ 2:39 PM

Stephanie

Mike

i really dont want to get into it because ill get attacked again, but like i said, 45 minutes really isn't what you do. its way to quick. Ill wait until theres a non music based podcast eventually. thanks.

February 13, 2018 @ 2:48 PM

John M.

I was in Miami last November and saw jai alai in person.

Great interview with Keegan and I wish him success with his new website.

February 13, 2018 @ 3:36 PM

Update: The Horseshoe Tavern episode has been postponed.

Working on Gord Stellick and Darren Dreger... also Richard Crouse and Gord Deppe.

February 14, 2018 @ 3:03 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Sorry to hear about the postponement of the Horseshoe Tavern episode. Not sure that your
basement is big enough for either Crouse's ego or hair, certainly not both!! Plus, he's quite
tall as well!!!