Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 300

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 300In this 300th episode, Mike tells a story and shares clips from listeners like you. This episode is exactly 48:44.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

300

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

markosaar

Congratufuckinglations!!

January 11, 2018 @ 2:51 PM

Rob J

Just stepping back into the TM universe for a sec to extend a hearty congratulations on reaching episode 310! (I obviously include the 10 YBS eps as canon)

January 11, 2018 @ 4:06 PM

@Rob J

Why'd you leave?

January 11, 2018 @ 4:07 PM

Sam in Pickering

Congrats on 300 episodes! I think I've heard every single one. As you've improved over the years, I've felt some pride.

I think it was after listening to the Strombo episode that I realized you're not only good at this, you're great at this, and you're much better today than you were then.

January 11, 2018 @ 4:24 PM

Beatts

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to Elvis not listening to this one. :)

January 11, 2018 @ 5:07 PM

@Beatts

I'm still stunned he listened to the Romanuk episode.

January 11, 2018 @ 5:08 PM

Beatts

I'm disappointed I didn't send you in an audio file! I blew my chance to bust your balls verbally :)

January 11, 2018 @ 5:33 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Congrats Mike!

January 11, 2018 @ 5:33 PM

Urooj Islam

Congrats again.

I'm disappointed how few regular commenters sent in clips, I only recall Rick C in Oakville and Al the Royal Pain.

I almost wish I sent in one doing a Cheryl impression.

January 11, 2018 @ 5:40 PM

Beatts

Urooj, by not sending one in you did a fantastic Cheryl impersonation.

Just tell Mike you couldn't find where to send it in...

;)

January 11, 2018 @ 5:42 PM

elvis

Congratulations Mike!

January 11, 2018 @ 5:56 PM

elvis

I've listened to the first seven minutes thus far and I will listen to the rest.

January 11, 2018 @ 5:56 PM

Beatts

Shit. I lost that bet...

January 11, 2018 @ 6:02 PM

Liz

@markosaar captured my exact thought!

Exceptionally well done, Mike.

I'm in 'Elvis territory' as far as listening goes, since I've only listened to a fraction of your podcasts. The ones I've heard, though? Loved them - a lot.

Here's to the next 300.

January 11, 2018 @ 7:16 PM

Sandra

Congratulations & keep up the good work.

January 11, 2018 @ 7:25 PM

Brian C

Mike:
Congratulations on your 300th episode!
Listened to most all of the podcasts, throughly enjoy the guests, and your banter back and forth.
Guess Anne Rohmer will have to wait to be in the 300's.........

Cheers

January 11, 2018 @ 8:10 PM

dale

Congrats Mike for 300 episodes.
Your blog has been great for soooo many years & check it out very frequently.
Keep it up Mike as you have been an inspiration to all of us commenters, especially myself.
Thanks Mike

January 11, 2018 @ 10:05 PM

Chuck99

Congrats on your 300th episode. I find it intriguing that the program seems to have morphed into a twice-weekly podcast.
I have no idea how you find the time to complete all these shows, but keep up the good work. Your efforts are appreciated by many.

January 12, 2018 @ 4:49 AM

@Chuck99

I'm actually trying to get it back to weekly for that exact reason.

So far, so good... we'll see how long that lasts. :)

January 12, 2018 @ 9:43 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Congratulations on 300 Mike! I feel like McCown is your white whale, and in your journey to try to book him, both you and your guests are getting better.

As I said in my message to you, here's to another 300!

January 12, 2018 @ 9:57 AM

Philly-Bob

I remember when you started these...congrats on 300 Mike, good for you!!!

January 12, 2018 @ 10:12 AM

Lyle Lanley

Mike, I listened at the very beginning, then disappeared for a while, but recently started binging what I'd missed and now I'm up to date. What a difference!

I tell all my friends that your show is the best radio in the city. My podcatcher has this description for your podcast. "It's authentic controlled chaos with a Toronto spin".

Perfect. Congrats on 300.

January 12, 2018 @ 2:44 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Congratulations on number 300! Great to hear a little bit about the humble origins of Toronto Mike!!
Sorry I was unable to record a celebratory message, but #1. The technical requirements were far too
advanced for a dude still rocking an off-brand cassette Walkman!! And #2., Sadly, I don't have a voice
suitable for radio, let alone pleasant enough to record a brief THANK YOU for all of your incredible dedication and thought-provoking work on this podcast!! Favourite episodes would undoubtedly
include the !2:36 and Retrontario appearances, as well as your phucking(!) funny camaraderie with
Elvis. Looking forward to 300 more shows and then some!!!!

January 12, 2018 @ 2:58 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

"Sadly, I don't have a voice suitable for radio"

If that was a prerequisite, I'd never get to episode #1.

January 12, 2018 @ 3:02 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Sir, you have the voice of any of the deep bass singers of any of the great Motown legends compared
to yours truly!! Although a gentleman recently approached me in the Hudson Bay Centre food court at the Tim Hortons kiosk and suggested that I should be on the radio!! Pretty damn sure that the remaining few(!) listeners to terrestrial radio will be unknowingly forever in my debt for this great
personal sacrifice!!

January 12, 2018 @ 3:08 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

How does your voice compare to the Alexanian Carpet gal?

January 12, 2018 @ 3:13 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Um, she probably has a more melodious voice than I do, unfortunately!!
I guess some of us (ME!!!) are just meant to remain faithful podcast commenters, and
to just leave the broadcasting to the homegrown professionals such as yourself!!

January 12, 2018 @ 3:20 PM

Anon&on

Great accomplishment!. I've always liked the randomness of the episode releases. I'm sure that breaks every rule of broadcasting but it works for me.
Nice voice message from Matt Cundill! I was going to ask (2 episodes ago) if you had a chance to listen to any of the 'radio experts' he's had on his podcast ( The Sound Off Podcast) talking about podcasting- always entertaining/cringeworthy. I always think of TO Mike'd when I hear radio experts giving podcasting advice.

You were a good podcast from episode 1. Interesting that the JT episode was was your signpost- that was completely happenstance as I recall. Keep doing it your way!

I was also going to ask if you had considered Jennifer Keesmaat as a guest (Invisable City, the other great TO podcast). I'd love to hear the two of you talking Toronto and bike paths and the livable city etc. Now I see the CBC has scooped her up as well as her new gig at UofT.

January 12, 2018 @ 9:05 PM

John M.

Congratulations Mike, I am a reasonably new listener to your podcast and i am loving it! Keep up the great guests.

January 13, 2018 @ 7:53 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

January 13, 2018 @ 9:59 AM

Andrew

Hey Mike,

Congrats on 300. I know what you've done since the beginning and I'm glad I've been able to be there with you whenever you needed audio advice.

When you first emailed me to ask for my help, allI said was that it has to sound good if my name was going to be associated with it. That's just how I do my job. I think we've achieved that, especially after reading all the tweets and messages.

As you know, I always love saying "No one cares about audio until they can't hear it!" and it's just so true. What the hell's the point of a podcast or any audio based program where you can't hear it.

Congrats my friend.... super proud of you.

Cheers,
Andrew

January 13, 2018 @ 9:02 PM

Jamally

LOL, I cant believe I referenced a Master T episode that doesn't exist. Get him on! CONGRATS:)

January 17, 2018 @ 6:21 PM

@Jamally

I tweeted about you praising an episode I never recorded and Master T replied to say he'd come on in 2018, so I owe you one!

January 17, 2018 @ 6:26 PM