Donnelly Rhodes, Dead at 80

Donnelly RhodesDonnelly Rhodes was 80. He was the actor best known for his roles as Sgt Nick Raitt on Sidestreet and Grant "Doc" Roberts on Danger Bay. He was also Dutch Leitner on Soap and Doctor Cottle on Battlestar Galactica.

Beatts

The wheel lands on $500 Jason what would you like to do?

"Pat, I'd like a T"

There's one T

"Pat I'd like to solve the puzzle. Donnelly Rhodes, Dead aT 80"

*Applause

January 9, 2018 @ 4:00 PM

@Beatts

Now your comment makes no sense!

January 9, 2018 @ 4:15 PM

Beatts

Sent you the screenshot on twitter! :)

January 9, 2018 @ 5:20 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Always loved the theme music from Danger Bay. Ocean Hellman was a true fox back in the day!!
The very special episode with Alfie Zappacosta was a personal favourite growing up! Oh, and Donnelly Rhodes was great as the convict Dutch on Soap. His terrific portrayal of R.J. Williams on Street Legal
was also top notch!!

January 9, 2018 @ 5:41 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Sampled recently by our very own Classified!

January 9, 2018 @ 5:48 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Not too shabby, but I much prefer his earlier interpolation of Genesis's "No Reply At All" on
"Anybody Listening." But at least the royalties remain at home with this tune!!!

January 9, 2018 @ 5:51 PM

Blind Dave

Surprised he was 80, even though I remember him from soap.

RIP.

January 9, 2018 @ 7:55 PM

WCI

He played a great part as the doctor on BattleStar Galactica a few years back. It was a secondary role, but he did the part very well

January 10, 2018 @ 11:04 AM

RIck

Loved him on Sidestreet. Wish we could see more episodes of this fine program.

January 10, 2018 @ 12:55 PM

Don B. Adams

Not to forget his fine work on Da Vinci's Inquest.

January 11, 2018 @ 2:55 PM

chuck99

I am one of the few people who was not surprised to learn he was 80, because I remember him playing a country singer in a movie called The Hard Part Begins, which the CBC aired many years ago. Its depiction of a singer and his band and its struggles to make a living on the road seemed ground-breaking at the time, Although I am sure the movie would still be entertaining today, it would likely seem less original knowing what we now know of the difficulties that entertainers have making a living in Canada.

January 12, 2018 @ 4:32 AM