10,512.68 KMs Biked in 2017!

In 2012, I biked a grand total of 214 KM. They were my first kilometres in about 15 years.

I've managed to bike further every year since, and in 2017 I cleared 10,000 KM in a calendar year for the first time in my life. I love round number milestone targets like that.

Since I'm fairly confident I won't be biking today (it's -32 with the windchill as I type), I finished 2017 with precisely 10,512.68 KM cycled. I'm proud of that figure, but mostly I'm proud to have gone from 214 KM to over 10,000 KM in five years.

Here's the tale of the tape.

2017 Biking

bike-by-month

Urooj Islam

Whoa, that's an insanely high number especially considering the weather related conditions you have to deal with when biking consistently in Toronto.

Going for 12,000 KM in 2018?

Either way, hell of an achievement. Keep it up.

December 31, 2017 @ 12:16 PM

@Urooj Islam

My target for 2018 is 10,000 KM. I simply don't have time to gun for 12,000 KM.

I bike just about every lunch, and in the summer I'm biking with the teenagers to destinations like soccer practice and soccer games and just about anywhere else we have to go. And if it's just me going somewhere. like a concert or sporting event or even the grocery store, I always bike.

So 10,000 in 2018 would be amazing. :)

December 31, 2017 @ 12:35 PM

Oh yes... and with the bike trailer to do lots of summer evening rides and weekend rides with the two little ones. So it's not just rides with the teenagers. :)

December 31, 2017 @ 12:36 PM

@James Edgar

New year knobbin! pic.twitter.com/9Kcyb9Z873

— Toronto Mike (@torontomike) January 1, 2018
January 1, 2018 @ 2:52 PM

elvis

Thank goodness you posted this otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

January 1, 2018 @ 7:01 PM

@elvis

If I don't post this, I won't be able to reference it quickly in ten years!

January 1, 2018 @ 7:11 PM

Urooj Islam

I love the unintentional meme Alex Pierson created. #bikeTO should be #KnobbinTO or #KnobTO in 2018.

I hope it lives on for a while and I don't even bike.

January 1, 2018 @ 8:12 PM

@Urooj Islam

I've started tweeting pics of wintery rides just to use the hashtag #knob.

January 1, 2018 @ 8:18 PM