Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 277: Elvis

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 277In this 277th episode, Mike chats with Elvis chat about seeing Guns N' Roses the previous night, the death of Gord Downie and more. This episode is exactly 1:52:16.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Elvis and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

Looking forward to listening to this.

October 30, 2017 @ 3:56 PM

Urooj Islam

Come on, Elvis, it's almost November. Time to grow that homeless man/depression beard again.

Pumped for this episode!

October 30, 2017 @ 4:04 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Welcome Back Elvis, @ Urooj, too funny!

October 30, 2017 @ 8:07 PM

Blind Dave

Elvis has the same smile as Ruth Buzzi.

October 30, 2017 @ 9:41 PM

chris

Ruth Buzzi for sure. Elvis needs dental work. His teeth look like from a pumpkin on my street.
Good podcast

October 30, 2017 @ 11:00 PM

@chris

Out of curiosity, would you have made that comment directly to Elvis's face?

October 31, 2017 @ 8:26 AM

Beatts

@TorontoMike

Unrelated but for the record. When I said on your twitter "It's nice to see Frank DeAngelo in the Toronto Mike studios" I would say that to Frank's face.

October 31, 2017 @ 10:57 AM

@Beatts

Only because you're a scaring looking mofo.

October 31, 2017 @ 10:59 AM

mrmojorisinca

I have to agree about the standing, how?
stand man! dance if you want..show the band you want them there!

October 31, 2017 @ 1:53 PM

@mrmojorisinca

I've never sat for the headliner. Not once.

October 31, 2017 @ 1:57 PM

mrmojorisinca

I only rest during encores :)

however I do sit during sporting events.

October 31, 2017 @ 2:04 PM

@mrmojorisinca

Unless there's two outs and two strikes on the visiting batter... then I might stand for the inning ending K!

October 31, 2017 @ 2:12 PM

Irvine

How come Elvis gets a podcast and I don't?

As for Elvis, I think he looks a lot like a character from the Sopranos. Is Pete Fowler around? Is this guy in the PROS database? Do OPP even have access to the PROS database?

Dear God, I just realized all the trolls on this forum have disappeared without warning. I'm NEXT !

October 31, 2017 @ 5:03 PM

Urooj Islam

That discussion about that anonymous woman's age was fascinating.

I'm always curious about what kind of age make up you get in the crowd at these 1980s/1990s headliner act shows.

You guys are in your early 40s so it makes perfect sense that you'd be huge GNR fans as Appetite for Destruction and Use your Illusion 1 and 2 hit you at an impressionable age and within a very short period of time. However, with anyone younger than say 35 or older than 55, I'm always surprised when they are huge GNR fans.

October 31, 2017 @ 9:11 PM

markosaar

@Irvine,

Start your own? I'd listen!

October 31, 2017 @ 10:20 PM

mrmojorisinca

I SUPPOSE IT ALL depends on sporting events..
I've been to a few TFC games, in the supporters section you have to stand otherwise you can see :)
in the stands, if you stand you generally going to be blocking 98% of people .

I've only seen the leafs a couple times and now ever ever stands there..
and Baseball never been (sorry scratch that been once for 3 inning's) also everyone was seated.
but baseball fans heckle :)

November 1, 2017 @ 8:45 AM

@mrmojorisinca

You're absolutely right, when Elvis gives me his second ticket to catch a match in the supporters section, we all stand for the entire 90+ minutes.

November 1, 2017 @ 8:50 AM

Roshan

GnR would have been wonderful to attend if they played anywhere near me. GnR Lies was an ep but at 8 songs and 33 mins it was so short. One ep and 4 extra songs added, if I am correct. Elvis, you should go and watch I Mother Earth & Finger Eleven. Both are awesome.

I wasn't a fan of Prince but he was an icon from the 80s and I was affected slightly. George Michael a bit more. Gordie passing away - we knew it was coming but it still hard. But the only time I was devastated and tears came out for the death of a musicians was when Blues great Jeff Healey died. Cancer is terrible.

November 1, 2017 @ 12:17 PM

The Voice of Reason

@Mike

Irvine is begging to be on the podcast, I am sure if he was on you would ask one question and the rambling would carry the show for the next 90 minutes.

November 1, 2017 @ 12:42 PM

Irvine

@Markosaar

I had my own radio show for about 6 years, and ran a couple of online radio stations at one point. Truth is I just have no interest in broadcasting anymore & I want to spend my free time doing something else. There are a couple of stations that I could do a show on but..meh. I love new music, but I'm not sure radio is the best way to introduce it to the world anymore.

If I really spoke of the work I did over the past 5 years, that would make for one interesting podcast. Problem is...much is confidential. Besides, Mike is scared of me lol

November 1, 2017 @ 12:44 PM

Irvine

Actually VOR, I'm not. My workload, homework, the gym, and family stuff = no time.

November 1, 2017 @ 12:51 PM

cmon mike

noone lisens to ur friken podcast

November 1, 2017 @ 1:51 PM

@cmon mike

Such a brave comment... right up there with your other gems, like that time you spammed my site with your hate of Coffee Crisp.

Please feel free to continue not listening to my podcast.

November 1, 2017 @ 2:27 PM

markosaar

We just got called "noone" :(

November 1, 2017 @ 3:26 PM

@markosaar

Maybe he means the lead singer of this band listens.

November 1, 2017 @ 3:29 PM

off with his head

re: .. like that time you spammed my site with your hate of Coffee Crisp.

total BS. Coffee Crisp is the best chocolate bar.

November 1, 2017 @ 4:27 PM

The Voice of Reason

@Irv

No worries. I totally get the no time situation. You have to learn to ease up and not be so serious all the time.

November 1, 2017 @ 8:13 PM

Freedom 55

Newstalk 1010 GLB beer?

November 2, 2017 @ 12:53 PM

@Freedom 55

Here's a video about the 1010 folks brewing beer at GLB. I dropped by that day, but you won't find me in the video. :)

November 2, 2017 @ 3:25 PM

Irv

Fact

GLB initially had it's brewery on Clark Blvd in Brampton. They used to sell these 1 litre green jugs of beer. I may well have been one of their first customers.

November 2, 2017 @ 4:40 PM

Freedom 55

I hope GLB remembers who put them on the map.

November 2, 2017 @ 9:20 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Great show!! Loved the Band of Horses snippet! Must chime in on the topic of my fave
Led Zeppelin albums: "Houses of the Holy" and "Presence". The former because it is so
different from the previous album, and the latter because it was recorded under very-trying
circumstances and just rocks like a mofo!!

November 4, 2017 @ 11:06 AM

Liz

Yes, just two guys sitting around shooting the shit - and, it was excellent! I always enjoy when Elvis is in the house.

@Mike - when you were asking Elvis which episodes of your podcast he's listened to - and which ones he might listen to - his responses were hilarious - no, no, no and a hard no. Got to love the honesty! Made me laugh.

November 7, 2017 @ 5:43 PM