Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 256: Fred Patterson Kicks Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 256In this 256th episode, Mike and Fred Patterson play and discuss his ten favourite songs. This episode is exactly 1:31:58.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Fred Patterson and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery and Property in the 6ix

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike,
Isn't this supposed to be a Kick Out The Jams episode? Instead, the first
half hour is more a Kick Out The Jams/Jocks sports gabfest! I know, I know,
I could fast-forward through to the music if I wanted to. I kid because I love!!

August 2, 2017 @ 1:12 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

It's worth the wait. We just had a little catching up to do off the top. :)

August 2, 2017 @ 2:25 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike,
It was a great show once the music kicked in! While I don't agree with Mr. Patterson's
dismissal of heavier rock music (totally his prerogative), I can't fault his choices in
Crowded House, Cat Stevens, and Hall and Oates (who definitely phone it in live
these days!). And another thing: you were both absolutely correct that "In My Life"
is in the top ten of all Beatles tracks, top three if you ask me (but you didn't!!).

August 2, 2017 @ 2:25 PM

Mike

Come and Get Your Love was on the Guardians of the Galaxy (not the sequel (2) out now)), one of the best "puts a smile on your face" soundtracks since Almost Famous. Great choices Freddy.

August 4, 2017 @ 5:15 PM

andrew

Great podcast Mike.

Imagine should be the ultimate song for everyone on Earth.
Imagine if John Lennon was still alive today, not just for music but for WORLD PEACE.
Freddie P I agree with your comments on this song.

August 4, 2017 @ 6:05 PM

Liz

Again Mike, another beauty instalment. Really enjoyed it! This is a tremendous format - love the narrative that accompanies the jam choices.

And, of course, Snow Removal Machine! Love that, too.

You know what a big Freddie P fan I am - so it was neat to hear his picks and thoughts.

Eager to hear Stafford's upcoming episode - that's going to be full value - no doubt about it. By the way, there was some noise on Twitter about Mike having a finish line for his time on-air (unless I misinterpreted the comments). There was something said by Mike during one of his shows, apparently. I don't get to listen anymore so I didn't hear anything first-hand.

This format certainly provides your listeners a unique glimpse into each person you invite to 'kick out the jams'.

Well done, Mike and Freddie P!

August 6, 2017 @ 6:18 PM

@Liz

Thanks!

Ivar Hamilton kicks out the jams next.... it drops Tuesday morning!

August 6, 2017 @ 8:28 PM

Beatts

Finally getting around to listening to this episode.

Enjoyed it until Mike got all "judgey" besmirching Back in Black... ;) jk

I have no issues with Fred but from what I hear he wasn't too well liked in the Peterborough area when he apparently gave the shaft to the Wolf morning show with Jay and Alana. That show was VERY well liked and that decision didn't sit too well. I wasn't a big listener of the Wolf because you could only hear "Everybody's working for the weekend" or Kim Mitchell's "Lager and Ale" so many times.

August 8, 2017 @ 9:28 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Like Liz, I am a big fan of H&F, but nice to hear Freddie P on his own, and his music pics:
Enjoyed the side bar conversation on Snow Removal machine, as I did recall a version with someone (sounds like a neighbour yelling at "Patterson"?) in the original. Would love a copy of that version for my Ipod, as I tend to have this song in my head when out snow blowing in the winter.

August 11, 2017 @ 9:27 PM

Freddie P.

@Beatts - Seriously? If that show had been VERY well liked, do you think I would have put an end to it? I may look stupid, but I ain't that stupid... and just to be clear, Alana continued on as co-host

August 14, 2017 @ 8:56 PM