Sunrise in Toronto

My oldest daughter turned 13 today. She wanted to start the day before dawn with a short ride to the waterfront to watch the sun rise.

We got up at 5:30 am and watched the sun come up. It was spectacular, and I took some great pics.

Here's a few of them.

Toronto sunrise

20170729_061142_HDR

Fire in the sky

My shutterbug

Faunie

A spectacular sunrise to celebrate the birthday of a beautiful young lady!
Happy Birthday Michelle.

July 29, 2017 @ 8:54 PM

Anonymous

Juuuuust enough room to install "New" in front of "Toronto"

July 29, 2017 @ 10:12 PM

Steve

It's fantastic that your daughter still wants spend time with you. Cherish these memories and when it's her birthday drop whatever you are doing and spend time with her cause she's getting older and in no time her B-Days will be spent with her friends or the man in her life. I know we have a absolutely gorgeous daughter and that's what's been the case for the last few years, but she's very thoughtful that at some point during the evening we always get this face time(I think that's what it's called) from her no matter where she's at or who she's with to let us know that she's thinking about us and we always get this "I wish you guys were here, then there's the introductions to her friends as she shows them on the camera and the "oh you remember so and so" sometimes we do other times my wife and I are who was that did we meet them. This is why I say cherish these times as long as you can, cause you'll get to see her a few days because or a few days after the B-Day but on the day of, oh well they pretty much out of the question. This is a lot longer than I intended, thanks for reading and "Have a Very Happy Birthday Michelle, and try to remember to include your parents on your B-Day later on when you're spending that day with your friends, or your boyfriend, the way my daughter does it makes us very happy. Enjoy sweetie.

July 29, 2017 @ 10:34 PM

Urooj Islam

Damn, it's beautiful that early in the morning during the summer.

Great pictures.

July 29, 2017 @ 10:35 PM

James Edgar

Joyeaux Aniversaire Michele from France , I hope we celebrate Morgan's 13th in a couple of months in as cool a way as you have

July 30, 2017 @ 6:59 AM

@Anonymous

But it's in Mimico! :)

July 30, 2017 @ 1:41 PM

Beatts

Beautiful pics! Happy belated birthday fellow Leo! (Mine was the 27th)

July 30, 2017 @ 2:46 PM

Mike in EY

Nice pics. Judging from the depth of field, taken with a phone and not a real camera?

July 30, 2017 @ 4:14 PM

Anonymous

@TM

Haha! I was close, though (I think)

July 30, 2017 @ 4:23 PM

@Mike in EY

Yes, all shots taken with my Android phone.

July 30, 2017 @ 7:06 PM

@Beatts

Happy belated birthday to you!

July 30, 2017 @ 7:50 PM

Beatts

Thanks Mike!

July 31, 2017 @ 8:02 AM

Roshan

Beautiful pics Mike. And belated happy birthday to the young lady.

August 1, 2017 @ 11:57 AM

Anonymous

I went down to the lake this morning to see this sign. I couldn't find it. Where exactly is it? Thanks. The Humber Bay shores area is a mess with construction.

August 1, 2017 @ 5:13 PM

@Anonymous

I talk about where you'll find the sign and include a map here: http://www.torontomike.com/2017/07/humber_bay_driftwood_sign_for_toro.html

It's just west of the Humber Bay Arch Bridge.... if you hit Eden Trattoria, you've gone too far.

August 1, 2017 @ 6:06 PM

Anonymous

Found it today. Thanks. Great to see. Well done to the artists!

August 2, 2017 @ 11:24 PM

Robert Confiant

I live in Vancouver now, but I forgot how beautiful the waterfront of Lake Ontario can be. It is a marvelous scene.

Some days, I miss home.

August 5, 2017 @ 12:16 PM

NG

Nice pictures. I personally think Toronto needs to do more to provide more accessible high spots, such as rooftop bars and observations decks.

March 23, 2018 @ 3:29 PM