Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 247: Siobhan Morris Kicks Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 247In this 247th episode, Mike and Siobhan play and discuss her ten favourite songs. This episode is exactly 1:07:00.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Siobhan Morris and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery and Property in the 6ix

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

Well this obviously is my favorite episode ever.. ;)

June 28, 2017 @ 10:24 PM

chuck99

Since I live in the Niagara Peninsula, I enjoyed her first appearance on your podcast because she got her start in the news business in St. Catharines. I also thought it was nice of her to come on the show at a time when you had fewer big name guests. I look forward to listening to this episode.

June 29, 2017 @ 12:26 AM

James Edgar

Listening now. Great list so far and thanks for the intro to Patty Griffin I'll be following that up for sure.

Wheat Kings could be my hip pick on my Top 10.

As for new Orleans is sinking From Wikipedia ". The most famous such version, subtitled "Killer Whale Tank", appeared as a B-side on the band's 1991 CD single for "Long Time Running"; in it, Downie improvises an extended story about working as a cleaner in the killer whale tank at an aquarium." also one of my all time favourites.

June 29, 2017 @ 8:50 AM

James Edgar

Loved the list. I'm certainly in the "I can't keep up with new music club" and have now added the Constantines ( I know not new by any means but not on my radar) and Joel Plaskett.

As well as previously mentioned Patty Griffin.

That Joan Osborne track is one that i love too . She has an amazing voice and I love hearing her.

June 29, 2017 @ 9:28 AM

markosaar

In my mid-to-late 20s I started having trouble picking up new music. Felt I was way too young for that however and made a concerted effort to branch out. Still going strong since then!

It's gotten so damn easy though with Spotify Discover, their recommendation engine. Every week I get a new 2.5 hour playlist of music I'll probably like.

I used to trawl the Allmusic.com guide and Last.fm recommendations, but it's automatic and just works so well for me.

June 29, 2017 @ 12:02 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Hey Mike, another great guest and a fascinating selection of tunes but I'm
curious abut one thing: Is it just me, or is there a discrepancy between the
length of the episode as listed and its actually running time (about 13 minutes
or so?).

June 29, 2017 @ 12:16 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Good eye!

This episode is exactly 1:07. I remember thinking "It's too bad Siobhan isn't on Q107!"

June 29, 2017 @ 12:17 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Thanks for the prompt response!

June 29, 2017 @ 12:28 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

I'm filing that discrepancy under H for Human Error.

June 29, 2017 @ 12:30 PM

bsmntdwllr73

For a one man operation your batting average is pretty damn good, and
I'm not even remotely a fan of sports!!

June 29, 2017 @ 12:34 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

June 29, 2017 @ 12:54 PM

bsmntdwllr73

I wasn't commenting on Toronto Mike's sports-media heavy playlist, I was merely
noting your site's relatively few errors. I'm a complete technical luddite or I'd be
attempting to do my own podcast thing! Either way, your passion project has
provided me with endless hours of entertainment and information over the last
year or so!

June 29, 2017 @ 1:00 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Ohhhhh! Haha... see how defensive I've become? The sports fans want more sports media personalities and the non-sports fans want more guests from other segments.

Thanks for listening! You're my new favourite person!

June 29, 2017 @ 1:04 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Thanks for the compliment, I'm not exactly rolling in real-world approval!
At the end of the day it is your website and your project, so the only master
you should be serving is yourself (and your sponsors, of course!). Although I am
not what one would call a sports enthusiast by any known stretch of the imagination,
I always manage to find points of interest in the sports-heavy episodes that I choose
to listen to. However, I must admit that this new series is my absolute favourite thing
that I've heard on here. Hopefully future guests will further stir the musical emotions of
the more conservative-listening segment of your audience!!

June 29, 2017 @ 1:10 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

I'm with you, I just love these Kick Out the Jams episodes. It's made it awfully tough to record just once a week. Maybe I should record one regular episode and one KOTJ episode every week.

June 29, 2017 @ 1:39 PM

Beatts

Not to nit pick but....

On the very next post you make after explaining your human error...

"I've been trying to diversity the guests so it's not as sports media heavy. Next up: Ziggy Lorenc!"

"diversity" lol :) as opposed to diversify

On a positive note, your new birthday shorts are killer and Siobhan is cute as hell ;)

June 29, 2017 @ 2:43 PM

Beatts

This is going to reflect glowingly on my next unpaid intern wage review.

June 29, 2017 @ 3:48 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Nice selection of music, you can tell with her father's influence she didn't listen to a lot of top 40.
Funny I had heard of Joel Plaskett over the years, but never really heard any of his music.

June 29, 2017 @ 10:45 PM

Liz

Siobhan is smart and adorable! Loved this one, too!

July 10, 2017 @ 1:18 PM

MrTwister

Great to bring in a different generation for new sounds and perspective. I don't want to hear rush (and toto!) fans repeatedly and this chick brings it even if it was not my cuppa tea. Her dad's acknowledged influence was also an interesting backdrop. Never heard a millennial drop Velvet Underground into the conversation before.

July 10, 2017 @ 2:59 PM