Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 220: Greg Brady

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 220In this 220th episode, Mike chats with The Fan 590 morning show host Greg Brady about being bumped from mornings for Dean Blundell, losing his job and coming all the way back with Elliott Price and Hugh Burrill. This episode is exactly 1:29:44.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Greg Brady and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Glasgow Megasnake

Sorry, I can't listen to this podcast. Whenever I am subjected to this pantload when the Fan is on at work, I feel like punching my arse in the face. No frigging way will this be getting downloaded willingly.

February 23, 2017 @ 12:10 PM

@Glasgow Megasnake

You're permitted to skip this episode. For those who can stomach Greg Brady, this episode is pretty good.

February 23, 2017 @ 1:46 PM

Chris

Just finished listening. Excellent show, really enjoyed it.

February 23, 2017 @ 3:11 PM

Seanny P

Really good answers to not-easy questions. Mike, you called it a "happy ending" and it sounds like Brady is a different cat than a few years ago when there was a bit more bravado. Extremely gracious about how he handled knowing the axe was coming from Rogers, and despite the fact the TSN thing as he noted was a big mistake, sounds like he never gave up hope the morning show could come back to him.

Very gracious stuff about Andrew Walker, too. I was a big Brady and Walker fan, and at first instinct would have liked to see them reunited given how (now unanimously) crazy it seemed to plug Blundell into a sports format, but after listening to Brady tout his new partner, kinda neat to have Brady in the morning, and be able to listen to Walker (on podcast for me) that afternoon. I'm not a McCowan guy. A little too young for what he does.

Those were two big interviews this week for sports radio fans, Mike. Neither guy disappointed!

February 23, 2017 @ 6:57 PM

Alex

So glad Greg is back in the morning. Can't wait. Will help audiences quickly forget the Blundell experiment. Brady is clearly a sports fan, with well-thought out opinions that are entertaining. Welcome back!

February 24, 2017 @ 9:16 PM

Urooj Islam

Toronto's #1 source for Detroit sports talk is back on the airwaves!

February 24, 2017 @ 11:37 PM

Gary M

The photo looks like the end of a segment of VH1 Bands Reunited. "The first two members of Haircut 100 are in. But can they get keyboard player Ian Mooring??"

February 25, 2017 @ 1:51 PM

Nebojša

The guy didn't say one genuine thing in the entire hour and a half. Stuck to the corporate-friendly talking points & cliches and just kept repeating them ad nauseam.

I known it's not your style to probe and push back much, Mike, and you don't want to scare off potential future guests, but, honestly, you gotta roast 'em a little when they're on a short corporate leash like this guy and they answer every other question with a version of "I love this company and would do nothing to hurt it and I want everyone who works for this company to be successful".

February 25, 2017 @ 7:57 PM

Pete

I couldn't help but chuckle as I was getting deeper into listening to this today. Timing was perfect because yesterday on the radio he was railing on a P.K. Subban interview where it was all about "I, me, my." Ummm...that's the exact same way he was referring to himself through this whole podcast.

March 3, 2017 @ 1:53 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Good episode. i enjoyed it.

March 10, 2017 @ 9:21 AM