Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 214: Josh Holliday

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 214In this 214th episode, Mike chats with Josh Holliday about his three tours of duty at 102.1 the Edge and his new podcast. This episode is exactly 1:52:42.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Josh Holliday and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Irvine

Toronto Mike Retweeted
Rob Gaudette @RobGaudette
@torontomike I enjoyed working with Josh and always felt he got fucked over when he was let go in...2003? Can't wait to listen to this episode. #EdgeDays

Much the same when X92.9 let him go in 2008. His ratings were proof of that.

Happy Australian Day. #TripleJ #BanffAB #RadioIsForThe90s

January 27, 2017 @ 11:39 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Hey Irvine. It's been a while. Where've you been hiding?

January 27, 2017 @ 11:42 PM

Irvine

@Jason From Sudbury.

I only commented because Josh is a guy I truly respect as an entertainer.

As for my participation, his blog was interesting at one time but all it is now is endless shill & self promotion of the moderators podcast. Or it's a never ending trip down memory lane about some icon from the past that is long gone and won't come back. It's SOWNY but with a white background.

./exitblog

January 29, 2017 @ 1:57 AM

Every episode of the podcast is an entry. I make no apologies for that. That's by design, as I consider the podcast an extension of the blog.

As for all other entries (other than the weekly Open Mike), I just write what I feel like writing. There's no strategy or plan. There's no clickbait or hot take designed to get more comments. I write what I feel like writing and if people want to comment, that's cool. I'm good either way.

January 29, 2017 @ 8:46 AM

Irvine

Look no further than your Ingrid S post Mike. You introduce the topic by reminding us she visited your house and was on your podcast. The story is about her, not about you. If you insist on marketing your podcast, then create a note at the bottom of the post & remind people you interviewed her with a link. I believe you took feedback from people a while ago and that was mentioned.

As for the rest of my reply, I responded to Jason from Sudbury why I don't take part here anymore. I'm just not interested in all things media or walking down memory lane about it. Yeah, I was a big fan of CFNY and CING. They were great stations. CITY TV was a great TV station. MUCH Music was pretty awesome too. But those days are over and I've no interest in reminiscing endlessly about something that's no longer around. I want what is new & now. And that's not discussed on this blog so I don't take part in it.

Now, I'm not saying you should change. It's your blog. I'm saying that's why I don't read or comment anymore.

January 29, 2017 @ 6:57 PM

Derek

Keep doing what you love Mike and do it any way you like. Harmless freedom of expression is a good thing. It's your space after all and we're just visiting.

D

February 1, 2017 @ 2:30 PM

Irvine

Is that you Derek? The same Derek that fucked up a legal trial? It's all comedy. #yo.

February 2, 2017 @ 2:36 AM

Derek

Yes Irvine. Would you like to discuss this off forum? dwelsman@newcap.ca.

February 2, 2017 @ 4:08 PM

Jody Thornton

Did we ever find out who let Josh go on the second tour of Edge duty?

February 4, 2017 @ 7:59 PM

@Jody Thornton

I get the tours mixed up, but wasn't that Stu Myers? Or maybe that was the third tour of duty....

February 4, 2017 @ 8:17 PM

Jody Thornton

It's a good podcast. :)

February 4, 2017 @ 8:44 PM

Michael Hum

Cool. btw - I have a CFNY jacket. Circa '90 or '91.

February 9, 2017 @ 8:20 PM