Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 212: Jesse and Gene

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 212In this 212th episode, Mike chats with Jesse Dylan and Gene Valaitis about their years on Toronto radio as Jesse and Gene, what they've been up to since and what's next for the duo. This episode is exactly 1:09:38.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

jesseandgene

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

Jesse and Gene were just a little before my time but I still enjoyed the podcast. They had lots of cool stories, that book should be interesting.

January 12, 2017 @ 9:22 AM

Derek

I am proud to say I was a "Dork of the Day" on their show during their run at AM 640. Such an honour!! :-)

January 12, 2017 @ 10:12 AM

Nick P

I was listening to Jesse when he was at the Team 1050 when the plane hit the tower on 911.
that's where i heard it first

January 12, 2017 @ 12:50 PM

Miker

Never met Jesse but Gene is a standup fella. Even when he offered me a news job at Q for less money....but "you'd be working for Q-107!". Also known as the "Slaight" premium. :)

January 12, 2017 @ 1:43 PM

Anonymous

Gene worked at Team 1050. Followed Mike Richards and Romy in the morning. Middays with Henny....10-12 IIRC. At which time Jim Rome took over until JVH took over with Brunt for the drive home.

January 12, 2017 @ 7:46 PM

Anonymous

Geets was the Head Engineer at CHUM at the time. Built the TEAM studios which included his signature "Mickey Mouse figurine" placed between panes in the studio glass. True story. Production guru Doug Thompson will attest.

January 12, 2017 @ 7:50 PM

Phil

The great thing about Jesse and Gene is they have always remained true to type. A couple of great radio characters. Another good one Mike.

January 13, 2017 @ 2:25 PM

Derek

Geets' Mickey Mouse was between the 2 panes of glass that separated my studio and the talk booth when Corus was at 1 Dundas West. I had forgotten about that until just now.

D

January 13, 2017 @ 2:47 PM

Al The Royal Pain

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Way too short! Is it just me or does Gene sound a LOT like Fred from H&F? Great episode, one of my favourites!

January 13, 2017 @ 4:04 PM

@Al The Royal Pain

Very similar cadence and tone, Fred and Gene. I noticed it right away.

January 13, 2017 @ 4:06 PM

the brother

I still have a cassette recording of when I won $1000 one wintery afternoon on CFTR circa 1989!

January 13, 2017 @ 11:47 PM

Ima Fakeologist

It was always a debate for me back in the day: who was less funny, Jesse, Gene, or Bro Jake?

They all have great radio voices, but none of them were at all interesting.

This brings back all those memories.

Mike, why do you allow so called broadcasters to use speakerphones in their bathrooms? This to me is just disrespect to you.

Thanks for trying.

January 19, 2017 @ 3:23 PM

Mark in Oshawa

Ok, it is May 5, 2017: where in the hell is the app Jesse Dylan?

May 5, 2017 @ 1:41 PM