What Happened to Mike Bullard and other Toronto Radio Changes at at 640 and 1010

Way back in 2003, Humble and Fred were the morning show on AM 640, only then it was called Mojo Radio. Humble and Fred were seduced by Mix 99.9 and gave notice, so AM 640 recruited John Oakley form rival CFRB and Oakley worked mornings on 640 ever since. Until now.

John Oakley is switching to the afternoon drive and is now heard on 640 from 4pm - 7pm. Taking his place in the mornings is a new show featuring Matt Gurney and Supriya Dwivedi. Matt Gurney is from the National Post and Dwivedi has been featured on CBC and in the Toronto Sun.

But what of my friend Kelly Cutrara who took over Bill Carroll's spot when Bill left for Ottawa in February? I'm pleased to report Kelly will now have her very own show 2pm - 4pm. Mike Stafford is now 9am to noon and Tasha Kheiriddin will be heard noon - 2pm. Got all that?

Meanwhile, at Newstalk 1010, there are also a couple of changes. Mike Bullard's noon shift is no more. He's no longer on the station, having been charged with criminal harassment in connection with the alleged stalking of City TV journalist Cynthia Mulligan. David Eddie, who had a daily live late night show, has been replaced by syndicated programming out of Montreal. David can still be heard Sunday nights.

GDB

What are the changes?

October 20, 2016 @ 2:48 PM

Anonymous

You didn't post anything! Sooo....

Matt Gurney Supriya Dwivedi with Jeff McArthur 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Mike Stafford 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tasha Kheiriddin 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Kelly Cutrara 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
John Oakley 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Can't really see this reshuffling doing much to increase the anemic ratings they've had with most of these same people. They seem to be too caught up in trying to be a NewsTalk station, and forcibly incorporating Global/National Post peeps who aren't especially adept at engaging talk radio. Keep Stafford - build everything else from the ground up.

October 20, 2016 @ 2:50 PM

Miker

Both stations are moving to the "slip-and-fall" injury lawyer format? Interesting!

October 20, 2016 @ 2:59 PM

I published quickly and then Christine Bentley and Kate Wheeler were at the door. And I had a coding error.... all fixed now.

Sorry about that.

October 20, 2016 @ 4:31 PM

Brandon

I still say David Eddie would be a great "Toronto Mike" future guest. Not sure how many people know he's married to City-TV's anchor Pam Seatle. Could have them on together, there's gotta be a few book/newspaper/TV media landscape stories in there. Well, have them or The Motts. :) Maybe Adam Stiles could put in a good word to Pam for you, Mike.

The 640 changes are intriguing to me because I think the lineup/formula has become stale. Curious to listen. Unfortunately they've done nothing, evidently, to remove that giant block of "Coast to Coast" from 9 pm to 5:30 am the next morning. 8.5 hours, including a reroll or two in there and the current day's show. That's a lot of overnight radio of the same show.

October 21, 2016 @ 9:13 PM

Barbara

I'm disappointed to hear that Mike Bullard is no longer at 1010. Always enjoyed his show. Always had lots of laughs while listening to it every day. There will be a lot of listeners who feel the same way. Sorry to hear that they have cut back on David Eddie's hours. I really enjoyed his show in the evenings.
I think this is a bad move for 1010.
I'll have to find another station now.

October 21, 2016 @ 10:50 PM

Cathy

Won't be listening any longer since Mike Bullard is not on.

October 23, 2016 @ 9:13 AM

Nick

I'm personally thrilled that Mike is off the noon hour, I wonder if it was a mutual agreement or if his ratings had been falling. I really disliked his show and just about always changed the station.

October 24, 2016 @ 11:55 AM

John from Kitchener

Mike Bullard is a Canadian treasure! Only reason I ever put 1010 on. Can't wait to see what he does next - I'll be listening to it for sure!

October 24, 2016 @ 12:35 PM

Anonymous

Being a loyal listener for decades (from early Wally Crouter days) I was totally dismayed when Mike Bullard was brought on board for the noon hour. With his arrogant, crude and self-centred personality, I always felt he brought 1010 down to a new low. Obviously, there was a reason he was removed from your airwaves.

On another note, John Moore is the best morning man since the early 80s and Saturdays are once again a pleasure listening to Ted Woloshyn's show.

I can now return to enjoying listening to 1010 at noon.

October 24, 2016 @ 12:42 PM

Class

@Anonymous

It's about class, maturity, perspective & intelligence. John Moore has it; the other one didn't.

October 24, 2016 @ 9:30 PM

JenniferB

I used to listen to Bullard on my lunch hour in the car on the way to get some sanity and a Starbucks. Laughed hard sometimes. Appreciated his sense of humour. Does no one appreciate humour anymore? Jim Richards is smart and funny.... but honestly... give people an opportunity to laugh mid-way through the day.

October 24, 2016 @ 10:35 PM

Don C

For those negative Nellies with respect to Bullard you take yourselves much too seriously. Your knickers are definitely knotted much to tight. His edgy humour was a breath of fresh air coming from a traditionally stodgy station. You were always guaranteed a laugh to hear his show. You have lost yet another longtime listener. I hope to find him soon working for some other station who will draw those like me who appreciated a guaranteed laugh every show. All the best to you Mike Bullard.

October 24, 2016 @ 11:50 PM

Suleimon

This is a Huge loss for your station. He was a really funny guy and made my day everyday for an hour, people must not like humour and take life way too serious. Get a grip. Guess ill be listening to TSN1050 for lunch

October 25, 2016 @ 12:10 PM

Negative Nelly

Not.

More like the dude was simply childish & plain not funny.

October 25, 2016 @ 12:23 PM

Wendy.....oakville

Big mistake......mike Bullards hour was funny and uplifting......I hope you have the dignity when you realize your mistake.........to apologize to fans of ten ten station. I no longer will be tuning in. You are buggers.

October 25, 2016 @ 1:44 PM

levs

Always thought Mike Bullard was a waste of airtime on 1010. His stupid comments and topics were usually idiotic and he thought no one was funnier than himself. Love having Jim Richards on in his place. I am now back to listening to 1010 at noon. I always turned it to another station when Bullard was on.

October 25, 2016 @ 2:54 PM

Patty

i also tuned into a different station from noon till 1pm on news talk 1010 when Beyond the Mike was on. With all the changes, I wish they would have given Jerry Agar the extra hour for his show rather then Jim Richards.

October 25, 2016 @ 4:26 PM

Ric**** Tampa

Soooo disappointed, I really enjoyed listening to Mike every day as it certainly surpassed any of the American stations. Mike always talked about the narrow minded bosses and his eventual ouster and it appears he was right.

October 25, 2016 @ 4:58 PM

Christina from Niagara

I will miss Mike Bullard a lot. I spent many afternoons getting out of my office to get a coffee and get a good laugh. He didn't take anything serious and that's what I enjoyed most. His ridiculousness was what made the show so enjoyable. I hope he has another radio gig because I will be following him there.
I will miss you Mike!
Christina from Niagara.

October 25, 2016 @ 5:24 PM

QUINT MATTUCCI

was dumbfounded when i heard that Mike Bullard was no longer on 1010 radilo.
although at times he was a bit too crude, Mike was a pleasure to listen to. funny
every day . the noon hour broadcast will never be the same without him.

Mike - i'll miss you - take care - give them hell

Quint

October 25, 2016 @ 7:00 PM

john

Never listened to the radio until i got my truck driving job. I always listened to Oakley and then Stafford. But just got tired of Stafford being off all the time or sick and then he got married and he became a bit of a whiner. So i started with Oakley then i switched to Agar and then Bullard. After all the depressing news, stories of government waste and problems of the word, Bullard was a great distraction and release for an hour. No real heavy thought, no big words. Sometimes gut hurting funny, sometimes not. Its too bad he is gone. After Agar i just switch to Giant FM or the Grand, i cant be depressed listening to the worlds events and problems all day long....

October 25, 2016 @ 9:53 PM

Rob

When are these changes happening on 640?

October 25, 2016 @ 10:12 PM

@Rob

November 7, 2016.

October 25, 2016 @ 10:36 PM

PapaSteve

Bullard was the best. His cross-overs with Jim Richards were a not-to-be-missed dessert on my lunch break. Crude, irreverent, but a real person with passion and the quickest wit on the 1010 team. Listening to 1010 for 30 plus years, and got my kids listening because of characters like Bullard. I cried when "you-need-him-you-got-him" Ed Needham left 1010. I may cry again.

October 25, 2016 @ 10:47 PM

Diane Bickle

Yup, of course Mike is gone....we can't have too much enjoyment now can we? Always tuned in at 11:45 weekdays....now why bother? Will be looking for you, Mike on another station hopefully.

October 26, 2016 @ 8:59 AM

Jim from barrie

Big mistake. Bullard was bringing young folks to your station.
Moore - predictably boring
Agar- right wing rhetoric becomes irritating
Richards - pompous and unenlightning

Once again you treat your listeners with contempt, not having the decency to even announce Mikes departure or consult your clients on this matter.
You remain locked in to a platform that is repititous and uneventful.

It's time to let your listeners participate in the conversation and stop the long and predictable rants from your hosts.

It's talk radio and there should be more of it allowing a dialogue of different views.

Bring back Mike
Get with the times or remain the old and boring cfrb

October 26, 2016 @ 10:34 AM

Carolyn

I always looked forward to a laugh at noon. Where can you go to hear comedy on a radio station? Mike is hilarious!!! 1010's loss and hopefully Mike will be picked up by someone else who can see the value in him. Big mistake 1010.

October 26, 2016 @ 10:37 AM

Cathy Hull

SO I daily planned my "driving details" from noon til one pm........because MIKE BULLARDS show was a breath of fresh air.............where the heck is he? My goodness.......whose idea was this? hmmm we can't all be cut from the same cloth.....which is why he had such a big fan base. Please "rethink" this move you made... can't tell you the number of questions I have been asked about his whereabouts. Constant serious commentary and rehash of daily events.....gets very tiring and stressful for the listeners.....without some comic relief.....come on administration..........time for a DO OVER on your recent decisions. Happy to discuss with you !!! :) a faithful, intelligent listener who is now lost at sea in other radio options. Never be too proud to "revisit" a decision. :)

October 26, 2016 @ 11:29 AM

Bryan

Big fan of Matt Gurney at the Post and on National Post radio...will be interesting to see how he does with a full on morning show. If the new host on NP radio isn't as good I will listen to Humble and Fred more...thank god for satellite radio. Will definitely miss Mike Bullard on 1010. The afternoon show on 1010 since John Tory left has just been awful...no insightful commentary, dull guests and a lot of talk about nothing. Ryan is a nice guy but doesn't have the intellectual heft for such an important show. Love the morning roundtable on 1010 but John Moore comes across as very pretentious at times.

October 26, 2016 @ 11:52 AM

Diane Craig

Bryan - I can not say it better. You matched my feelings dead on.
Newstalk 1010 has been getting more and more disappointing. I have been a listener for 60 years and this latest change is the last straw.
When I am in the US is listen to Canada Talks and I am switching to AM640 when I return to Ontario.
I am very familiar with the talent at 640 as four personalities were heard on 1010. Four names out of six - Interesting - what does that tell you?

October 26, 2016 @ 12:35 PM

Gill

Goodbye Mike Bullard.
Goodbye Talk1010.

October 26, 2016 @ 1:06 PM

Christen

Wow...what's going on CFRB? I had to do a web search to see what happened. So disappointed - I cannot believe Mike Bullard is gone. What are you thinking? He was hilarious, controversial, irreverent, a real breath of fresh air. I planned my listening times around his show. Now...well, it's pretty much a snore fest over the noon slot. Big mistake. After 25 years, I'll be moving on to an alternative station. Good luck, Mike - we'll miss you and hopefully will find you somewhere on air again.

October 26, 2016 @ 1:20 PM

CMC

It's about time the station got rid of Mike Bullard.White trash with no respect for anyone.Who ever thought he was funny anyway?.good riddance to bad rubbish.Go back to school and get educated.

October 26, 2016 @ 2:51 PM

Tami

So sad Mike is gone. Made me laugh out loud regularly. 1010's loss. Looking for Mike.

October 26, 2016 @ 3:15 PM

Annette

Big Mistake 1010! You took the only and I mean only funny awesome guy off the radio! What is wrong with the management there?? This day and age we all take ourselves way too serious, always had a good laugh at noon with Mike on 1010, now it's just a drag from noon to one! ( no offence Jim ) Mike if you're ever down Delhi-Simcoe way stop in for a cold one around NOON would be awesome! Thanks Mike ( it was great while it lasted, hope to hear you again soon somewhere. Annette

October 26, 2016 @ 8:19 PM

Pedro

Barb DiGiulio is soooooo gorgeous...
But Bullard was gorgeousier!

October 26, 2016 @ 8:58 PM

warren

News talk 1010 is boring again with out mike bullard . Let john moore go instead.

October 26, 2016 @ 10:44 PM

Anna Brodt

I will miss Mike. Funny and personable. Quite a contrast to Jerry who rants too much. Mike had a great time talking about nothing which was great.
Only host I ever phoned. Whatever radio station takes him...I'm listening.

October 26, 2016 @ 11:36 PM

George K.

I use 1010 as background noise in my workshop.sometimes theres good stuff but always I shut down the equipment and relax with mike. 1 hour of laughs or what are you talking about mike?sometimes he is spot on and other times I cringe. but never dull or boring.

October 26, 2016 @ 11:42 PM

Elizabeth Huffman

Always turned in to Mike Bullard at lunch for my daily laugh. It's just not the same without him. Good luck Mike, you are a funny guy.

October 27, 2016 @ 9:35 AM

Michael D.

It is a real shame that CFRB 1010 has given Mike Bullard the boot. Yes he was irreverent, but he was funny. Doesn't 1010 have a sense of humour?! Why get rid of him because of a few up tight sticks-in-the-mud!? 1010, shame on you!

October 27, 2016 @ 1:21 PM

BSD

Dido to all the Mike Bullard fans. Not the same anymore....no rush to tune in now.
All the best and thanks Mike - you were a lot of fun!

October 27, 2016 @ 2:06 PM

veronica

you got it wrong mike was the best now i have to listen to booring jim i dont think so goodbye cfrb hello 92.5

October 27, 2016 @ 4:58 PM

Skipper

We could count on a laugh a day with mike and he managed to tell the truth all the same. I will listen to john Moore but that's it for me. Jerry agar is a big bore always ranting about taxes..go live in the states then and jimberly has gotten too boring but nothing as bad as those imbeciles in the afternoon. Goodbye

October 27, 2016 @ 7:36 PM

Cynthia

Glad I no longer have to switch from Oakley to listen to Agar. Great about Mat Gurney but sorry about Mike Bullard.

October 28, 2016 @ 10:11 AM

Cory Chandler

For all you clowns that are happy that Mike Bullard is gone,I got two middle fingers for you.Enjoy loser Jimmy Richards,you nights as well listen to Richard Simmons! Liberals will also have their heads up their own asses.1010 has Jerry Agar left as the only talent.1010,you just killed yourself! RIP!!!!!!

October 28, 2016 @ 12:14 PM

Marie W

I agree with the Patty who posted that she wishes they'd given that extra formerly-Bullard hour to Jerry Agar. I don't always agree with Jerry, but I admire his passion and common sense.

I wish they'd find a replacement for John Moore. I'm tired of hearing how he's a star and a member of ACTRA and has so many fans. He's just a bit "too cool for school".

October 28, 2016 @ 12:14 PM

Cory.C

For all you clowns that are happy that Mike Bullard is off the air,I got two middle fingers up for you.Enjoy loser Jimmy Richards,you might as well have Richard Simmons on the airwaves.Liberals will always have their heads stuck up their own asses! 1010 has Jerry Agar as the only talent left on the station,RIP 1010!!!!!!!

October 28, 2016 @ 12:31 PM

Mo

Mike made a Mohammed joke after being challenged to do so and after his typical Jesus jokes. Was that the reason he got fired? Not cool to insult the prophet ..

October 28, 2016 @ 12:42 PM

Mea

No Mike?
NO more Talk1010

October 28, 2016 @ 1:48 PM

Barb Quinn

Was away for a couple of weeks and couldn't believe it when I couldn't find Mike at noon when I got home. Please re think your decision as he was a lbreath of fresh air in an otherwise stuffy and politically correct era. Miss him a lot. Jim Richards ok but just not funny or very interesting. Bring Mike back!!

October 28, 2016 @ 1:55 PM

Josi

I Want Mike Back!!!!

October 28, 2016 @ 2:03 PM

Brian

Mike Bullard gone but will never be forgotten
Time to kiss Newstalk1010 goodbye

October 28, 2016 @ 3:47 PM

Anonymous

Mike was the best thing about CFRB. It is so frustrating to tune in and get nothing but commercials and advertising. You kept the screamer Sean the jewelery add- I have to turn off every time I hear him.
Mike was so genuinely funny and sensible when it mattered. What a big mistake the powers that be there if he did not leave by his own wishes. I can't wait to see who gets the gift of his wit and talent now. Dumb move big time!

October 28, 2016 @ 10:02 PM

Richard

Unfortunately listening to Mike was like sitting in my high school locker room. (the guy couldn't go 15 mins without talking about sex) Regularly slamming Christians was bad enough, but the comments about Mohammed did him in. Back to Radio 1010 at noon.

October 29, 2016 @ 12:12 AM

Brandon

I find it a bit curious Bullard is still actively using his Twitter nick of MikeBullard1010. I don't think he's the most tech-savvy guy and I'm guessing changing it is the last thing on the mind right now, but usually when someone leaves or is let go the Twitter account is swiftly renamed or closed and a new one opened to avoid any association with the old radio or TV station. How long until Bell Media issues a "cease and desist" having his account stand in association with the "1010" ID?

October 29, 2016 @ 1:02 PM

Brenda

I have been listening to 1010 forever. Now that you have gotten rid of Mike Bullard I change the station after listening to The Jerry Agar Show, instead of after Mike's show.
Jim Richards is obnoxious. He spends so much time shouting, playing ridiculous games & his topics are often repetitions of those that the earlier shows have discussed.
Now my afternoons are back to music. So sad 1010!

October 29, 2016 @ 1:47 PM

Sasha

Too bad mike made me laugh just funny guy no more 1010for me....lighten up cfrb

October 29, 2016 @ 2:46 PM

JohnE

Strange how that have let Bullard go without comment. Given how much exposure they are given Bill Carroll, wouldn't be surprised to see them bring him in from 11 - 1 in the new year.

I imagine A.M. ratings continue to decline.

October 29, 2016 @ 4:00 PM

Laura

I loved listening to Bullard, looked forward to it every day. So disappointed he is gone.

Jim Richards is flat out awful. No idea how he still has a job there. Constantly shouting, interrupting people, uses the same tired jokes, and has no clue how to be concise. His show hurts my ears. We miss you, Mike!!

October 29, 2016 @ 8:38 PM

Laura

October 29, 2016 @ 8:38 PM

Shannon

I will miss Mike Bullard and David Eddie a lot. They brought fun and excitement to a boring station. I wish the listeners had been told something about this, seems very unprofessional to just pretend Bullard never existed.

October 29, 2016 @ 8:52 PM

Steve

I had no idea so many people liked Mike Bullard.... who knew.

I was always surprised 1010 had him on. I found he was funny first, insight second... same playbook as Richards. I figure anyone who liked Bullard would also like Richards and no loss for the station to make the change.

October 29, 2016 @ 9:13 PM

Jen

Will miss Bullard at noon. Was also enjoying Eddie in the evenings. Need some lighter topics and humour!

October 29, 2016 @ 9:25 PM

Christian

Sorry to hear that Mike Bullard was let go from the station. Initially, It was stated that his departure was mutual and that he was seeking other opportunities. Then, the rumour that his "insensitive" comments when handling a specific caller were the reason for his departure. Not sure what is true. Who knows? Truth is, Mike was a breath of fresh air. Had Agar's ranting and Jimards collegiate approach to radio (which I was a fan of) sandwiching his show, thought it was a good combo. Maybe the PD, Bendixon had enough of his jokes indirectly sent his way and to upper management and with the "I Heart radio" change, something had to be done.

Either way, Bullard will be missed. When it was required, he could turn on the laughs or, bring about a sense of calm, decorum and discerning opinion needed to allow a station like 1010 to flourish.

I for one will miss him and wish him the best. Hope, Toronto Mike will be able to have him on as a guest on one of his future episodes and allow him to spill the beams as to how his departure came to be.

With all this said, all the best to you, Mike Bullard. I will be listening out to where and when you land back on the Toronto nto and/or GTA airwaves.

October 29, 2016 @ 11:42 PM

Tim

Big mistake letting Bullard go. I moved out of the Toronto area two years ago and have been podcasting him ever since. Hopefully he ends up somewhere with the same format so I can tune him in again. To all those who didn't like him, that's what the radio dial was for, I know, I use it every morning after Robert Turner wraps up his half hour so I don't have to listen to John "ughhh" Moore.

October 30, 2016 @ 8:21 AM

Ann Divitt

Mike bullard's show was a lovely, fun break in the day. I never missed it. He seems like a kind, wonderful, fun-loving man who has respect for everyone. I listened to 1010 everyday until after Mike's show. I find Jim Richards never seems to buy into his topics. Hate his overselling with the over-the-top voice. Only liked him when he and Mike were doing the crossover. Now I go to CBC after Jerry's show. There really is a hole in my listening day now that Mike has gone. Also I dislike the I Heart Radio, always have to watch an ad when I turn it on and it clicks off of my iPad many times during the morning and I have to start it again and watch the ad again!

October 30, 2016 @ 12:14 PM

Varinder

Mike was one of the best on radio he brought in a younger audience for sure because I was one of them. Really hope he starts a podcast and hope mike you can get Mississauga own mike Bullard on your podcast.

October 30, 2016 @ 11:17 PM

SD

Mike is a person who underneath his outwardly sometimes "silly" speak, has great respect for Mothers, women and honest, hardworking intelligent individuals. He has a soft heart when it comes to community causes. I enjoyed his wit and humour. That one hour a day was one I looked forward to and scheduled my errands around. Mike, if you are ever drIving your bike down 59 Highway thru Langton Ontario on your way to Long Point give us a shout and pop in for a coffee at the local Hideaway!

October 31, 2016 @ 12:11 AM

Marja

It took me awhile to get used Mike Bullard's banter and comedy. His irreverence and silliness made me wonder how long he would last on the air. Although I wasn't crazy about his program and that he continually chortled at his own jokes, he was a break from the seriousness of the rest of 1010's day time programming and programmers. I would have suggested to replace him with something light-hearted, fun and comic. During the depression no one wanted to watch serious, life wretching moments. They wanted to forget the grimness and down side of life for a while with light hearted and comic entertainment. We do need more of that now!

October 31, 2016 @ 10:36 AM

Karen Diplock

I was wondering what happened to Mike Bullard....
Yes, he could get carried away at times, but he has a heart of gold and I loved the crossover with him and zjim Richards.

My morning is just not the same without listening to Mike Bullard while drinking my coffee! 😢
PLEASE BRING HIM BACK!

October 31, 2016 @ 11:32 AM

Cheryl

Very unhappy to hear that Mike Bullard is gone from 1010. As many have commented, he was a breath of fresh air and extremely witty. Maybe he will reappear on 640?

October 31, 2016 @ 12:22 PM

Warren Simpson

I'm going miss Mike Bullard even though he didn't like my generation born in 1947. He was funny and smart at the same time. I hope he shows up again.

October 31, 2016 @ 12:25 PM

Tony Guy

A wise move. His "humour" was childlike at best. He seemed to believe he was a comic, he was not and he certainly lacked sophistication.

October 31, 2016 @ 1:13 PM

Ken

Bullard could be hilarious; however, he could also be cruel. His schtick where he made a call and pretended to be someone else, e.g., the person's boss, was distasteful for sure. He would embarrass people, get them to say or do stupid things. I also caught him making fun of, e.g., people with Melanoma, a disease which is 95% fatal. Humour does not need to be cruel, and CFRB did not need Bullard.

October 31, 2016 @ 1:46 PM

Val

Mike was and is still the best. I made sure that my radio was on 1010 everyday so that I can enjoyed listening to him. He always made me laugh and made my day. Not happy now. Will listen to 640 now.

October 31, 2016 @ 1:50 PM

Anne

I really enjoyed having my lunch and listening to Mike.
Funny, laughing out loud - where else can you find that today with all the bad news?
I no longer listen to 1010 - Jim Richards with his 8 year old boy jokes, bathroom humour - Not funny - just gross and disgusting.
Mike has a sense of humour, wit, self deprocating, yet a sensitive man, who respects and loves women.
I miss him, wish him well, and hopefully will find him on a much smarter station.
It was pretty disgusting that no announcement was made regarding his
leaving - in fact the words used were something to the effect that he was taking a well deserved time off.
Such an ignorant move by the station to lose someone who brought intelligence and wit and humour to so many people.

October 31, 2016 @ 1:51 PM

Anonymous

Changes on AM radio are a fact of life in the GTA. For me it goes back to the Mott's being let go by CFRB......Then I used to enjoy listening to Bill Carrol on AM 640, I think when Bill left many of his listeners did as well.
I was never a fan of Mike Bullard when he was on t.v. I preferred the American late night line ups.
However since Mike joined CFRB with his noon show I really appreciated his comedy and his over all personality. Mike was great on the radio, I really enjoyed listening to this funny man. Good luck Mike!

October 31, 2016 @ 2:16 PM

Keith

There was a time when CFRB was the only station I listened to for talk radio. I gave AM 640 a try when Oakley came on board and would switch back and forth between the 2 stations.

As of right now I would say I prefer AM 640 over all. The only CFRB program I enjoy listening to is Jerry Agar's(Mike too but now he's gone). I'm sure John Moore has a ton of fans with his morning show but I prefer the Oakley show on AM 640.....same thing with Ryan's drive home program, there's just something about this guy I don't like, I never met him, I don't know what he look's like....I guess he comes across as a know it all kinda like John Moore.

At the end of the day for listeners it comes down to whose intellect and personality and sense of humour they prefer and for the station managers it all comes down to ratings and cutting costs.

October 31, 2016 @ 2:43 PM

Fay

I enjoyed your show, Mike. I'll admit that it took a little time to get used to your personality.

It's amazing that some people can't take any ridicule concerning their religion; it's all a big laugh. It's too bad if you were let go on this account.

We'll miss you.

Wishing you the best in future endeavours.

October 31, 2016 @ 3:32 PM

Anonymous

Only reason I listened to 1010. So bummed!

October 31, 2016 @ 10:16 PM

Humour

Humour .. hmmm .. to each their own; tastes vary.

But I am genuinely surprised so many posters here relish juvenile pre-teen humour.

Being witty, clever & funny are attributes Bullard demonstrated very rarely.

Bullard's own producer said dealing with Bullard was like dealing with a child. Focus & attention span were mostly lacking.

October 31, 2016 @ 10:59 PM

Terril

I will really miss Mike.Was away fron the station and came back looking for him.Had to google him to find out.Get rid of Barb the one from 7.00 to 10.00. She always cuts people off.l can't stand her show.Cfrb wake up.640 here I come.

October 31, 2016 @ 11:31 PM

David A

Mike Is the real deal!!!!!
I didn't like listening to him at first but I ended up loving his show.

They should have replaced Doyle

I'll miss you Mike!

November 1, 2016 @ 5:30 AM

Frank M

The decision to drop Mike, must have been made by the same people who decided that Ron MacLean should be replaced on " Hockey Night in Canada " ! When it's not broke .. why fix it?
" Hello ..are you there ? Who is this? "

November 1, 2016 @ 10:44 AM

Jo-Anne

I can't believe Mike Bullard is off cfrb. Tuned in yesterday and got Jim Richards and had to google to find out what happened. What a really bad decision on the part of 1010. Mike Bullard is hilarious.

November 1, 2016 @ 11:10 AM

Gill

Why did Mike Bullard leave Talk 1010?
I think the radio station owes its listeners an explanation.

November 1, 2016 @ 11:32 AM

angie

I liked Mike Bullard...he was a breath of fresh air. I agree I would have rather have an extra hour with Jerry Agar then Jim. I strongly believe 1010 should bring back Mike...you can't please everyone, but diversity of speech/rhetoric is a good thing, if not talk radio just gets boring. Look I didn't always appreciate Mike's topics, but for the most part I laughed, and laughed hard at times...but having a show that was different from the others was a good thing!

I agree about John Moore...use to really like him when he was in the afternoons. Now, I find him to be really pretentious and just too liberal for me. Guess Jerry is rubbing off on me. Also I can't stand Scott Reid...he is a pompous jacka*%s...wish they would get him off the panel and same goes for that people's choice (think its James)...he is so stupid and has nothing to offer on the panel.

November 1, 2016 @ 11:51 AM

hayles

I'm a bit disappointed, as I did enjoy his show a lot of the time. But there were definitely times that I turned it off as well. I thought he was maybe on vacation but it appears it's a permanent one.

His humour is childish and can at times be annoying, but that's everyone. I'd say I laughed more than I cringed, but I understand why the change was made. It's not a show for all audiences.

November 1, 2016 @ 12:19 PM

MacFox

Mike Bullard was sometimes funny and oftentimes cruel, and usually witless. If it were my choice, Moore should go instead of Mike. 1010 is not something you can listen to very long, and the off button is easy to reach.

November 1, 2016 @ 12:33 PM

Patricia

So disappointed to hear Mike Bullard had left. Also,putting a repeat of the Gerry Agar show on late night....not impressed! In the morning I listen to John Moore....really enjoy his show. As soon a the 9 a.m. news is finished I turn off before Gerry Agar starts his rant. I listen to the radio in bed around midnight,,really enjoyed Dave Eddy's show,but to replace him with Gerry Agar is such a bad move.

November 1, 2016 @ 12:48 PM

H.o.E.

Mike Bullard disappeared from 1010 at around the same time the 'IHeartRadio" thing was about to begin. Did that maybe present some kind of conflict with a pre-existing contract for Bullard in his work outside of his radio job that prevented him from continuing on 1010? Both Bullard (on twitter) and the station initially implied his absence was temporary, and then about a week later the station manager specified Bullard is no longer with "Bell Media Radio" (as opposed to simply saying the station).
In the last few months, with Mike Richards gone from 1050 and now Bullard gone from 1010, there's almost nothing left on terrestrial Toronto radio that I have any interest in hearing. I hope they both show up somewhere else in 2017.

November 1, 2016 @ 12:51 PM

Anonymous

I will truly miss Mike......he was a very funny guy! I have listened to 1010 Radio for many years and will truly miss one hour of laughter with Mike gone!

November 1, 2016 @ 1:00 PM

Marty

Since Mike Bullard is nolonger on the air, I've not listened to 1010AM since. Why you would put Jim Richards in his place was a very huge mistake. I'm sure even Richards was not a big fan to replace Bullard... One thing for sure Bullard used to make me laugh, as with Richards with his screaming made me cringe to the point that I do not listen to this station.

November 1, 2016 @ 1:15 PM

Maj

Hi
I can't believe they let Mike Bullard go - it's the only reason I listened to 1010 at lunchtime! Wish they would've let Jim Richards go and given Mike his timeslot - now that would be radio worth listening to!
And while I'm complaining - please get rid of the Motts! I'd rather listen to one of their horses!

November 1, 2016 @ 1:22 PM

Donna

Devastated that Mike is gone! Although I wasn't sure what to make of his show at first, I became a huge fan. Not everything was gold but he hit the mark most days and he was the only host who could make me laugh out loud at work!
I downloaded his podcasts for a road trip this summer with my family and we listened to them back to back as my husband and adult children LOVED his antics.
Certainly the funniest host and a genuine nice guy. At the In-depth & Interactive this year, he spent lots of time chatting with us and even offered my wheelchair-bound friend money to help pay for her ticket & parking because she is on disability. A real class act. Not sure I'd bother to attend the next one, quite frankly.
Jerry Agar and Robert Turner are the only ones I care to listen to now. The round tables with Moore in the Morning are good but John is too impressed with himself and fancies himself as non-partisan when he is far from it. Jim Richards is not very interesting anymore and I'm not sure HOW Ryan Doyle still has an on-air job. This poser MUST be related to one of the executives! Mark Towhey would be a WAY better host than Ryan. Move him from the weekend.

November 1, 2016 @ 1:27 PM

Phil

Well I am so shocked about this,I FB and emailed Mike BDixon..no relply.
I loved listening to MB..I stayed in my car to listen to his stories,so funny..
It's only an hr a day for some pure goofiness and laughs..
BIG MISTAKE...I am sad..

November 1, 2016 @ 1:31 PM

carol robitaille

Bring Mike back ...the best on 1010 !

November 1, 2016 @ 6:06 PM

Dave H

Agree that letting Mike go is a big mistake. Hilarious in the middle of the day to break up all the serious repetive stuff on 1010. I'll be checking out other stations to switch to.

November 1, 2016 @ 10:01 PM

Helen J

Mike come back, I'm going through withdrawl HELP

November 2, 2016 @ 11:38 AM

dale

not a big bullard fan but jim richards suck he does all the talking same thing over and over i want to hear what listeners think NOT him babbling SHUT UP and let the listeners talk if any still call in

November 2, 2016 @ 12:13 PM

dale

The above comment from "dale" was not from the regular commenter on this site.

November 2, 2016 @ 12:45 PM

kathleen gray

where is mike bullard, I so enjoyed listening to him every day I am 72 years old and his show really brightened my day.A bad move on the part of 1010,not going to be the station, my friends and I go to any more.

November 2, 2016 @ 1:25 PM

Carlos

I also had to find out online what happened to Mike. CFRB made a big mistake in letting him go. Although he had only one hour, it was the best on CFRB. I always enjoyed his humour. I would listen for the full hour at lunch if possible. Bad move 1010.

November 2, 2016 @ 1:56 PM

Anonymous

Booooooooooooooooo on Bullard's departure, and an even bigger boo for how the station handled it. It was like he just went on vacation and never returned. The fans deserve to know the story. As much as I love Jim, Mike held a special place in programming, a place that no other host currently fills. So very disappointed in this decision. Hoping Mike lands well. I for one will be following him.

November 2, 2016 @ 1:58 PM

Anonymous

WOW lots of mixed comments here. I just have one. Sooooooooooooooo happy to have an extra hour with Jim Richards now. Good call Newstalk. I liked Mike, sure he was funny at times, but Jim, much better listening and he's funny too!!

November 2, 2016 @ 3:47 PM

Bike Mullard

How many of these Pro Mike Bullard posts are actually from Mike Bullard? 80℅ or all of them

November 2, 2016 @ 4:40 PM

Been thinking

@Bike Mullard

I've been thinking the same thing. There's no way this many people could possibly find Bullard clever & witty.

I don't have an axe to grind solely with Bullard. What I detest is the increasing penetration of no class, low brow discourse in our everyday life.

November 2, 2016 @ 8:56 PM

FWIW, I moderate the comments pretty closely. If I see multiple entries from different names using the same IP address, I snip the comments.

That hasn't happened here, so if the same person is leaving multiple comments every day at lunch, they've fooled me.

November 2, 2016 @ 9:17 PM

Kevvie G

The comments are interesting. I find it funny that people think John Moore is full of himself but don't level the same criticism toward Oakley. I liked John Moore in the afternoon better than the morning. I may switch to 640 now that the overbearing partisan crap moves to the afternoon. I love Stafford, even when I don't agree with him , and I find him 1000 times funnier than Bullard. He's witty and highly intelligent - and balanced. David Eddie was just too...into himself. Late night is about the music for me. I'm hoping Oakley puts a fork in the Ryan Doyle show so that 1010 can get something in there I want to listen to. I enjoyed Moore in the afternoon, then Tory. I also always enjoyed Bill Carroll. Just like with elections, you need to have someone who may lean right or left, but can argue the other side on a case-by-case basis. I'm not seeing a lot of love toward Wynne from Moore or Bill Carroll blindly supporting Patrick Brown. We need people who are engaging, but also intelligent, and hopefully funny as the icing on top.

My ideal lineup would be

6-8:30 AM: Someone funny but not silly or too partisan one way or the other
9-12 - Bill Carroll
12-4 - Stafford
4-7 - John Moore
7-10 - Barb DeGuilio

November 2, 2016 @ 9:19 PM

Blake

News talk 1010's ultimate line-up. Bell could afford it, and it would be tops forever in the ratings.
6-9am----Bill Carroll
9-12noon----Jerry Agar(Bill and Jerry =dynamite crossover)
12-1pm----Mike Bullard
1-4pm----John Oakley
4-7pm---Charles Adler.
7-10pm---Jeff McArthur
My 2 cents.

November 2, 2016 @ 10:54 PM

Susan McKenna-Hughes

My first EVER fan letter..Mike was truly funny and really enjoyed that time slot...What are you thinking letting him go???!!!!

November 2, 2016 @ 11:05 PM

Janice

I think it was disgraceful that 1010 didn't let listeners know they let Mike Bullard go. I know at times he was crude but there were mores laughs than not. Miss his show. Don't listen much to 1010 any more

November 2, 2016 @ 11:51 PM

Jen

So sad to see mike go. He was the best thing about newstalk 1010. I am hoping their ratings drop significantly so they have to beg him to come back!

November 3, 2016 @ 12:27 AM

Eon

Will miss him a lot. Great tongue in cheek comments. Which obviously go over negitave Nellys head. I will be checking around for other talk shows. Hopefully find one were he is appearing.

November 3, 2016 @ 9:15 AM

Jeff

Will not miss Mike Bullard much, his show was getting a little boring, so a change was needed. But to put Jim Richards in his place, is cruel to the listening audience. Listening to Richards is painful for any length of time. Now I listen to other stations from 12 - 4 daily.

November 3, 2016 @ 12:08 PM

AJ

I podcasted Mike's show so I could listen to it here in Ottawa. I like his sense of humour and it was nice to have a break in my day from the usual politics and sports from local talk radio. Pretty peeved off that he's done on 1010. That said, I definitely won't be tuning into 1010 anytime soon. I may not be in their listening market, but they've definitely lost me as someone who would go out of my way to tune into their programming.

November 3, 2016 @ 12:26 PM

Joanne

Loved Mike Bullard. Cracked me up every day. He was the reason I left my radio dial at 1010. Guess I will go explore some new stations and hope to find him being a side-splitting goof on one of them.

November 3, 2016 @ 12:48 PM

darlene

Very sorry they let Dave Eddy go. How insulting to take him down to one night for two hours. I am a night person and really enjoyed his show, Very calming at night. I HATE THE CRAP ON THERE NOW. I Turn the station off and go to bed. By by Mike Bullard could never see his humour, as someone said earlier highschool humour or less. It was only a matter of time.

November 3, 2016 @ 1:18 PM

darlene

November 3, 2016 @ 1:18 PM

H.o.E.

I'll agree with those thought Bullard was never quite as funny to others as he was to himself, but he was good at doing that one hour a day on radio. One person on their own on radio (without a sidekick/co-host) trying to be funny is nearly impossible. He also did that late night TV talk show for several years with I think maybe one or two other writers at most, at it didn't look all that bad by comparison to the American shows with their squads of 16 to 20 highly paid writers you see listed in their credits.

November 3, 2016 @ 1:27 PM

Bill McLean

I am 64 and was introduced to Mike Bullard while working on the side of roads in Mississauga in 2013, after my job being sent via NAFTA to Mexico. Mike was the highlight of my work day from 2013 all summer long. I was really upset upon him leaving. Mike has a spectacularly humorous and witty view of life that made me burst into laughter and I will miss him next summer. Whatever a pod cast is I will hook up with Mike in January. Hurry up Mike......and set it up.....and make it 5.....
Not 4 hours.......see ya January 1st.....

November 3, 2016 @ 2:00 PM

Bill McLean

Not 4 hours.......see ya January 1st.....

November 3, 2016 @ 2:00 PM

Dave from Niagara

No more Mike Bullard? Really... more Jim Richards omg... makes no sense. Bye bye 1010
You've blown it

November 3, 2016 @ 2:16 PM

john wilton

I will miss Bullard....but i always felt big brother was watching over the noon show especially when mike kept saying ..his boss keeps telling him his ratings suck...mike will find his nitch again but i never felt 1010 was a good fit for him ....to serious a station...chill out!

November 3, 2016 @ 10:12 PM

Mike

Oakley is the best radio talk show host in Canadian history and I think 640 is insane to move him from that slot. I also think they will alienate most of Oakley's morning show fans with the rantings of Supriya Dwivedi, 640's new, far left morning show host. Just another example of the constant creep to the left of our media.

November 4, 2016 @ 9:54 AM

Ray

Im interested to see how the morning show will fair. Ive flipped flopped back and forth between 1010 and 640 in the mornings for years. I usually find Oakley's show gets old after awhile. However i think his show has improved in recent years. Always loved Mike Stafford's show. I think Tasha has been a good addition to mid days, but I cant stand McArthur and not a huge fan of Kelly either. 640 should give Ryan Bonnar and Patrick Malkin an hour long show.

November 4, 2016 @ 1:39 PM

macho madness

Guys like Mike?

Mike had nothing to talk about!

He always encouraged obnoxious, trashiness and how he'd have sex with Jim Richards = GROSS NOT FUNNY at all.

Took him till the last week out of 5 years on the air to proclaim his discord for the Homosexual Agenda so called "Sex Curriculum"

Did Mike Bulard even deserve the Macedonian Psycho?

Bullard is trying to sleep where he swims with staff demanding kisses in the mouth = Grose, disgusting.

Wonder if Thats why ?
Good riddens. "Ah, fah, fah, fah, fah"

November 4, 2016 @ 2:48 PM

Anonymous

Richards is so full of sh it.

Jim is a
Fake liar,
manipulating ,
scum bag.

Jim portrays himself as one way on the air for all listeners to be fooled.
Yet off the air he is narcissistic liar who will say and do almost anything to make you think he's a great guy. So he can control the thin scull kiss asses.

Jim looks like he smells like that kid in daycare center that always stunk like Cheerios and raw milk breath!

November 4, 2016 @ 2:58 PM

Anonymous

Yea Richards uses coy to lure but John Tory never Fell for his trick invite after the rainy intimate and interactive.

Humor to soften you to drop your guard.

and

Fear of not fitting in or receiving tickets or kickbacks if you don't comply with his demands.

Richards is a intimidating, snake in the grass, sociopathic, rude, bully.

November 4, 2016 @ 3:16 PM

Jack

Discovered Bullard about 18 months ago, and listened as often as I could. Since being replaced by pretentious know-it-all Jim the blowhard Richards, haven't turned it on once.

November 4, 2016 @ 4:25 PM

Howard

Missed Mike Bullard. (funny guy on the radio). Big mistake for 1010 to have let him go. I hope he shows up on another radio station and drives people away from 1010.

November 4, 2016 @ 6:57 PM

Barbara brown

Always listened to Mike. Sorry but might not listen as much any more now he's not there. I went to uk for personal reasons came back and was like "what the he'll where has he gone".

November 4, 2016 @ 11:27 PM

Bubbe F

Finally got called out for overstepping his bounds did he? Wondered when that would happen....like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

November 5, 2016 @ 9:23 AM

Clive Moxey

Mike is different---I liked him and disliked him---he loves himself more than anything---too crude for CFRB---on the edge of sensitive topics which always draws attention---made jokes of how he disliked his boss---not at all surprised that he is no longer on the best radio talk show there is.

November 5, 2016 @ 10:35 AM

Cath from Niagara

We were away for a few of weeks and couldn't believe it when we couldn't find Mike B. at noon on 1010 when we got back.
"Hello . . . are you there? Bring Mike back!! He was the only reason we listened to 1010. 😊

November 5, 2016 @ 11:28 AM

Jan from Niagara

1010 didnt have the balls to say Mike is no longer with the station! They said he was on holiday! what crap! Only good fun to be had on the station all day! Jim Richards is full of crap! His laugh is so phony I turn off the station ! also he is always bashing Police and Teachers! Bring Mike back! Get the stick out of your arse 1010 and don't take yourselves so seriously!

November 6, 2016 @ 7:47 AM

Ian

Is it just me? Jim Richards is really vocal about his atheism of late. Don't really care but I was wondering if I came to the party late.

November 6, 2016 @ 3:28 PM

John

Why is 1010 not on bell fibe tv programming. They advertise it as owned by bell media

November 7, 2016 @ 10:22 AM

Bonnie

Was hoping this news wasn't true. Big mistake 1010! Mike Bullard was lways good for a laugh! Hello......are you there? Loved it! Now the station is just ordinary.....and you've lost me as a regular listener.... :(

November 8, 2016 @ 8:56 AM

Jay

In the past i did not liked Mike on TV. Now, I will miss listening Mike at noon. I always listen his shows while i was Driving.. I don't mind listening Jim Richards for 2 hrs. Listening Jim for 3 hrs boring. Now I started listen music while driving.....will miss Mike

November 8, 2016 @ 12:01 PM

Dave

Jim Richards is to boring for the nooner , Bring back Mike

November 8, 2016 @ 12:44 PM

rhonda

missing my noon time,,funny, entertaining and laugh out loud moments
wasn't a fan of mike's tv show, but i did love him here at noon..
met him in Wasaga as i ride a motorcycle too...he was hilarious,,skinny but hilarious..
in a world where all the topics are serious and debated all day long,,,the one hour of frivolity and laughter was so appreciated
miss you mike!!!

November 8, 2016 @ 1:38 PM

Sean

I was stunned to find out CFRB cancelled his show. I was not very fond of him to begin with but I ended up loving him and his sense of humor. I always made an effort to try to be available to tune-in. CFRB choked!

November 8, 2016 @ 2:40 PM

It's time

It's time for Mike Bullard to get another job & stop his posting on TorontoMike daily.

November 8, 2016 @ 4:15 PM

Lori

Yes, he could be crude but his crude could be really funny and he was the only one I liked in that old stupid radio show. He was also the only one who didn't repeat everything, repeat everything, over and over as if the fifth time repeating something made it somehow less irritating. I don't listen anymore, to any of it and dropped off the site too since for some reason I couldn't comment anymore. What ever happened to free speech? I hope we hear from him soon cuz that's where I will be going. Does anyone know what happened and why he left, did they fire him, did he crude out the wrong person, did he get a better offer? Why is he never mentioned on the radio? I listened for a few days hoping to hear something then signed off. Miss him, not them.

November 9, 2016 @ 1:33 PM

Charlotte

As soon as I would hear Mike Bullard's voice I would turn off the radio. He isn't funny and he is a jerk!! He came off as a dirty old man; really creeped me out. So glad that he is gone.

November 9, 2016 @ 3:30 PM

Ron

Miss Mike. Sounds as if his Muslim joke was the last straw.
Loyal 640 & 1010 listener. Constantly switched between with every commercial or topic.
640 messed up mornings by bringing in a new male:female pair I've never heard of. Even Lou Schizas, the happy capitalism business guy, is giving them the short report - no comments like he did with former morning guy Oakley. Miss that even more than Mike at noon on 1010.
Now 1010 is messing up. Richards show is now way too long.
May give up and listen to FM instead.

November 9, 2016 @ 9:39 PM

George

Thankfully Mike Bullard was taken off the air. Loud and childish. Grow up Mike...you are not 13 anymore.

Once the news was over I switched away from 1010.

November 10, 2016 @ 12:18 PM

Alexandra

I really miss Mike Bullard on 1010. He always made me laugh. He was funny and smart. I started listening to 1010 because of him. I can't believe the station let him go. I stopped listening. Hope to hear him back on the air soon.

November 10, 2016 @ 1:23 PM

Joe

Good to see that CFRB1010 finally got rid of that waste of time Mike Bullard......this guy was NEVER funny and had a crappy show....good riddence, se ya later, sayonara.

November 10, 2016 @ 4:19 PM

tired of jim too

Mike was trashy.

I hate fat faced fake o Jim .

November 10, 2016 @ 6:47 PM

C. J.

I have been a 1010 listener for more years than I can remember, and like many of the above comments, I too enjoyed listening to Mike Bullard. If I happen to be in my car during 12:00 to 1:00, I would listen to Mike. I enjoy a good laugh and never take what Mike said seriously, he's a comedian after all, so I laugh while cringing at the same time.

I happened to be in my car today at lunch and realized that Mike was not on. I went on the website to see if his name was part of the show schedule. He was not there, OH NO! As I am want to do when I realize that someone that use to be on 1010 (ex. John Oakley or Bill Carroll) is no longer there, I would do an Internet search. This article/site confirmed my worst fear. I too am hoping that Mike will be picked up somewhere else. Maybe Hazel will give him a job. LOL!

November 10, 2016 @ 11:03 PM

DIANNE

I too miss Mike. Channel now switches at noon. He was laugh out loud funny.
I am an oldladyoldladyoldladyooo!
Good luck Mike hope to hear you back on the air soon.

November 12, 2016 @ 8:01 PM

Tom

Sad to see the death of 640 morning show......new format is not interesting , for me , at least.......A whiny 3rd host , an apologetic conservative, and a valley girl...sounds like California radio

November 14, 2016 @ 8:35 AM

MIke Bullard is accused of harassing City TV journalist Cynthia Mulligan, whom he had been dating.

November 14, 2016 @ 9:43 PM

Nick

@ Toronto Mike

Holy shit.

November 14, 2016 @ 10:05 PM

James Edgar

Well now we know.

I liked him when his show was first on years ago.

So stupid to throw away your life by acting like that.

November 15, 2016 @ 8:42 AM

Jeff

I remember Mike being pretty broken up about the relationship when it ended. I can see someone getting so worked up and wanting to make a relationship work but I thought at the time he said he was moving on. I also seem to recall him saying at one point that he wouldn't take back someone that left him but maybe I am getting confused with someone else.

Showing up at someone's house (if true) is crossing the line especially after being warned by police but I can imagine this is all pretty hard on him. I don't like how newstalk made it look like he was on holiday for weeks and then just said "oh, he left"...

November 15, 2016 @ 10:15 AM

Jane

I too am very sad to realize Mike Bullard was fired/let go from Newstalk 1010. Unless he resigned, I sure hope the only reason he was let go was not these criminal charges - what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I also don't understand why for example most newspapers now do not identify accused people unless it is a very serious case which is about time because people make snap judgments and even when acquitted or charges are dropped often the stain of the charge remains.

November 15, 2016 @ 11:38 AM

H.o.E.

Well, that explains it.
I assume we probably won't be hearing much, if anything, from him again. It would be difficult to forget about something like that while listening to him on a radio show like the one he did. If true, that's very strange and creepy behavior -- for anyone, but particularly for a guy who is almost 60 years old.

To go off on a different tangent (or tangerine as Jim Richards says), on the subject of (former?) TV show hosts, is Ed the Sock still around? I think's it's been about two years since he was interviewed here.

November 15, 2016 @ 1:58 PM

@H.o.E.

I bumped into Ed the Sock two weeks ago when I went to that MuchMusic reunion thing. We chatted... he's working on something. Once he's ready to talk about it, he'll be back on.

November 15, 2016 @ 2:08 PM

George

What was that Pig on City TV see in Mike Bullard good god he looks like grand-papa on the munsters, how could she spread for him Yawk Yawl

November 15, 2016 @ 4:43 PM

Brandon

@Jeff

You might've heard some of the same David Eddie broadcasts I did. In the last few weeks/months before the David Eddie show was pulled, Bullard would often drop by in that slot and join David to shoot the breeze. On a couple broadcasts he lamented the end of the relationship (without naming the partner) and did seem pretty broken-up about it.

I do wish him the best in getting through and past this (emotionally, legally, career-wise, etc.). Maybe he'll move to the US (like his brother Pat) - if his career can't easily be repaired in Canada - and reinvent himself as a warm-up act guy or TV sitcom writer or something.

November 15, 2016 @ 5:36 PM

Tom

The new female half of the 640 morning show talks like every statement is a question. Her voice goes up at the end of every sentence and I just can't listen to it. GRRRR... so annoying when people do that. That and the John Oakley "you know" filler when he is formulates with what he wants to say on-the-fly. By comparison, John Moore on 1010 has a smooth delivery. Now, after they fix all that, if only they could get the nasally dweeb from the jewelry store to practice talking from the stomach instead of from the nose, all would be good. I actually change the station when his ads come on. Also the patronizing men's diet guy whose tagline is that nobody can lose weight unless it's with his help. OK, rant mode off.

November 16, 2016 @ 3:36 PM

Janeira Ventura

We miss you Mike. The only reason for listening to AM radio.
Hope he gets through this and clears his name, I imagine it must not be fun.

November 17, 2016 @ 2:20 PM

dan derbridge

Talk Radio isn't dead, it just smells funny (stole from F Zappa)

November 17, 2016 @ 6:39 PM

Georgie Webster

I was so saddened and surprised to learn that beloved Mike was no longer on 1010. I enjoyed his quick wit and quirky humour as well as his more serious commentary. His show was my go to spot every day. I also believe his departure could have been much more professionally handled and that his listeners deserved better from management. I wish Mike only the best and hope that he will re-emerge somewhere down the road.

November 19, 2016 @ 8:30 PM

Gerry Forbes

Sad to see a radio bro toasted but can never keep an alleged stalker on staff, bad for big corporate business.

November 21, 2016 @ 8:28 PM

Rob

Why did you guys move John to drive home??
Your morning show that replaced him sucks!!!
Put John back, then I'll come back in the morning. This is bull!!

November 22, 2016 @ 6:59 AM

Rick C in Oakville

I actually like John Oakley in the drive home, much better than the Rush on Newstalk 1010. I haven't listened to the new AM640 morning show, so haven't any comment to add.

November 22, 2016 @ 11:32 PM

Valerie Babington

You are making a big mistake by letting Mike Bullard go. He is loved and cherished by his viewers. Your management is being very selfish in their decision with no regard for his faithful followers. Nothing has been proven and its supposed to be "Innocent until proven guilty". Don't let this mistake go on and bring him back before Christmas. His listeners need to hear his voice each day he brightens their life. Please think about the listeners needs and not your policy. Do the right thing and stand by your man.....PUT MIKE BACK ON THE RADIO>>>>>>>PLEASE!

November 23, 2016 @ 11:48 AM

Tom

Well......640....... who ever thought 2 people could put so many back to sleep until Mike S. comes on.......no morning show now.....I guess that was the objective.

But why did they move John O. to the coming home time slot.....is his contract up for renewal and he doesn't like the offer....free agent status perhaps...cause if he leaves.....Mike S. cant be far behind.....then they can put everyone to sleep 24 hours a day

November 24, 2016 @ 11:08 AM

Tom

640 has finally proven the impossible.....they can suck and blow at the same time

November 26, 2016 @ 9:34 AM

G Man

I was not a fan of Mike B. Rude and foolish is not my brand of humour. However, I wish him all the best where ever he goes.

November 28, 2016 @ 7:43 AM

Chris

Well it seems you can't please all the people all the time. I could never figure out what demographic Bullard appealed to. His rude crude ignorant behavior may have been suitable to some night clubs, but he was a disgrace to the legacy of CFRB. I stopped listening to CFRB a few years ago when I happened to catch him calling the secretary's of the Hamilton Racing Pigeon Club. I couldn't believe Ballard's ignorant comments. Even the guy was insulted and let Bullard know it. Anyway, broadcasting in general seems to be in some kind of blue funk. Somebody had better start getting creative if they want to survive. Getting rid of Bullard was a good start.

November 30, 2016 @ 3:37 PM

Patricia

I for one will not be missing Mike Bullard. Glad to hear he is gone. Always changed the station between 12 and 1 when he was on. Too crude and rude for my taste. Wish they could have extended the Jerry Agar show by that hour instead of giving it to Jim Richards.

December 1, 2016 @ 1:18 PM

Ginny

Bring Mike Bullard back !!! All the fun and laughter is gone. I miss the guy. I hope he comes back on the air somewhere.

December 5, 2016 @ 5:28 PM

Beverley Parker

I'm so sorry that Mike Bullard is no longer on 1010. He gave my afteternoon a giggle and he said what a lot of us were thinking. Depending what happens with the charges I would like to see him back or on another station.

December 5, 2016 @ 6:09 PM

Leah

Hey everyone, on Mike's twitter feed he said that he's on "personal leave" from Newstalk 1010.
I read this on twitter a month or so ago. Makes sense, really. Innocent until proven guilty.

December 9, 2016 @ 4:46 PM

Andrew

I gave the new AM640 morning show an honest chance, but I don't listen anymore. Neither host has any redeeming qualities that make for an engaging morning talk show. Afternoons maybe - but not in the morning. No personality and little energy.

At least Oakley's energy dovetailed nicely into the Stafford show. The difference is timbre between the new morning show and Stafford is very apparent. Lately, Stafford has noted that he's getting fewer calls into his show. I think it's because there's no spillover audience into his time slot anymore.

Hopefully Corus will do what CBC did with Strombo on HNIC...realize that their experiment didn't work and put the things right.

December 14, 2016 @ 5:17 PM

Anonymous

640 morning show is dull these two have no chemistry the are so boring .
Fix your mistake and beg John to come back.

December 15, 2016 @ 6:56 PM

Johb

Bullard was the only reason I listened to 1010. Very sorry to see him leave. God, does no one have a sense of humour anymore. Sad day

December 17, 2016 @ 1:41 PM

Jerry

Boring without Mike. He was the best personality on 1010. I have stopped listening, big mistake letting him go. You should reconcider.

December 17, 2016 @ 8:29 PM

Sam

Sigh. The state of talk radio is an unfortunate mess. On the upside, I've found a couple of half-decent local talk stations and listen to more podcasts!

Bullard: 12 - 1 on RB was dead to me. I have no patience for him or his style of humour. I hope his issues work out for him but I don't miss him on the radio one bit.

Jim Richards: How his drawling, stoner-esque style succeeds is beyond me. I get that my likes aren't everyone's but extending him to cover 12 -1 is only marginally better than Bullard. That said, at least he is occasionally funny in a 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' kind of way. Just don't look for much in the way of intelligent commentary.

Oakley: I used to be a fan but needing a thesaurus handy during his show got old and dull just like his style. That thing he always does where he uses two words where one would suffice is just plain grating / annoying.

Stafford: I miss him simply delivering a quality show - add some trivia again Mike. The whole 'cool guy who makes fun of everyone not as cool as him' is too adolescent and dull to listen to for very long. Sadly, he's about the best think going on that station.

December 19, 2016 @ 1:02 PM

Ian

I like Tasha's show - she's smart and upbeat. Mike Stafford was funny but listening to a three hour bitch session gets tiring.

December 20, 2016 @ 8:49 AM

Audrey Woodcock

I was so glad to hear you got rid of Mike Bullard, he was a disgrace to the station. Now if you could "can" the Motts you would be doing a great service to your listeners. I have to leave your station every weekend because I can't stand to listen to their drivel for three hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

December 31, 2016 @ 6:18 PM

Jt

I'm so disappointed in cfrb. I used to listen at night but all I get now are old comedy tapes. I am also disappointed that Mark Elliot is no longer on Saturday nights. I need to find a better radio station to listen to at night because I can't bear cfrb any longer. What the heck happened there? Whoever is running things is doing a terrible job.

January 1, 2017 @ 6:53 PM

Rob J

@Jt
Try AM 640 at night: 'Coast to Coast AM' with George Noory is generally quite entertaining. Obviously some UFO stuff but also grounded in reality with political and social issues discussed. Much more broad than when Art Bell hosted.

January 1, 2017 @ 11:27 PM

JoyceH

I too miss Mike… hope he gets through all this OK.
But the real loss for me (as a late night listener} is Mark Elliot and "People helping People". Have been a faithful listener since he started on CFRB and suddenly, he's gone… again, no explanation.
Re-runs of daytime shows on late night (often already heard) is also a drag. David Eddy wasn't my favourite but he was growing into the show and often had interesting guests.
Too many changes… no explanations… what is going on?

January 9, 2017 @ 3:35 PM

Tom

I cannot believe I turn on 640am last night around 8:15pm.....just to see who was on...forgetting that I already knew......It was the Sandra Carusi inside jokes show...believe me...they should never let it outside.

The first thing I hear them talking about i is Donald Trump and assassination.....this is humour?

Never did I hear a comedy show radio , tv or otherwise ever talk like this before..it is a shame how elitist and lefty 640 am has turned........where did intelligent and mature conservative talk ready go?

January 23, 2017 @ 7:58 AM

Vee

I'd rather eat worms than be subjected to listening to Mike Stafford. I hadn't tuned into his show for two years and then by accident I hit the 640 preset. It's like I never left. I hear Mike bitching about parents and young people. Has he been talking for 2 straight years? Mike, we all know you came from the "greatest generation". Now move on. I did; right back to 1010.

January 24, 2017 @ 1:08 PM

Jee

Cannot stand the new 640 morning duo, the female sounds like a spoiled brat college kid. I miss John O. In the mornings and do enjoy the rest of the talented hosts on 640....I now turn the radio on at 9am to catch Mike S. Instead of 7am.

January 24, 2017 @ 4:39 PM

Mel

Your late night comedy hour is about as funny as a rubber crunch. Furthermore, the audio is terrible. Please bring back Humble and Fred.

January 30, 2017 @ 11:51 AM

Mel

January 30, 2017 @ 11:51 AM

640 am......The Pooh Bear show

February 3, 2017 @ 10:52 AM

Tom

To all the elitists and lefties......despite what you may believe...most people are actually capable of forming their own thoughts and opinions...and don't need to be preached to.....to be told what to think, and how to think.

February 4, 2017 @ 5:46 AM

Megan

@Tom

So why is Fox News so popular with right wingers? They need someone to tell them what to think.

February 4, 2017 @ 10:25 AM

Anonymous

Megan....my comment did not and is not referring to any MSM or Cable news.....but it is interesting that you think it was.

February 8, 2017 @ 11:13 AM

Tom

BTW....I forgot to type my name in the reply

February 8, 2017 @ 7:53 PM

Sandra

I have been listening to 640 all day long since it first launched as MOJO radio...no longer.
The new "Morning Show" is a basic insult to intelligent listeners and is now hosted by 2 hosts who
continually babble on incessantly about THEIR pompous opinions on everything. I don't listen to talk radio for a hosts opinion. The entire beauty of talk radio is to get an unbiased pulse for what the listeners feel about the topic du jour from callers, not to hear 2 hosts opine non stop on all topics discussed.
These 2 have no on air chemistry, Dwivedi's voice in annoying and grating.
I have given this show numerous attempts since it was launched however I find it to be unlistenable.
Too bad 640. You had a gem with Oakely in the morning. I can't and won't tune in until Stafford comes on at 9:00. Please nix this show....it's beyond awful.

February 21, 2017 @ 10:17 AM

Well put Sandra

February 21, 2017 @ 4:26 PM

Chris

Sandra and Tom, absolutely agree with you, . There is no chemistry at all with these two and the grating voice!! Ugh.

February 21, 2017 @ 5:01 PM

Jee

As per my comment on Jan 24 above...agree with Sandra and Tom..640 needs to put Oakley back to the morning show. I now turn the radio on at 9am to avoid the horrible morning duo.

February 22, 2017 @ 12:20 PM

JD

... Mike Bullard - will be difficult for him to come back from this personal event in his life, although I hope he does persevere, and gets over this hurt. Never good when you go down in flames like this, but it also gives his audience a higher degree of 'slack' when, and if, he does return to the air.
..as for down the dial at the 640 it is plainly evident that they are shifting to Kids Radio, or Kids Corus.
...The new Morning Show is unlistenable due to the host's inability to 'connect' with the listener. The pair of them shouldn't be any where near a talk radio mic. Someone has done them both a disservice by allowing and promoting this incompetence. What's sad is that the target demo for this show seems to be people that have no money to spend...even Lou Schizas has nothing to say to the pair during his money, and markets spot(with Oakley there was some witty, entertaining banter) ... the Morning Show is a floundering mess of twitter reads, and social media observations...
I've moved over to streaming radio....which is tough for advertisers, because when you stream out of market, all your advertising cannot be delivered accurately... although there was nothing on 640's Advertisers list I would buy... and now unfortunately, not even it's radio product...

February 22, 2017 @ 4:40 PM

Tom

I'm not sure you can even call it Kids Corus.....more like Kareoke Corus to me...and neither of them can carry their tune to an interested mature conservative audience.

February 22, 2017 @ 9:19 PM

Sandra

More than well said, Tom, JD and Jee!!
It seems like the "Kids Kareoke Corus/Chorus" show ( LOL...love this ) is attempting to cater to a demographic which incapable of reading/comprehending much beyond a one line sentence and is beyond any ability of complex thought....nor is interested.
This disharmonious duo also seems not to be able to take on many, if any callers during 3 1/2 hours on air ...or perhaps they are not getting any, which truly would not be surprising.
Agreed that Lou Schizas doesn't even sound like the same person when he is on with these two.
I haven't found any talk radio worth listening to before 9:00 a.m. since Oakely left the morning time slot.
Does anyone know if it was Oakley's choice to move to the afternoon drive or was he booted out of his morning slot?

February 23, 2017 @ 9:39 AM

Tom

If it was his choice.....when does his contract renew? And, was it his choice ....eyeing a return to 1010 afternoon slot , or Oakely followed by Agar, followed by Stafford....something for everyone in that line up?

I cannot see Stafford staying if Oakley leaves, and he takes his advertising with him.....Lou, Tom etc, and maybe a producer or two......

Let the radio wars begin....oops..............they already have I think.

February 23, 2017 @ 11:21 AM

Anonymous

Tom, thank you for your response. :)

Radio wars indeed....hopefully with positive outcome for the listener.

I didn't like Oakley at all when he was on CFRB 1010. He seeming to bloom into someone entirely different when he moved over to 640....to the positive IMHO where it seems he was able to step over the stations "party line".

Oakley is nowhere near himself to my ear since this new time slot. If indeed he is in pre-contract negotiation, it doesn't sound like he is too happy about his move to "the drive home".

As for Stafford, I vehemently oppose some of his in the face opinionated stances and negations of possibilities on certain topics....quite frankly on some of these topics he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, has never taken the time to really research beyond what MSM spews etc. That said, overall he is a great interviewer and engaging when he doesn't label all those who consider other possibilities of what may be as "tin foil hat" people, truthers..and of course "lugans" etc.

Bottom line, 640 AM most times of the day is something I turn off. Sad really.

Many other podcasts out there that are way more titillating to the mind, informative and engaging than what 640 offers to date. What I do miss is the real pulse of the GTA/Canada with issues that should be important and of interest to all with unbiased presentation and with the pulse of the people who call in.

February 23, 2017 @ 6:48 PM

Sandra

Ooops Tom...forgot to type in my name...last response above was me.

February 23, 2017 @ 6:49 PM

Hey Sandra...your welcome:)

I have been up and down the dial too...................but nothing that makes me want to stick all day with one station....a good show here , and a good show there............................and 640 definitely has become a sad picture of what it was like.

Engaging is the missing ingredient.............

February 24, 2017 @ 10:37 AM

Tom

Damn...gotta remember that name thing...last reply was from me

February 24, 2017 @ 10:38 AM

Tom

Another week......and 640am is in continued downward spiral with their morning show............

March 8, 2017 @ 6:19 AM

JD

The CRTC specify's that programs designed for Children are categorised with their own clauses and regulations. Clearly Corus have treated their audience 'as' children, with Host's that barely rise to that peer demographic. My car pool group switched to streaming US Radio programming....
SirusXM, (IMO) is just as poor and unentertaining as terrestrial radio.

March 8, 2017 @ 10:11 AM

Tom

Couldn't agree more...I have been listening to US talk radio for a while now...there is a number of stations to choose from

March 9, 2017 @ 7:06 AM

Jack R.

I think a lot of people missed the point of Bullard's show. Being a loud ass was his comedic role. It was funny, because it was a role. The surprising part is how such a large number of Canadian listeners could possibly have missed that, since satire, sarcasm, self mockery and ridicule, is the very basis of Canadian humour

March 19, 2017 @ 3:37 PM

Tom

640 am......is now officially a safe site for listeners who feelings have been hurt

March 21, 2017 @ 8:21 PM

Sandra

Anyone still listening to 640 AM Toronto?

I used to love Oakley's morning show, followed by Stafford.

I try to catch Oakley in his drive home, however he's not the same person in this time slot...and why on earth does he have that "Cam" idiot on everyday in closing?...payback? I typically cant' catch Oakley's show live until the last half hour so perhaps the rest of it is the same quality that he used to broadcast in the morning.

Stafford's show is not the same either. There used to be a nice segue between Oaklely's more serious program and Mike's lighter one...no longer. Stafford's show has also become a piece of crap.

That said, immediately after Oakley's show, there is a re-broadcast of dumb and dumber aka the "Morning Show". Although I haven't listened to this show live for more than a month ( you'd have to pay me BIG bucks and even then I likely wouldn't) it seems as they have sunken to a newer low...unlistenable.

Wake up 640/ CFMJ....your station has gone down the toilet.

Get rid of the morning bimbo and bimbette and revisit your programming all during the day.

Consider getting Roy Green on full time during weekdays and then maybe I will tune my dial back in to you again.

March 24, 2017 @ 7:25 PM

Ted

The AM64O morning show is unlistenable. I have listened to 640 for over a decade. These 2 airheads are awful to listen to.

I suppose no one cares but I can't listen anymore.

This will be the biggest debacle since Q107 stopped playing music in favour of broadcasting Maple Leaf games... remember that disaster? I do.

March 29, 2017 @ 8:30 AM

Tom

Remember the source of all the changes.......they are married to Global

March 31, 2017 @ 11:19 AM

James

Jim Richards is a joke, the only problem is, no one is laughing..... Makes the day a lot harder when this man takes up 4 hours of it. When is this station going to wake up?

April 2, 2017 @ 6:51 PM

New call sign for Corus.....zzz640

April 7, 2017 @ 2:33 PM

Rob j

Tom,

I only listen to 640 late-nights for "Coast to Coast" but during the ad-breaks they play like a 'best of' clip from that day...it's literally Stafford etc. reading something he found online followed by a groaner of a quip.

I commend anyone who could withstand any more than a few minutes of that type of tripe.

April 7, 2017 @ 3:16 PM

Tom

Just had major dental work....much easier than listening to AM 640 in the morning

April 17, 2017 @ 1:08 PM

Verna

What happened to Mark Elliott? I miss him and listened to him for ages.Betty.

May 2, 2017 @ 1:07 PM

Brandon

Vera, Mark wrote an interesting entry called "Hello, I must be going… The Opioid Epidemic & the radio show that tried to help: People Helping People — Cancelled" that you may be interested to read:

Here

May 2, 2017 @ 1:55 PM

Randy

I really was excited for the new morning show on 640. I knew I'd miss Oakley, but I didn't think the new hosts could be at all bad. Well, I tried listening for six months and sadly, now I need to switch stations. I find the new show just lacks any entertainment value. I don't need to get my information on a talk show, I already have that. I want to be entertained with multiple viewpoints on a topic, and that's just not what I feel is being presented anymore. Hours of listening to Matt talk anecdotal about every point being made, mixed with Supryia reiterating every sentence in monotone actually makes me carsick. Matt, I really don't care how your life relates to every topic presented. Also. It seems that every question or statement is rephrased two or three times in a very condescending way towards the listener. Honestly, I usually just turn off the radio in the morning and think about my day. 640 had a good thing going there. Too bad.

May 7, 2017 @ 4:15 PM

Tom

Well summarized Randy..it has become more and more obvious ,that AM640 is trying to establish a connection with the early morning snowflakes.

May 12, 2017 @ 8:02 AM

Judy

I have to disagree Sandra about Stafford's show. It is by a country mile the best show on AM 640. Oakley is also extremely entertaining.
The morning show is so boring. It does not work at all with the tag team. John Moore has my ear now. Tasha's show is awful and they should bring back Tina T in her place.
Kelly C is not bad although I find Jim Richards much more entertaining. So all in all the only two shows on 640 worth listening to are Stafford (fantastic) and Oakley. Just my two cents

May 14, 2017 @ 8:00 PM

Anonymous

Stafford's show is the only decent one because he isn't focused specifically on news. The Frankensteining of Global News and National Post with AM640 has crippled their programming: the morning show and Tasha, etc. Plus you have a program director who lives in another small city a couple hours away. Playing it safe.

May 15, 2017 @ 11:18 AM

Rick C in Oakville

I actually think Tasha and Supriya are great panelists on the CBC, when they appear but just can't feel any chemistry in the AM640 morning show.

May 15, 2017 @ 9:09 PM

Tom

Um, um. repeat, apologize, let everyone know you are a conservative, um, stammer, um

This is the morning show

May 29, 2017 @ 7:18 AM

Tom

Spring ratings are stagnant for 640 am..... up significantly for 1010....

May 30, 2017 @ 8:25 AM

The Voice of Reason

AM640 needs to move Oakley back to mornings. The experiment failed.

May 30, 2017 @ 2:29 PM

Tom

That's like saying , Global has to be more balanced in their news....not gonna' happen...but you are right

May 30, 2017 @ 11:12 PM

Tom

The more I take a "sip' of AM640, the more it sounds like PC creep, ( political correctness ). I honestly do not believe that JO, and MS, along with their staffs, cannot be entertaining other offers.....if they receive them.

This is no longer conservative talk radio, more like being spoon fed , what Global wants you to hear as the "facts".

June 8, 2017 @ 5:26 AM

Mike

The 640 Morning Show is awful. Unfortunately its easier to listen to than that smug douche Moore on 1010! He once used the moniker Nut-Case to describe a CAMH patient that had gone AWOL. So I wont listen to his sanctimonious drivel. As for 640's Morning show, Its contrived and quite judgey for a couple of "journalists". I really dislike being spoken down to, and this show is a whole bunch of that. i was fact not conjecture in my morning radio. I guess 680 news is the way to go.

June 22, 2017 @ 1:55 PM

Mike

Oh yeah and what is with the forced "my pillow" ads! Jeeeeeesus to betsy they are horrible! just as bad ad the omni and spence jewellers commercials! Geeez

June 22, 2017 @ 2:16 PM

Tina

I used to love waking up to Oakley's bell! it was a breath of fresh air. My partner and I would listen every morning, actually felt at a loss when the opening music, Johnny B Goode did not have the bell ringing in the back ground. This new morning show is just horrible. Its pretentious and very preachy, what they feel is witty banter totally misses the mark almost seems scripted, to help build the other host. Supriya's voice is not for radio, its quite annoying, Her constant references to being from Montreal are also getting tired. There is absolutely no chemistry with these two. Matt should stick to writing, radio is also not for him. he is out of touch with his audience and his constant condescending tone to thoughts he disagrees with. Talk Radio is not for preaching, it is for open dialogue, lively and reasonable debate. something these two tout highly in their bios. Yet fail to deliver.

June 22, 2017 @ 2:32 PM

Tom

The morning show b4 MS ....ask me what time it is, and I will tell you how to make a watch, and then tell you everything I ever did wearing the watch, and on, and on , and on,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

June 28, 2017 @ 10:40 AM

Tom

Breath of fresh air this morning...MS is doing the morning show.....

July 4, 2017 @ 8:40 AM

Judy lott

I agree Tom and sitting in for Mike this week is Andrew Lawton who I think is terrific.

July 4, 2017 @ 12:06 PM

Tom

I wonder, I just wonder if this is a market share test?

July 4, 2017 @ 8:34 PM

Bert

To me, Lawton comes across as a blowhard.

July 4, 2017 @ 9:40 PM

Anonymous

Ah...it's Wednesday, and no MS.....is Lawton the former MPP?

July 5, 2017 @ 1:32 PM

Tom

The previous comment was from me......also meant to suggest, that listening to the morning duo, is like a couple that is always wearing matching outfits...and finishing each others sentences

July 5, 2017 @ 1:36 PM

Brandon

Tom, don't we (collectively) want a bit of that though? The "finishing each others' sentences"? I wonder if that's not a key trait, the easygoing banter of a morning radio show duo. Not enough of that and people complain they have no chemistry or don't engage with each other. But I would feel it's a fine line and maybe you feel it's a bit much.

July 5, 2017 @ 6:18 PM

Tom

What a change up this week ...MS at least 3 times in the morning...no back and forth banter.....

July 7, 2017 @ 6:51 AM

James

@ Mike - Try the 'My Pillow' game. It's simple; Hear anyone on the morning show mention 'My Pillow' and you flip the dial. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes before you're listening to something much better...like the 680 traffic reports.

July 11, 2017 @ 3:10 PM

Tom

Great point James........this pillow will also help you block out the insipid commentary that comes out of two other shows...Inside Jokes...they have to because all they seem to want to talk about is letting you know that one time they met someone famous...and then the ever equally insipid Parenting Show...how the hell did any generation make it this far without being bubble wrapped?

But never to be forgotten...the Dr Michael Pinkus show

If you are going to fill your air time with this garbage...time to go over the menu, and replace it with shows that are palatable.

July 18, 2017 @ 12:26 AM

Mike

@James What a great game!

July 21, 2017 @ 6:08 AM

Andrew

I heard from someone close to AM640 that Oakley requested the change for health reasons, and that getting up at 3AM wasn't a good idea anymore. Whatever the health scare was, I hope he's much better although he is sorely missed in the mornings.

That said, I'd rather listen to rhesus monkeys screeching than the AM640 morning show.

August 18, 2017 @ 12:20 PM