Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 200: Humble and Fred

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 200In this 200th episode, Mike chats with broadcasters Humble Howard Glassman and Fred Patterson about their podcast, the state of radio today and how long they'll run. This episode is exactly 1:50:37.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Humble and Fred and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Tdotter

I've tried the Humble and Fred show, but couldn't get into it. But I really like them on your show. This was a great episode.

When Howard mentioned Humble and Mike, I was thinking "yeah!"

October 24, 2016 @ 3:38 PM

Lyle Lanley

Congrats on 200!

October 24, 2016 @ 4:28 PM

chris

Congrats Mike on 200 episodes.

I gave up listening after 2 minutes on this podcast. Terrible. Sorry.
H&F WTF. Give it up & retire. Pete & Geets wanna be's.

October 24, 2016 @ 8:10 PM

@chris

If Humble and Fred aren't your cup of tea, I'm surprised you bothered to start the ep. If anything the first few minutes would be the best minutes because they feature my 2 year old!

October 24, 2016 @ 8:39 PM

markosaar

Boy this episode was a little bit rough for me.

I grew up listening to them on 102.1 from a very young age. I listened to their podcast 100% for over two years ... but eventually I quit because the content and their perspectives felt too "old" for me.

I still enjoyed the banter on this episode ... then Humble mentions them being in their late 20s/early 30s when they started ... and as someone in my mid-30s now I felt ... FUCK.

October 24, 2016 @ 10:03 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Congrats on 200 Mike. Downloaded this yesterday and hoping to get around to it today.

October 25, 2016 @ 8:36 AM

Bill

Great 200th.
Always enjoy H&F when they are audible. They always have great opinions on the radio industry.

October 25, 2016 @ 11:38 AM

Ima Fakeologist

Wtf happened at 16:00? Rush blew out my eardrum. Please be careful with sound!

October 25, 2016 @ 11:50 AM

@Ima Fakeologist

Can you be more specific? There's no Rush at 16:00.

October 25, 2016 @ 12:07 PM

Ima Fakeologist

I redownloaded and all is well. Must be a sd card glitch. Please excuse.

October 25, 2016 @ 12:37 PM

Ima Fakeologist

How do I get a check mark by my name?

October 25, 2016 @ 12:39 PM

Ima Fakeologist

I'm always surprised when people in an industry say they don't at least sample their competition (or don't admit to it). Don't you think this is odd?

October 25, 2016 @ 12:42 PM

The fact they don't listen to Toronto Miked is very, very odd.

October 25, 2016 @ 1:44 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Great episode with H&F.
Awe but you got Freddie P to pull out his not politically correct impression.
I meant to have you ask why he doesn't like to run the Goo head bits? Just like you with the Champ, I looked forward to them, even as predictable as they were.

October 25, 2016 @ 1:47 PM

Or maybe

re: " .. Great episode with H&F. You were able to squeeze some more info out of them on Eileen which I hadn't suspected. Never felt she was trying to turn it into the Humble Fred and Eileen show, but stuff happens. .. "

Or maybe Humble was becoming increasingly uncomfortable that Eileen was genuinely more witty & more funny than he was.

October 25, 2016 @ 2:48 PM

@Or maybe

I don't think that's it. Howard wasn't the driving force behind Eileen's departure.

October 25, 2016 @ 2:50 PM

Bill

They don't listen because your sound quality puts their show to shame.

October 25, 2016 @ 4:51 PM

Ima Fakeologist

Eileen was great, but three was a crowd. Sadly, her show with Josh isn't really all that great, probably because of lack of synergy with Josh. It's hard to predict how two will interact. Humble's explanation was adequate for me.
Incidentally, early Humble clips you played reminded me of his higher pitch, non radio sounding voice (which was a turn off). He sounds much better now, since at least his vocal cords have matured.

October 25, 2016 @ 7:56 PM

@Bill

They have two of my microphones for their show tomorrow, so we'll see if that improves things.

October 25, 2016 @ 8:15 PM

Bill

I hope it solves the problem. The only thing that was clear on today's podcast was their frustration with the mics.

October 25, 2016 @ 8:58 PM

SAL

Congrats on 200 Mike… you might be onto something here with this podcast thingy!

Great sit down with the lads again.. it's nice to hear them get the respect they deserve in your interviews… though their no "Queensway & Flowers" that's for sure.

Yes.. you maybe a good friend of theirs.. but you are a sincere fan of radio in general & out of this very talented Toronto market, you not only connected with & appreciated their talent/shows over the years as a listener.. it appears they in-part inspired you to explore your dream of being an announcer of sorts yourself with this special podcast forum.

That is quite the compliment to them.. they are the faves of a genuine fan of radio & that is very cool symmetry & kinda "field of dreamish" in itself… you built it & they come (well most do) & we are entertained & better for it!.

Salute to the 3 of you….

October 26, 2016 @ 7:51 PM

Bob

Nov 28 Twice now i have tried to download Ep 200 I use the Beyondpod app on my android phone. The first time it seemed to download then immediately disappeared. I just tried again today and downloaded a few others of your podcasts but #200 stalled about 50%. and won't go further

November 28, 2016 @ 12:19 PM

@Bob

Very strange. I was just able to play all 110 minutes of it via the site.

I do know of a Chrome bug with the HTML5 audio player. But, if you right click and "save link as", the entire MP3 should download.

November 28, 2016 @ 1:51 PM

Bob

I tried again and it worked this time thanks seems like it may be a problem with my wifi cutting out

November 30, 2016 @ 10:41 AM