Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 194: Maestro Fresh-Wes

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 194In this 194th episode, Mike chats with the Godfather of Canadian hip hop, Maestro Fresh-Wes, about his career in music from Let Your Backbone Slide to I Know Your Mom. This episode is exactly 58:47.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Maestro Fresh Wes and me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Handsome Rob

You've waited a long time for that one, congrats.

Who's you white whale now?

September 22, 2016 @ 3:15 PM

@Handsome Rob

Bob McCown.

September 22, 2016 @ 3:18 PM

This ep was way fun. Great convo on the recording and afterwards.

And yes, he signed my albums.

September 22, 2016 @ 3:20 PM

Jody Thornton

I have both of these. But by the time Conductin' Things came out, vinyl had pretty much disappeared. I did manage to grab a promo copy of Kish on 12" with "I Rhyme the World in 80 Days"

September 22, 2016 @ 10:19 PM

Jason from Sudbury

@Mike: Congrats man. I'm so happy for you. You've been waiting for this day for quite a while now. This was a good podcast and it sounds like you really enjoyed it. Also, I know I said before I had no clue who Maestro Fresh Wes was, but I do remember Let Your Backbone Slide and Stick To Your Vision.

September 22, 2016 @ 10:59 PM

Anonymous

McCown would be excellent, especially his Vegas experience.

Have you ever thought of John Shannon? He seems like the voice of reason on a lot of hot topics. I only know him from PTS, so I don't know what his resume is like.

September 23, 2016 @ 4:55 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Finally nailed him down!

September 23, 2016 @ 8:40 AM

Anthony

Congrats Mike, glad you where able to record this one, I know you where trying to for years. Sounded great, a lot of fun organic chat. It was nice to get away from the Media guys and just listen to a fun organic conversation with a Toronto icon.

Look forward to you doing a Tragically Hip retrospective or something along those lines soon

September 23, 2016 @ 9:18 AM

Broni

Really looking forward to listening to this. I remember going to a Young MC concert in Vancouver.....must have been 1989. Maestro Fresh Wes was booked as the opening act. By the time the concert date arrived, Maestro's song was bigger than Young MC's on the Top 40 radio charts. Even though he still was the "opening act", the show had a "Maestro Fresh Wes with opening act Young MC" vibe to it.

September 23, 2016 @ 11:13 AM

@Broni

We talked about that Young MC tour...

September 23, 2016 @ 5:00 PM

Anon&on

This was great! He has that rap/hiphop bravado.. but he's so nice, and polite about it, very Canadian.

September 24, 2016 @ 10:15 PM