Auston Matthews Drafted 1st Overall by Maple Leafs

Auston

Jim S.

WINNING! The Leafs finally did something right. Along with getting Babcock, firing Carlyle, trading Kessel...The only better move so far has been...Strombo OUT, MacLean IN! Winning! Even a highly connected senior person at Rogers said earlier this week of the move to put in Strombo as host..."what a stupid move". Now, it all plays out.

June 24, 2016 @ 8:24 PM

Here's our reaction to the drafting of Auston Matthews. My oldest was afraid the Leafs would mess this up, and you can hear me reassure him by telling him this was a 99.9% certainty.

At the end you can hear me promise my youngest a Stanley Cup in her lifetime.

June 25, 2016 @ 10:12 AM

elvis

I'll be 100x more excited if we sign Stamkos. Proven and in his prime.

June 26, 2016 @ 1:37 PM

Blind Dave

I have an unexplained red light about Stamkos. I'd rather they wait and go after Tavares.

June 26, 2016 @ 3:57 PM

@Blind Dave

I have the same feeling. He hasn't been the same since he broke his leg.

June 26, 2016 @ 4:04 PM

dale

Stamkos didn't break his leg. He had a blood clot which is more serious. Detroit you can hame him.

Taveres next year, younger & same talent or better than Stamkos.

GO 4 IT LOU & SHANNY.

June 26, 2016 @ 8:18 PM

Derek haye

@dake

Stamkos broke his leg just before the Sochi Olympics.

June 26, 2016 @ 8:33 PM

What's Derek Haye said....

Stamkos broke his leg before Sochi and if you crunch the numbers you'll see he's not the same player since that happened.

I'd like the Stamkos before the leg break, but I'm not sure I want to commit the dollars and term to this Stamkos.

June 26, 2016 @ 9:15 PM

another steve

Drafting Matthews was significant.
But who the Leafs add to support him, to influence and facilitate his and the teams ongoing development is critical.
Heavy lifting is just getting started.
The Leafs are still a long way from being competitive, let alone a legit contender for Lord Stanley's cup.

Looking forward to this process.

June 27, 2016 @ 3:59 PM