Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 175: Ron Hawkins

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 175In this 175th episode, Mike chats with Lowest of the Low lead singer and songwriter Ron Hawkins about Shakespeare My Butt, success for which you're unprepared, Gord Downie, the perfect marriage of Peace and Quiet and Tim Thompson's Maple Leafs montage and much, much more. This episode is exactly 1:30:54.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

20160524_123530

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Elephant

I've been looking forward to this one. I saw them play in Waterloo at a place across the road from Laurier when I went to school there in the early 90s. I had Shakespeare My Butt on cassette -- sadly, like many other albums in my cassette library, I never replaced it when cassettes became obsolete.

May 24, 2016 @ 1:29 PM

Alan

Awesome. I love that you played the hits and asked him about them. Great band, great convo!

May 24, 2016 @ 3:15 PM

markosaar

I look forward to this!

While it's on my mind, do you have other Canadian/local musicians in mind to interview? I remember you had a list of people you were looking for help connecting with but I can't seem to find it again. I know Maestro is on there.

May 25, 2016 @ 10:22 AM

Sorry for those who tried to comment today but got a server error. I'm working on it.

@markosaar

The artists I always wanted are/were:

Maestro
Gord Downie
Ron Hawkins
Emm Gryner
Hayden

I've intentionally left off those I felt were out of reach, like Chuck D, Neil Young, etc.

Maestro says he'll come in, Ron and Emm have been over, Gord was always a long shot and is now obviously not going to happen and I've yet to extend an invitation to Hayden, but will soon.

May 25, 2016 @ 10:35 AM

Low Fan

This was great. Thanks for doing this!

May 25, 2016 @ 10:36 AM

James Edgar

Great thanks. i'm listening to them right now. I missed the live album somehow I'll have to check it out

Ok Gord's out how about someone else from the Hip? Rob Baker or Paul Langlois

Yes Gord is the Mouth but they might have some good road stories at least .

May 25, 2016 @ 12:05 PM

markosaar

Boo ... queued them up after this interview (my queue is over 100 hours...) but Hallucigenia has been pulled from Spotify since. Shakespeare My Butt (Remastered) is fortunately still up. I assume the reason has to do with different record labels.

July 12, 2016 @ 10:06 AM