Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 162: Don Landry

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 162In this 162nd episode, Mike chats with broadcaster Don Landry about his years at The Fan 590 co-hosting the morning show with Pat Marsden and Gord Stellick, why I should have Vic Rauter on the podcast, what he thinks of skinny cable packges and Gord Martineau's exit and what he's been up to with the Argos and curling and much, much more. This episode is exactly 1:32:47.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

GAry

I really enjoyed this. The Fan morning has not been the same since Don left.

March 6, 2016 @ 8:20 AM

Sam in Pickering

Fantastic episode... I actually rarely comment on episode entries anymore because it's consistently great. I now take this podcast for granted.

March 6, 2016 @ 12:45 PM

Blind Dave

I agree with @GAry. I haven't listened much to the Fan morning show since Landry & Stellick were booted. Great ep.

March 6, 2016 @ 1:48 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Loved it! Loved hearing Don and all of his impressions! Brought back some great memories.

March 7, 2016 @ 12:10 PM

Jonathan Giggs

Great Don Cherry and Pat Marsden impersonations.

But answering phone during interview? Respect both your guest and audience with some editing.

March 7, 2016 @ 3:20 PM

@Jonathan Giggs

If it wasn't my wife or one of my kids, I wouldn't have answered it.

I did edit out the bulk of the call, but I didn't want to edit out the fact it happened because, well... it happened, and we referenced it.

March 7, 2016 @ 3:31 PM

Derek

I love Don. He and I worked together at CKBB when I was fresh and green and then later he and I worked in the booth at the Barrie Molson Centre where he did the PA and I played the music. for the Barrie Colts He's one of the best. Glad you had him on.

D

March 7, 2016 @ 4:55 PM

@Derek

When are you coming on?

March 7, 2016 @ 4:56 PM

Music & Curling!

Mike - Love that you played Sarah Harmer/The Hip in this episode (and Lowest of the Low to close out the show) and that curling came up. Add The Weakerthans "Tournament of Hearts" to your play list and, like hundreds of thousands of other Canadians, you might actually find yourself watching The Brier at some point this week. Great episode all around!!

March 7, 2016 @ 5:08 PM

Rick

Great to listen to Don. Didn't know his history pre 1995. Great guy to work with and a lot of fun. Always great to have him on the show out here.

March 21, 2016 @ 4:26 PM