Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 152: Pete Fowler

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 152In this 152nd episode, Mike chats with former 102.1 the Edge announcer Pete Fowler about his years at the station, his relationship with Martin Streek, why he left radio to become a cop and his new show, The Lost Indie City. This episode is exactly 1:21:20.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

Another awesome podcast Mike. I always love hearing some good Martin stories.

December 28, 2015 @ 12:48 PM

Anne D

Enjoyed this podcast a lot. Thanks once again Mike for getting some interesting guests.

December 28, 2015 @ 4:40 PM

My hope is that even those who don't recognize the name Pete Fowler give this one a whirl.

His dream was to be a DJ on CFNY, and he left that gig to become a police officer with the OPP. It's a unique story with great nuggets about Brother Bill, Maie Pauts, Alan Cross, and of course, Martin Streek.

He was also incredibly gracious, giving me not one, but two gifts. I'm glad I got to meet Sergeant Peter Fowler.

December 28, 2015 @ 5:09 PM

Jenn

Great show, brought back a lot of memories for me. I went through the gamut of emotions while listening to you guys talk about Martin. Kudos to Pete for doing such a great job with what I imagine were often difficult questions.
Everyone need to listen to The Lost Indie City on Sunday evenings. It's worth your time!

December 28, 2015 @ 8:09 PM

Cory

Wow Mike, great show. Not to mention any spoilers, but I really liked the Brother Bill story re. NIN Closer edit and of course Martin swearing. Miss hearing all those guys and girls that worked there while I was going to University. Great times.

December 28, 2015 @ 10:42 PM

Ithaca Dan

Anyone else having problems with this episode cutting off? It looks like it is supposed to be 121 min but it end for me at 118...I am listening on Pocket Cast on Android. Great episode as usual.

December 29, 2015 @ 9:41 AM

Brantford Bob

Had no issue here Ithaca Dan. Listened through the site link on iPhone with no issues except for the dryer sound lol in the background for the first couple of minutes. Great show.

December 29, 2015 @ 10:46 AM

markosaar

Thought his name was so damn familiar but couldn't remember why ... then spotted him posting on the "Remembering The Spirit Of Radio CFNY 102.1" Facebook group, haha.

December 30, 2015 @ 9:39 AM

@Ithaca Dan

Sorry for the late reply... I'm in holiday mode. :)

The file on the server looks right. It should all be there. I'd bet if you fetched a fresh copy it would be full length.

December 30, 2015 @ 1:04 PM

Melon

Wow what a time trip - that was so much fun. I was the quintessential nineties indie listener. My emotions, too, ran the gamut on that: Pete always makes me laugh, Martin stories make me contemplative and omg the name trip was super nostalgic! I gotta admit that this was the first of Mike's shows that I listened to (thanks Pete - love the Lost Indie City) but I'm checking out more. Thanks for the memories; hating how old I feel :)

December 30, 2015 @ 11:32 PM

Ithaca Dan

Re-fetching didn't work but an unsubscribe resubscribe worked great. Good interview.

January 1, 2016 @ 8:54 AM

Paul in Cambridge

Silly me. I looked for this podcast under the radio and edge102 folders first. Should have went to the podcasting link first. My bad. Enjoyed this interview very much.

January 3, 2016 @ 6:49 PM

@Paul in Cambridge

I'll add it to the radio and Edge 102 categories.

Thanks!

January 3, 2016 @ 7:01 PM

And Edge 102 fans will want to listen to my next episode with Barry Taylor.

January 3, 2016 @ 7:02 PM

Jason from Sudbury

The Barry Taylor podcast should be a good one. I enjoyed his bits. My favorit though was when he filled in for Josie on the Nooner though, he did this thing called "automated therapist" which I thought was hilarious.

January 4, 2016 @ 12:57 PM

Sunil

Great interview!!! I was out of the country with extremely crappy Internet access, and finally got to listen!

Just like Jenn, I got a bit choked up when Pete was talking about Martin...I remember when Pete first started on 'NY and am glad that he's back on the radio

And I tell people down here about Neil/Brother Bill's Closer edits all the time!

Sunil
Austin, TX

January 5, 2016 @ 8:34 PM

Corinne

Enjoyed this interview very much. It seemed a little different then a lot of your other podcasts. From CFNY DJ to a police sergeant, what a complete change. Fun fact: My brother was in a minor fender bender a few years back, and my brother recognized the voice of the police officer that showed up and saw that his name tag said P.Fowler and asked if he was the same person that once worked at the Edge which he replied yes. My brother and Pete talked about music for the next thirty minutes while waiting for a tow truck. Very nice fella.

April 27, 2016 @ 10:08 AM

@Corinne

He's a great guy...

April 27, 2016 @ 10:10 AM

John in Oakville.

This was great. Such a personable and honest interview. Loved it!

October 3, 2017 @ 3:48 AM