Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 123: Steve Anthony

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 123In this 123rd episode, Mike chats with Steve Anthony about his years on MuchMusic, his work at Breakfast Television and CP24 Breakfast, replacing Pete and Geets on CFNY, his use of cocaine, his broken hip and where Anne Rohmer went for a few months. This episode is exactly 1:12:29.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Lyle Lanley

Fantastic!

May 27, 2015 @ 3:06 PM

Frank

Steve sounds like he had fun. Lots of good info too, but the best was your Champ impression.

The worst was your George Michael impression. :)

May 27, 2015 @ 3:30 PM

Handsome Rob

Great interview Mike. Really enjoyed it.

May 27, 2015 @ 5:19 PM

Tdotter

This is my favourite podcast. Another awesome ep!

May 27, 2015 @ 7:56 PM

Christos

Not to sound cynical, I've never cared for Steve Anthony's persona. I don't know if it's the machine-gun delivery of sentences or the chronic ADHD and inability to stay on one topic. That said, this was a great podcast and it's always great to understand people on a more human level. I am sorry for my previously cool reception to Mr. Anthony. Good job as usual TM.

Best part of the podcast:

Steve Anthony: "Here taste it... Don't spit it out, swallow it around..."

Mike: "Yeah, that's actually not good dude".

Gold Jerry, gold!

May 27, 2015 @ 9:20 PM

Argie

@Mike
Good job, again.

Its scary, the one episode of "Champ" I reference to people is the exact one you mentioned on the podcast - "so, buddy, I guess you blew your wad on your wife's face..." That still makes me laugh too.

May 28, 2015 @ 8:17 AM

This was one of my favourite episodes to date, because I wasn't sure what to expect. I ended up really liking Steve and all laughs you hear are sincere.

His coffee was shit, though.

May 28, 2015 @ 8:30 AM

HP

Not really a fan but this was a good interview.

May 28, 2015 @ 9:48 AM

this guest

Oh my god, 'Champ?' I'll have to listen to this. Somewhere I still might have cassette tapes I made of those segments. 'Well, I lose it!'

May 28, 2015 @ 10:22 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Will try to listen this week. I can't remember if Steve had the bit about Make Momma Cuss, there sure were some beauts if so. I should have posted it up as a question for you to ask earlier.

May 28, 2015 @ 1:15 PM

Tim

I like Steve. Good looking, manic, intelligent. You'd think for such an experienced broadcaster he could stay near the mic. I hate straining to hear people no matter who they are. Mike, take advice from the great Humble and insist they kiss the stick!

May 28, 2015 @ 3:42 PM

Rob

Did you guys talk about Much getting rid of the VJ recently?

May 28, 2015 @ 5:07 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Great job Mike, Steve's a funny quirky guy. Wish he had stayed on the mic, the road noise in my rental car drowned out some of his audio.

The Champ was a must listen for years, it was brilliant in it's simplicity.

I think I did hear you say Hockey.

May 29, 2015 @ 12:01 AM

@Rick C in Oakville

Yes, I said hockey.

And yes, I had a stern talk with Steve before we recorded about staying on the mic. :)

May 29, 2015 @ 7:40 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I really enjoyed this one Mike. One of your more entertaining and insightful episodes.

May 29, 2015 @ 8:51 AM

James Edgar

Great Interview Mike. I really enjoyed it./

May 29, 2015 @ 1:19 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Great interview. My only issue was having to play with my volume cause of Steve stepping away from the mic. It would get quiet so I turned it up, then Mike you would say something and of course being on the mic it got way too loud, so turn it down again, then turn it up so I can hear Steve. Yeah that shit started to piss me off after a while. But yeah other than that great interview.

May 30, 2015 @ 3:28 PM